XBMC as dlna server, file sharing!
Hi everybody!
I've started to use XBMC on my iMac as dlna server for my Panasonic TV. It's absolutely the most powerful server I've tried, especially looking at the performances in playing movies.
There's only one problem:
what I see on TV is what has been correctly added to the library, and to add something to the library I have to rename folders in english (ok, not a big problem) but I can't add movies that are not contained in the "super database", for example some Italian toons and especially my movies about family, holydays, ecc....
Is it possible to share a folder "as it is" with all it's contents, named just with file names?

Thanks in advance!

Ale
In XBMC v12, plain file sources should also be sharable via UPnP/DLNA. It should show up as "Files" along side "titles, years, directors" etc.
(2013-07-02, 05:43)Ned Scott Wrote: In XBMC v12, plain file sources should also be sharable via UPnP/DLNA. It should show up as "Files" along side "titles, years, directors" etc.
Ned unlike AlexM74 i have a Philips TV. Correct if I'm wrong but the TV must be capable of decoding the files?Correct?
Currently it needs to be able to both decode the codec used, as well as understand the file format (some TVs don't like MKVs, for example).
(2013-07-02, 05:43)Ned Scott Wrote: In XBMC v12, plain file sources should also be sharable via UPnP/DLNA. It should show up as "Files" along side "titles, years, directors" etc.

Great! I've updated from 11 to 12 and it works!
Thanks!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC as dlna server, file sharing!0