Solved Using Compro K300 with XBMCbuntu 12.2
I am trying to use a Compro K300 remote with a new installation of XBMCbuntu 12.2. I am wondering is the if this is one of the remotes that should work out of the box. My guess would be no, as I connected the dongle and tried it out but none of the buttons do anything, I also remove the keyboard and mouse I had connected, set the option in the setting to use remote inputs as keystrokes (or whatever it is called) again removed keyboard and mouse just in case. In each of these cases the outcome was the same, no response to button presses on the remote.
Unless I am misunderstanding the meaning of "out of the box", I understand it is as plug and play so to speak, but are there other options that need to be set? As in it works out of the box but would first need to change some settings or something of that sort.

If it isn't a supported remote I am assuming I will have to go through this exercise:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW-TO:Setup_Lirc

Thanks.
give us the output of lsusb and ir-keytable.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you for the response.

Will give you the outputs once I am home from work and have access to the pc again.
The outputs:

Code:
johannes@HTPC1:~$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 8087:0024 Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 125f:dc1a A-DATA Technology Co., Ltd.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 046d:c01e Logitech, Inc. MX518 Optical Mouse
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 185b:3020 Compro K100 Infrared Receiver
johannes@HTPC1:~$ ir-keytable
bash: ir-keytable: command not found

Maybe the fact that the ir-keytable command is not found is a sign of a possible problem, isn't it a core ubuntu command?
install it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Which repository will I need to install ir-keytable? I tried to install it but it seems it isn't in XBMCbuntu's repository.

What will the package do exactly.

I haven't tested everything yet but I seem to have managed to get my remote to work....or at least it works up to the point of navigating the menus, haven't tested more than that.
It is available in xbmcbuntu, what output did you get when you installed it?

The package will give you access to the ir-keytable program which enables you to do testing of in kernel IR drivers.
What is the name used for the package?

Code:
johannes@HTPC1:~$ sudo apt-get install ir-keytable
[sudo] password for johannes:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package ir-keytable
johannes@HTPC1:~$ sudo apt-get install irkeytable
Building dependency tree      
E: Unable to locate package irkeytable
johannes@HTPC1:~$ sudo apt-get install ir_keytable
Building dependency tree      
E: Unable to locate package ir_keytable
Ok noob mistake, ran update, could then install ir-keytable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Compro K300 with XBMCbuntu 12.20