DVD scraping issue
I am trying to scrape info for DVD dumps of several TV series. I have used the instructions from the wiki page section 4.3.1 here to create an advancedsettings file and add the text shown for this example:

Code:
<tvshowmatching action="append">
     <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)?[\\/]video_ts\.ifo)$</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

My actual file is like this:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <tvshowmatching action="append">
        <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)?[\\/]video_ts\.ifo)$</regexp>
    </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

Is this correct?

My folder layout is as follows:

Code:
TV Shows                          <<Source folder, Content: nothing>>
   |    
    Drama                         <<Source folder, Content: TV shows, Scraper: TVDB>>
       |----TV Show 1
       |       |----Season 1
       |            |--Files
       |----TV Show 2
       |       |--Files
       |----GBH                  
       |       |----GBH.s01e01e02
       |             |--VIDEO_TS
       |                  |--VIDEO_TS.IFO
       |       |----GBH.s01e03e04
   | Sci fi                       <<Source folder, Content: TV shows, Scraper: TVDB>>
       |----TV Show 3
       |       |----Season 1
       |            |--Files
       |----TV Show 4
       |       |--Files
       |----UFO                  
       |       |----UFO.s01e01e02e03e04
       |       |----UFO.s01e05e06e07e08

This works for TV Show 1, TV Show 2 etc but not for my DVD folders. I've also tried setting a scraper (TV shows) on the UFO and GBH folders but no luck.

The log shows the modified pattern match for VIDEO_TS.IFO in advancedsettings being successfully loaded. But I still get no TV info against the VIDEO_TS.IFO file. The metadata is there for the folder (GBH, UFO). Any suggestions please? Have I missed something on the instructions on the page I linked to above?
[LATER]

Ah okay, maybe my expectations are wrong.

I have mainly been using Files view so far and was expecting an episode image to appear next to VIDEO_TS.IFO for the corresponding episode as it normally does for single episode avi, mkv files etc. This is not happening for VIDEO_TS.IFO (I have checked and episode images are available in tvdb for these shows).

However if I select Episode Information from the context menu against this file it does bring up the info for the first episode in the folder name e.g. for s01e01e02e03 it brings up info for episode 1. Is this correct functionality i.e. no info for the other episodes and no episode image?

The episodes ARE listed in library view and selecting them takes me to the correct DVD image but of course it only shows info for the first episode on the DVD. Is this just a limitation of how it works for DVDs containing multiple episodes?
I think this is just how multi-episode files work in general.

If you had a single-episode file called S01E01.mkv, what you would see in File View would be a single entry for that file item, but XBMC will in a sense "overlay" the information from the library item associated with it on top of the listing.
In Library View, you just see the library item listed directly, with the file item being played when you select it.

With a multi-episode file, S01E01E02.mkv, you have two library items, but still only one file item, so in File View XBMC still displays one entry but must pick just one of the library items to "overlay".
In Library View, again, you see both library items listed directly, but both playing the same file item.

When you start playing a video, though, you're essentially going into a type of File View (the literal type), and so the info displayed follows that of the actual File View - i.e. it displays only one of the library items associated with the file item playing.

Obviously the behaviour might get slightly warped by dealing with DVD folder structures rather than single files, but it would still essentially be the same (and probably exactly as you describe).

It is possible (for single files) to set episode bookmarks (via the OSD while the video is playing) so that each library item will start playing the file item from different starting points, however I don't know how well that works with DVDs (where you may have episodes on separate titles), or even whether it affects the info displayed when the video is playing (it would be pretty cool if it did).
Thanks for this explanation, it makes sense.

The only thing I'm still unclear about given your explanation is why I don't get the episode image (for the first episode) against the the VIDEO_TS.IFO file in file view? It has overlaid the file with the library info, why not also the image?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD scraping issue0