OS X Movie library doesn't find metadata?
Hi, I'm setting up a new computer with XBMC for the first time and it's a different configuration than I'm used to. Previously I was using a macbook with serviio to stream movies to a raspberry pi running XBMC. Metadata was not a problem because serviio did all the work, and XBMC just picked it up automatically. It had all of the movies listed by letter, and I could even search by directors or actors if I wanted to. As far as I know, Serviio uses themoviedatabase.org for its metadata.

Now I'm using a Dell XPS 720 running OS X 10.8.3, and I plan on using it both for streaming to other devices, as a file server, and for XBMC. So now XBMC is looking at files directly off of the hard drive, and all it gives me is basically how it exists on my hard drive. Some of the movies are inside folders and they're just named the same thing they're named in the file system rather than finding the correct titles on tmdb.

Is it possible to get XBMC to list my movie library like it did before instead of like a filesystem?

EDIT: Also, I tried to stream from Serviio to XBMC on the same computer, but XBMC only found 3 movies that way. No idea why.
Sounds like you haven't ran a library scan yet: Adding videos to the library (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie library doesn't find metadata?0