• 46(current)
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents
Ok, so i tried configuring a reverse proxy and on watch in browser nothing happens and in play from playlist it says unable to open url or file cant connect to the server

Edit: When configuring your reverse proxy make sure you change the host name to the Internal IP or localhost..I had it as my external IP address

It works perfectly now and I no longer have to login into xbmc every time i stream video
I already run a lighttpd server. Anyway to get this working or will I need to switch to apache? I'm assuming the .htaccess is for the rewrite rules?
(2014-11-24, 17:50)GoodOmens Wrote: I already run a lighttpd server. Anyway to get this working or will I need to switch to apache? I'm assuming the .htaccess is for the rewrite rules?

Yes, the .htaccess files are there mainly for rewriting. You can disable "fancy URLs" from the configuration file (protected/config/main.php), that way you can get rid of all the rewrite rules if you want to. See https://github.com/Jalle19/xbmc-video-se...n.php#L111.
@willburstyle06: I'm sorry I never got back to you regarding your configuration issues. I see you've updated your post and it looks like it's working, glad you managed to sort it out. It is indeed easiest to use the local IP address when configuring the backend if you use a reverse proxy, that way you don't have to bother with making sure your DNS names are pointed correctly etc. Some routers also don't support accessing an internal computer using the external IP address, even though the port is forwarded correctly (usually referred to as "hairpin NAT").
CHANGELOG.md Wrote:#### 1.6.11
* updated German translation (thanks to @Victor61)
* added screen width override for 1366px wide screens
* made the "Play in XBMC" button a link below the "Download" links instead
* made the "Watch in browser" button the same color as the old "Play in XBMC" button
* don't show the "Watch as playlist" button for files that cannot be streamed (raw DVDs and Blurays)
Does this work in the latest KODI Release?
Yes.
can be deleted ...
any chance adding features like remembering what was watched and resume watching ?
@publisacman things you have watched from Kodi itself will be marked as watched in the web interface. I haven't yet added functionality to mark things as watched when they're streamed/downloaded through the web interface though, is that what you're referring to? Unfortunately it's not possible to resume playback from a certain position, that is something the player has to handle. I think the newest alpha/beta of VLC supports it.
This is really great, i love the design! Any chance you can build a version that can be used on a webserver (internet) without connection to XBMC/Kodi - just to be able to show/look into the movies/tv-shows?
Maybe export xmbc/kodi database to mysql or something else?
I followed installation instructions but when i enter http://ip-address/xbmc-video-server/ i get file listing and no UI. am i missing some main page?
thanks a lot
@testerms which operating system did you install it on? Sounds like you're missing the rewrite Apache module.
(2015-02-12, 20:55)saeros Wrote: This is really great, i love the design! Any chance you can build a version that can be used on a webserver (internet) without connection to XBMC/Kodi - just to be able to show/look into the movies/tv-shows?
Maybe export xmbc/kodi database to mysql or something else?

That's out of the scope of this project, if you just want to browse your library there are other more capable solutions for that.
(2015-02-19, 19:27)negge Wrote: @testerms which operating system did you install it on? Sounds like you're missing the rewrite Apache module.

@negge, Thanks for your suggestion, i was able to login now, i can see my movies - but when i choose "play" it gives me only option of download - can i stream content into browser?
can you please help
thanks in advance
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents9