Recording TV series by name, not with timer (MediaPortal PVR plugin)
After years of using WMC on one single station, I have now been testing more centralized TV server solutions for some months.
Basically, I am very satisfied with the combination of Win 2008 R2 with MediaPortal as server and OpenElec with XBMC as clients.

At the moment, there is only 1 feature I miss from WMC which has not really been mentioned in the suggestions forum (as far as I know):
Recording TV series, i.e. tell the server to record everything called "XYZ", with options like "only on channel ZYX, only HD/SD, no reruns, ... - with no fixed time or date.

Setting a timer for single recordings is a good feature, but not the optimum for series. E.g. from one day to another, the TV station decides to change the start time from 08:10 to 08:25, so you have to manually modify your timer settings.

MePo Server already supports the series recording feature, but, at the moment, you have to configure the recording options with MePo client (or web interface, smartphone app etc, have not fully tested it yet).
Via XBMC recordings window, it would be the most comfortable way, of course.

When I open XBMC recordings now, it shows the entries created in MePo, but partly with wrong information (if it doesn't support the setting). So if you save it afterwards via XBMC GUI, the previously correct settings are overwritten.

Please let me know if you need any additional infos.

Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording TV series by name, not with timer (MediaPortal PVR plugin)1