Source folders not visible in Video view?
Hi all,

(Mac Mini, Mountain Lion, 12.2)

I'm confident that I'm missing something very basic here but after 3 hours of fiddling and googling, I figure it's time to reach out...

Previously, I added all my movies and TV shows to XBMC and they all scraped fine.

I also added concerts and home movies, but didn't scrape them as the results were unpredictable. So far so good.

Today I went to add another folder of TV shows on another drive. Naturally, I just want to merge the new folder with the old TV Show folder.

This is when I realise that I can't 'get at' the original source folders! Whilst my Home Movies and concerts (unscraped) are visible in the video>files view, the folders which contained my TV Shows and Movies are not.

Note that everything is showing up fine in the libraries (Movies, TV Shows)

I can add a new source which scrapes fine and adds to the library correctly, but I'm frustrated because I should be able to see the original folders and merge this new one into it, shouldn't I?

Where have those old folders gone? Have I turned them off...made them invisible?

Any help appreciated.

cheers
Stew
Have you tried re-adding the original source location? Maybe the source location got removed after you had previously added its contents to the library?
Thanks for the response.

To clarify, I added each TV source folder and each movies source folder alphabetically, so TV-A, TV-B, TV-C etc

So it would mean that the source of 60 odd folders has disappeared?

If I re-add everything, will XBMC be smart enough to know that they already 'exist' in the library or will I end up with 2 copies of everything?
I don't know why they disappeared, but you should just be able to add the new source, and that will be added to the library.

There's two ways XBMC sees file locations

1. sources.xml, this normally where things are added and this also defines the files view.

2. The video database, once a source from sources.xml has "content set", that location is then also stored in the video DB. You can update/scan for new videos for those file paths, even if you lose sources.xml.

So for some reason, they've disappeared from sources.xml, but still exist in the video DB. Thankfully, it probably won't really be an issue, because XBMC will still update those file locations for the video DB, and you can add new file locations and those will also be scanned and added to the video DB.

If the sources appear the same to XBMC (they're case sensitive, etc) then XBMC should be smart enough to see what has already been added to the library, should you need to recreate the file locations for sources.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Source folders not visible in Video view?0