• 1(current)
OUYA users: read this!
Information 
See: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=OUYA

Eventually, that page should evolve into a very nice OUYA-specific section with nice how-to pages, tips, and more. I will try to keep this updated, and others are invited to help as well, with various OUYA-specific information. Consider it the central location to collect all this info.

If you are unsure about editing the wiki yourself, feel free to leave a comment in this thread if you think something should be added/changed/etc.
Thanks Ned
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
Nice thanks Smile
Super! Very nice. Thx!
Intel NUC BOXD34010WYK2 / Intel mSata 525 30GB / Kingston 8 GB / Intel 7260hmw
I hope we all make that a valuable resource and it grows. OUYA is an amazing platform for media, we should help make the best of it.
Anybody already tried Alpha5 (available since today)?
(2013-07-03, 12:54)speedway Wrote: Anybody already tried Alpha5 (available since today)?

Just tried it. Best to stay away. Still problems with streaming...
Please note on wiki, known issue with ouya controller calibration causing random crashes.
So I was going to try and add an install tutorial and some other things about skins and add-ons that work on the Ouya XBMC, but I don't have a login yet. Here it is: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s21/sh/b1...59c7dce124

And yes the screenshots are not the greatest, was hoping someone would have better or when I get a screenshot app on the thing I'll use it.

Hope some of it will be of use in the wiki. I know it would have saved me from reading 10 different tutorials...
(2013-07-07, 06:16)Hakarune Wrote: So I was going to try and add an install tutorial and some other things about skins and add-ons that work on the Ouya XBMC, but I don't have a login yet. Here it is: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s21/sh/b1...59c7dce124

And yes the screenshots are not the greatest, was hoping someone would have better or when I get a screenshot app on the thing I'll use it.

Hope some of it will be of use in the wiki. I know it would have saved me from reading 10 different tutorials...

You should now have an account. Very awesome work, and thank you for doing this! I've even prepped a page for you:

HOW-TO:Install XBMC on OUYA (wiki)

If you need any help at all, big or small, don't hesitate to ask.
I've also made a basic wiki-fied version of your how-to, to help get you started. Feel free to change anything you want on it. You can see a list of helpful formatting templates on Category:Formatting templates (wiki) (I need to make an easy cheat sheet for all of that..).

Like I said, if you (or anyone else) needs any help, don't hesitate to ask me.
(2013-07-07, 13:23)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-07-07, 06:16)Hakarune Wrote: So I was going to try and add an install tutorial and some other things about skins and add-ons that work on the Ouya XBMC, but I don't have a login yet. Here it is: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s21/sh/b1...59c7dce124

You should now have an account. Very awesome work, and thank you for doing this! I've even prepped a page for you:

HOW-TO:Install XBMC on OUYA (wiki)

If you need any help at all, big or small, don't hesitate to ask.

Wow, thanks, you did all the work; saves me a lot of time lol. Oh, I'm going to work out a way for the keymap section; I'm thinking an image of an Ouya controller and what they do or a button = keyboard guide (or whatever you think would be best).
That would be awesome.
(2013-07-07, 15:27)Ned Scott Wrote: That would be awesome.

Finished, included text + notes and created a keymap image; didn't remove your editor note without asking you first.
(2013-07-09, 07:26)Hakarune Wrote:
(2013-07-07, 15:27)Ned Scott Wrote: That would be awesome.

Finished, included text + notes and created a keymap image; didn't remove your editor note without asking you first.

Looks great!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OUYA users: read this!2