HTPC Newbie
Hey,

I read that with a trick it is possible for german users to have Netflix. Because there is no specific Netflix Box (and german PS3 or Xbox 360 doesnt support it) and I dont want to have to always connect my laptop, I want to build a cheap HTPC.

First I thought of a Android Box using, Netflix App. But every box or stick I saw had some issues with Netflix (in 1080) or with XBMC. Therefore I want to build my own HTPC, but I dont know what to use.

I want to spend as less money as possible.

MUST HAVE:
-Play Netflix in 1080p
-Play movies (.avi, .mkv, .mp4) in up to 1080p
-WLAN

NICE TO HAVE:
-Ethernet
-Bluetooth
-Be Silent
-Play Youtube
-Ability to Browse the Internet
-Play Videos from other Internetsites like retrowaretv
-Play Emulators (NES, SNES, Master System, Genesis)
-Play newer Emulators (Mega CD, Saturn, N64, PSX) but not costing more money do have the power neccesary
-Play Dreamcast Emulator but not costing more money do have the power neccesary
-USB (3.0 it not to expensive) for using an external hard drive or USB-Stick

For the Android Box I thougt of Using the Mele F10 as a Remote. Which remotes for which operating systems would you suggest?

I dont really care if it runs on Android, Windows or any other system since it has the most abilities by having the best price.

Since it should be mostly my box to play movies and use Netflix I dont want to spend so much money on it.

I hope you can help me to put my box together
Browse the Internet = Full OS
Netflix = Windows

You could probably get away with getting a Celeron NUC (search for it on Amazon). $165. Add a 60-120 GB mSata SSD. $60-90. 4 GB Ram - $35

Or... what I would do... is build an ITX Celeron G1610 based system.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166627

I would adjust that build and get at least a 60 GB SSD. The case suggested is a really nice case, but if you are on a budget that would be the first thing to downgrade.
Thank you for your Answer, I will consider it.

How about this one, is it strong enoug?
http://www.amazon.de/Preis-Hit-Festplatt...words=htpc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC Newbie0