Changing mind and saving the LiveTV buffer+rest of show as a recording
Can this be implemented? I was just watching the news as LiveTV and saw a helicopter view flooding next to a family members house and wanted a way to save it easily but when I rewound before it and hit record it never saved the old footage just started at the current live point on a second tuner. I think this could be done better.

Luckily I was smart enough to ssh in and run a "lsof | grep mpg" to find the livetv buffer file and copy it to a new file. But I am surprised I could not do it in a better way.
I think you can do this in mythfrontend by just pressing the record button. Not sure in XBMC.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
You can access the mythtv livetv recordings/buffer from myth web, and from there you could export/save it. In myth web go to recordings and select livetv from the drop down box at the top of the page.
Thanks that mythweb info was great.
There is no need to export or save it. Live TV is recorded like any other recording, but with a shorter expiry time. Just change it not expire in mythweb.

But in mythfrontend you can turn any LiveTV to a permanent recording (and keep recording to the end of the show) with the Rec button on your remote during recording. (Of course if you missed the start you'll have to wait for a re-run). Does this work in XBMC?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Janbar has added a new branch with this functionality

https://github.com/janbar/xbmc-pvr-addons

Haven't tried it yet but will do so in a few days.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing mind and saving the LiveTV buffer+rest of show as a recording0