Smart Playlist - Not starting right away
Hi - This is driving me nuts. I'm pretty sure there is solution out there, but I can't figure out what to search.

Here is the problem. I have setup a smart playlist. When I choose the movie I want, I have to hit enter, and then select the file name of the movie. At first I thought it was because there were multiple files in the folder, and XBMC didn't know what to play, but it happens with all my movies.

How do I setup it up so it plays right away without asking me to select the filename? I don't want to hit enter twice to watch the movie. I'm pretty sure it was not doing that before.
Create a plain text document called advancedsettings.xml (wiki) and place it in your userdata folder (wiki) with the following content:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
     <playlistasfolders>false</playlistasfolders>
</advancedsettings>

EDIT: Scratch that, seems that only applies to plain playlists and not smart playlists.
On music smart playlists hitting enter brings you into the list of songs in that playlist (same as you have described). If I instead highlight the smart playlist and then hit play on my remote it starts playing a song from the playlist without having to go into the playlist. Try that. I'm pretty sure the keyboard shortcut for Play is P.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlist - Not starting right away0