noob PVR with Enigma2 box on rasbmc
Hi there
Im new to this so please bear with me.

Ok. I have a satelite recevr (enigma2 with the latest VIX image) in my Living room and I have the sky package (sports etc) which works fine.

Ive just got my Pi and installed the latest version of (i think) and installed the MPEG2 codec as well.
raspbmc-rls-1.0-hardfp-b20130616-u20130616

Within XBMC I've enabled LiveTV and also enabled the Vu+ PVR client Add on and configured it with the IP address of my Sat Recvr box - I've got the EPG as well and although I can view some channels ok (e.ge sky news HD) I cant seem to view what I would call the scrambled channels like sky sports or Disney HD etc. I just get audio - However, if I was to watch programms recorded from these channels (which are stored on my Sat recvr box) on my XBMC/Pi they seem to workHuh

Can scrambled channels be viewed on LIveTV? is this possible?

Also, is Vu+ the best client to work with my Satelive recvr box?

thanks

SS
your going to need to post a log before anyone can help
answer to question 1, yes xbmc will display images/sound from a paytv subscribed stream if your stb can watch/record it.

as far as xbmc is concerned, i think it just sees the raw *.ts(be it mpg2 or mpg4). if your card(cam module) can decode the encryption that is.
Dam0
thanks fr the reply.
yes after getting mpeg2 licence i can view the scrambled channels.
how you finding it? ik thinking of getting a similar setup. does it lose sync? hows the hd playback?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
noob PVR with Enigma2 box on rasbmc0