Can't find any mounted devices (no additional usb either) in /mnt/
Hi all, I'm a new user of xbmc, installed using Raspbmc installer from an 8GB SD card to a 15GB Kingston pendrive.

Everything works fine so far (ok not everything, the twitchtv plugin which StateOfTheArt89 is still taking care of, but this isn't the point here).

I'll explain first what do I have now:

My Raspberry still have an SD card plugged in with the Raspbmc installer inside.
A Kingston 16GB pendrive which has XBMC installed (where it boots) plugged in the 1st USB port.
The 2nd usb port has an usb hub where I connect my keyboard, mouse and an 8GB Kingston pendrive (where my movies are stored).

Also the hub has an electrical output in case I plug a portable hard drive (which I can't make it work and peeps, it's an 0.5 TB Verbatim).

XBMC never ever detected my 8GB additional pendrive plugged in the hub, although its green led blinks like if the xbmc were detecting it but it doesn't.

I've checked the system info and the storage shows the same two drives: the 16GB Kingston, and the SD 8GB card, but not the additional pendrive plugged in the usb hub. Also I navigated through /mnt/ and I've found nothing. I've waited 30 minutes and still doesn't show anything. I've tried shutting down my Raspberry Pi, connecting the pendrive and then turning it on, but I've got the same response.

Sorry for my english in case I couldn't explain myself properly. I'll appreciate your help. Smile

P.s.: Underlined words mean the pendrive I'm trying to access in XBMC.
From what you say, you haven't tried access to the Pi (using ssh/Putty) from a 'remote' system - is this possible, as that would give access to a lot more information about what is happening/has happened.

It's possible that your hub may be a problem - what type is it? have you tried swapping ports?
Have you tried the various drives in other equipment?
Have you tried using the hub in other equipment?
Derek
(2013-07-01, 08:39)dandnsmith Wrote: From what you say, you haven't tried access to the Pi (using ssh/Putty) from a 'remote' system - is this possible, as that would give access to a lot more information about what is happening/has happened.

It's possible that your hub may be a problem - what type is it? have you tried swapping ports?
Have you tried the various drives in other equipment?
Have you tried using the hub in other equipment?

Ok, problem solved:

Strange, because the hud for the first time didn't work at all, first time used in the raspberry I could use mouse and keyboard, so I thought it was going to work with pendrives but it didn't.

Then I tried with a desktop computer and plugged only my pendrive in different usb ports, the first time didn't detect, the second detected a "removable disk" but unable to access or anything, and by the third time it worked.

So after that, I gave a second chance to make it work on my raspberry pi, by plugging the hub with pendrive, mouse and keyboard already inserted, then quickly the power usb for raspberry and the power for my hub before it starts to boot.

That's all I did to make it work. Thanks man, I couldn't stop thinking about watch Amadeus in an old TV until you showed up. xD
Glad you found the solution - even if it isn't obvious what the real problem was.
Derek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't find any mounted devices (no additional usb either) in /mnt/0