Changes to "No TV" LCD Mode
i like the menu available on the lcd via the "no tv" mode. however, i do not like the fact that i'm locked to starting in the music screen (easily corrected by defaulting to the user's preferences), or the fact that the screensaver is prevented from starting (again, easily corrected).

therefore, my suggestion is to add an additional mode for users who want the menu available with "no tv" mode without the rest of the "no tv" mode "features". perhaps a new "menu mode."
why? what advantage is it to see the menu system on the lcd when you have the gigantic tv on?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

well, obviously, cause i don't always have it on. or maybe i've taken my xbox somewhere with me, where i don't have a tv. or maybe the tv is on, but it's set to a different video input (colts are playing but i want to listen to music cause i don't need to hear them kick ass). shall i keep going?

by the way, if i developed and submitted this change, what's the chance it would be accepted?

the point is, without your tv on, only music is of any value. if you're watching the colts, and you want to hear music, why traverse the menu system to get to the music section? it's not like you're going to be watching a video with the tv off.

but, by all means, please develop it and submit it to sourceforge. it'll likely get added. no user submitted patch, to date, has been declined. they may have been altered a little bit, but nothings been declined.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
great info to hear. i'll work on making the change.

i guess i could use profiles to flip between normal and no tv, but the reason i was thinking an additional mode would be good is so i can set it and forget it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changes to "No TV" LCD Mode0