[REQ] Adding a global video audio sync preset option
I'm using xbmc with HDMI for the video output and spdif or analog audio output. Because my Samsung television needs some time to process the image the video always is a bit out of sync (175 ~200 ms). Because of this I need to correct the audio sync for every single video I watch. I've mapped the audio sync dialog to a button on my remote so it's not a whole lot of trouble to adjust the sync. On the other hand... Since I've got to do this for every video file it would be great to have an option to set a default compensation level. This must be something a lot of people encounter.
The most elegant solution would be to incorporate this in the Video or System section of the xbmc configuration. But maybe this can also be done via advancedsettings.xml? Or would it be possible to write an addon to add this kind of functionality? I could write an addon myself (if at all possibl) but I don't have enough experience with c++ to be able to add this functionality to the xbmc core.

Anyone else interested in this?

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
you can set audio delay per each refresh rate in advancedsettings.
Awsome, thanks. It's working perfectly.

I do think it's an option that would be useful to people who don't know how to edit an xml file. People for whom using ssh is to complicated, like my grandfather for instance. A lot of people will encounter this problem since audio from flat-screen tv in most cases is terrible.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQ] Adding a global video audio sync preset option0