little help to get me up to date
lo,

spent the afternoon updating a 6 month old script i made to play web streams coz the pages now require an identification so i had to take steps to get that web authentication out of the way..

cachedhttp does the trick beautifully but then launching the streams makes xbmc crash almost 9/10 times

actually i only managed to see a stream play only once, so my script is still working i guess..

i updated my xbmc to the latest t3ch release from december and i wanted to know if there were some serious changes with the way xbmc handles streams launched from python script and so on..

Quote: print('playing: '+url)
try:
self.player.play(url)
except:
print('media url error !')
printlasterror()

in cas you wonder self.player is set as follows :

self.player = xbmc.player()

after noticing those crashes i wrapped the play() command inside a try: but it keeps crashing so i guess the problem occurs at a higer level than the python script itself..

i'm not sure where i can get some debug info from xbmc itself..
in order to see what was actually going on when the stream starts, i traced the packets being transmitted to/from the xbox host on my router and i can actually see a few (15) packets being sent from the streaming server to the xbox and then it stops as soon as xbmc crashes..

any ideas what could go wrong ?

thx for updating me if i missed something important, it'll save me some time reading not so relevant stuff here and there..

.dvbm

be careful you have found the address of the real stream. often times you can open a stream's url in notepad and see it is just a redirect to a wmv or something. keep following the links until you get to the real one.
don't think it's an url problem, although i've never actually looked into that...

i've turned on debug and made a test

the first stream loads after a few seconds, then i've stopped it and tried another one that makes xbmc "crash"

here : http://sgteam.lilleforum.com/uploads/xbmc.log.zip

so basicaly it crashes after waiting for a few seconds for the stream buffer to get data and gets none..

don't know if it's a known bug, maybe i should report that in xbmc dev forum ?

anyways i don't think it has anything to do with my script and i can't really tell if it's python related or not..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
little help to get me up to date0