Mini, 12.2 - only one speaker with stereo audio
Hello guys,

I have
  • a new 2012 Mac Mini i5/8GB/SSD/10.8.4
  • XBMC 12.2 64bit
  • Audio via HDMI
  • directly connected to Denon AVR-2113
  • 7.1 speaker setup

I tried absolutely all combinations of setups in XBMC and in combination with MacOS's Audio-MIDI-Setup. DTS and DD get passed through perfectly fine, but simple old dvd-rips with stereo only output on the front left channel. Going back to 12.0 solves the problem. I love XBMC, but this is a real dealbreaker.

XBMC audio settings:
  • Audio output HDMI
  • Speaker configuration 2.0
  • Downmix off
  • ... all speakers off
  • AC3 on
  • DTS on
  • LPCM on
  • Audio output device HDMI

Any ideas on this? Any more information you need?
Any help is greatly appreciated. I already checked the FAQ and Google for hours last night.
Audio Midi Setup set to 2.0
XBMC speaker setup set to 2.0 or 2.1 (try both!)
AC3 on
DTS on
LPCM off
Output HDMI (or optical if you like).

Something like that should work iirc. Else stay on 12.0 for now. We are still unable to fix anything regarding audio on osx due to lack of developers in that region. (but its known that channel mapping is b0rked in 12.1 and 12.2 in favour of preventing a crash which could happen for some using 12.0).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz, thanks for your reply. I thought so while looking through the source. Still a lot of work to do there. I know things are not easy due to CoreAudio, yet I don't understand why there aren't more people helping out on the Mac port. Esp. the latest Mini is an awesome basis for a media center. I'll try to have a look at the source and see what I can do. C/C++, Python etc. is not a problem, just time ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini, 12.2 - only one speaker with stereo audio0