EPG Presentation (TV and Radio)..
Note sure which part of the chain these are relevant to so I'd thought I'd ask both here before moving to the correct place...

I've been using XBMC-PVR on Eden for a while now and finally got round to upgrading to Frodo (a painless upgrade actually - only thing that broke was the lack of a PVR Backend Cool ). Anyway since jettisoning my PVR two things have been irritating the hell out of me with XBMC which I hope can be resolved (it would be really annoying for a PC based system to be less flexible than my PVRs after all!)

1) Is it possible to get TV and Radio services presented in the same list / work in the same way?

e.g. on my PVR if I'm watching BBC ONE and want to listen to Kerrang! Radio I simply key "717" and it goes to Kerrang!, if I press "Ch -" it then goes to Heat Radio. Pressing 1 takes me back to BBC ONE. On XBMC I can't access any radio stations without going through the menus, or even get back to TV without doing the same.

On XBMC both TV and Radio stations are treated totally differently. This also means they aren't presented in the channel list.

Should it not be possible to merge them does anyone know how to map a menu item to the radio epg view (which randomly appears when pressing guide, nearly 100% when listening to radio and occasionally afterwards.)

2) Is it possible to get TV channels with no EPG data (e.g. gotv Österreich) to appear when I press "guide"?
(Note in the above the last item for Xfm and Real Radio ends at 13:00 - appears to list the channels provided one event exists on the day).

* The "Guide" button shows the EPG in Timeline mode.

Are these things than can be fixed in a Skin (I now have my own customised one), or do they need some changes to XBMC / hts.pvr / TV Headend or is there a configuration setting I've overlooked?
You need to load epg data in backend. I think not only radio but internet streams should be merged with pvr module.
i know this is an old thread but may i ask what EPG is this?

im looking for an EPG for radio only, something like Ivue that i can customize

Regards
I think that is the TV Headend EPG being displayed in Kodi. The radio stations displayed are on the DVB-T (OTA Digital TV) and DVB-S (Satellite Digital TV) platforms and have full EPG data broadcast in the same way that TV services on the platform do.
@Rasscal

Noggin pretty much got it spot on - all these radio services are from DVB-T (Freeview) or DVB-S (Sky / Freesat) - I have Kodi setup to connect to my TVHeadend backend which in turn has access to three DVB-T/2 tuners and three DVB-S/2 tuners. For all the channels which are on Freeview (with the exception of BBC Radio Nottingham) and Freesat the broadcasters transmit a full seven day EPG which TVHeadend passed onto Kodi.

For the channels which are only on Sky I have no EPG (above Now and Next) - although until my subscription lapsed I was generating XMLTV files from DigiGuide which I was able to populate TVHeadend with.

For BBC Radio Nottingham I have a script which parses the BBC JSON (IIRC) feeds and creates and XML TV file which I load into TVHeadend and have the OTA EPG disabled (This is BBC Radio Nottingham isn't very useful!).

In addition one of the parts of the original question has been solved - channel up and down now work in Kodi - alas direct channel changing no longer works.

Also, on the latest version of TVHeadend you can add internet streams so they would appear the same (although you'll need to mess about with XML TV feeds) - however I haven't got this working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG Presentation (TV and Radio)..0