Win Unwatchably Poor Video Performance
I've just purchased an HP Microserver*, with the plan of making it into an HTPC.

I've copied some videos onto it, however when running XBMC I'm getting very poor performance when watching videos.

In the menus etc the UI is very slick, however as soon as I open any video, performance dissapears and even the mouse is slow to respond. The video is jerky with standard-definition content, but with 1080p content the video is down to 1 frame per multiple seconds.

All the videos play fine in VLC (even the ultra high bandwidth ones) without a hint of performance problems.

So far I've tried enabling / disabling DXVA (hardware acceleration) without success.

Any suggestions?

*specs - AMD Turion N54L CPU (2.2 GHz), 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 8TB RAID0 HDD's, AMD 6450 GPU, clean Windows 8 x64 install, XBMC "Frodo", 32" LCD plugged in via VGA
As with every other thread here, it's more than likely your audio output settings, where you've told XBMC that your audio output device can decode audio formats that it can't.

Check the sticky at the top of this section for more details.
Ah ok thankyou - I've bought a soundcard (Xonar DGX) so I'll see if that makes a difference.
You almost certainly don't need any new hardware, it's just the configuration of XBMC needs looking at and changing if necessary.

have a look at the thread and post back if you're still having issues and we can suggest things to change to get it working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unwatchably Poor Video Performance0