XBMC Video Server: stream/download your library contents

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
negge Offline
Team-Kodi Member
You need to increase the maximum memory limit for PHP. Find a file named php.ini (it's somewhere in your XAMPP directory) and search for "memory_limit". Increase that value to something larger like 512 MB or 1024 MB, then restart Apache.
find quote
negge Offline
Team-Kodi Member
@peu7510 if you have a Github account it'd be great if you could report at https://github.com/Jalle19/xbmc-video-server/issues/231 what memory limit you ended up using once you get it to work.
find quote
peu7510 Offline
Negge, many many thanks, the server is working perfect and streams in internal and external network!!!!!!!!!

One last thing, my server have a 2000 Movies, and when i log in to the index page and display in gried view or list view, the page when display it takes many minutes to load the page. is possible configure php.ini or other file to load the index page or the rest in less minutes or it depends of version of php because is in 32 bits and is best to load the page in php in 64 bits?

if can not be, thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!
find quote
negge Offline
Team-Kodi Member
It takes time to load things when the library is big. If you enable "Cache API call results" in the settings you should see a nice speedup though.

What memory limit did you use?
find quote
peu7510 Offline
I used 1024 MB

My server have 8GB RAM
(This post was last modified: 2015-07-22 08:04 by peu7510.)
find quote
negge Offline
Team-Kodi Member
CHANGELOG.md Wrote:#### 1.6.15
* increased memory limit and execution time to avoid timeouts on large libraries combined with slow devices
* updated README screenshots
* hopefully fixed incompatibility with Kodi Isengard backends running on Windows
* honor the request timeout for image retrievals as well
find quote
peu7510 Offline
Good morning negge, i am charmed for your server is the best, most thanks for do these server pages!!!!!!!!!!

i would like to help in add improvements, but one question, the recent changelog, yesterday i view the new version of kodi 15 "Isengard", your server is compatible with the new Kodi. I read in the changelog of yesterday repair an incompatibility the backends in kodi isengard, but the rest works well, the play the movies in my internal and external network?

Another i like to help is add in your pages the Spanish Language in all video server, but i don't know who files need to modify and add the spanish language, can you tell me who files look?

And last suggestion, you havent thought change the name of "/xbmc-video-server/" to "/kodi-video-server/". For me it's logical because the new name is kodi and the older is not good have keep the older name

If you need help to change these things or add you have my colaboration, althought i was not good programming, i have plenty of help wanted!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And repeat i am charmed for your work is the best server for kodi i used and you have my help to improve your program!!!!!!!!!!
find quote
negge Offline
Team-Kodi Member
I'm glad you like it!

peu7510 Wrote:i would like to help in add improvements, but one question, the recent changelog, yesterday i view the new version of kodi 15 "Isengard", your server is compatible with the new Kodi. I read in the changelog of yesterday repair an incompatibility the backends in kodi isengard, but the rest works well, the play the movies in my internal and external network?

I was experiencing a strange issue when running XBMC Video Server on Linux while connected to a Kodi backend running on Windows. It seems not that many have had the same issue but either way it should be fixed now. I doubt you're affected, you would have noticed otherwise.

peu7510 Wrote:Another i like to help is add in your pages the Spanish Language in all video server, but i don't know who files need to modify and add the spanish language, can you tell me who files look?

See here for instructions on how to add a new language: https://github.com/Jalle19/xbmc-video-se...anslations

peu7510 Wrote:And last suggestion, you havent thought change the name of "/xbmc-video-server/" to "/kodi-video-server/". For me it's logical because the new name is kodi and the older is not good have keep the older name

I have thought about it but so far I haven't bothered changing the name. If you want to you can rename the "xbmc-video-server" directory yourself, then go to the application settings and change the title too.
find quote