Odd artwork issue in Quartz
Help me understand this issue:

In Transparency and also Confluence, PM3, both movie A and B has disc cover art shown (local tbn file, in respective movie folders. Same structure, nothing odd).

In Quartz, disc cover art is shown for movie A, but not for movie B, when I switch skins.

Several movies has disc cover artwork show properly but most don't.

My setup: Frodo, using Synology NAS/MySQL. Recently upgraded from Eden to Frodo (had no issue during Eden, now I do with Frodo).

Any ideas? Trying to under this issue better so I can perhaps write script or do something so I don't have to rescan entire library.
This has been discussed to some greater extent some months ago - Frodo handles thumbnails differently thus Eden thumbnails gets updated on XBMC upgrade. For whatever reason this does not get done for all library items. If you install Frodo with Quartz on a clean htpc you will see thumbnails will show up properly.

All in all, you will need to rescan your library.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Has the cause ever been identified though out of curiosity?

I'm only trying to understand the issue better, and perhaps attempt to solve this in my own way. I'm a software developer, so I might opt to write a smallish script to fix it rather than rescan entire library (big library).
(2013-07-02, 16:24)darthdiablo Wrote: Has the cause ever been identified though out of curiosity?

I'm only trying to understand the issue better, and perhaps attempt to solve this in my own way. I'm a software developer, so I might opt to write a smallish script to fix it rather than rescan entire library (big library).

Quartz is using ListItem.Icon = gimme thumbnail, if not present show default icon for that item.

Others are using ListItem.Art(thumb) = (gimme thumbnail), with extra fallback defined in a skin as ListItem.Icon that is used if former is empty.

Now, for whatever reason the later code gives better results on upgraded thumb cache, while code that is used in Quartz works perfectly for Eden or Frodo_start_from_scratch thumb cache.

And finally found previous discussion...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159280
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-07-02, 16:36)pecinko Wrote:
(2013-07-02, 16:24)darthdiablo Wrote: Has the cause ever been identified though out of curiosity?

Quartz is using ListItem.Icon = gimme thumbnail, if not present show default icon for that item.

Others are using ListItem.Art(thumb) = (gimme thumbnail), with extra fallback defined in a skin as ListItem.Icon that is used if former is empty.

Now, for whatever reason the later code gives better results on upgraded thumb cache, while code that is used in Quartz works perfectly for Eden or Frodo_start_from_scratch thumb cache.

And finally found previous discussion...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159280

Thanks! This is probably an exercise in futility (me trying to write a script to update stuff on backend somewhere), but at least I want to give it a try Wink If all fails, I'll go ahead and rescan entire library as you mention. I gotta keep using the Quartz skin! :-D
Thanks for the support, I realize that changing the skin looks very tempting at this moment :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Odd artwork issue in Quartz0