Correctly named TV Shows won't appear under "TV Shows"
Sad 
OSX Version: 10.7.5
Platform: MacBook Pro
Install Method: dmg
SVN Revision: 12.2 Git:20130502-32b1a5e

So I just got XBMC today and started to transfer my files oves. I did this successfully with all my movies, but I can't figure it out for my TV Shows. Only one TV show works where both seasons transferred without problem. I think my shows are named correctly.
Here's an example of a show that doesn't work.
http://imgur.com/TToaCkN

Example of the working show:
http://imgur.com/EVzW1sP

I used the same method that I used for my Movies. I went to files and created a new source browsed it and then set the content with TVDB. All individual episode files appear in "Files", but not under "TV Shows" except for one show.

It does scan all my shows as well, but produces no results. I've tried redoing it and updating the library.

Thanks in advance, as soon as someone explains to me in detail how to obtain my Full Debug Log I'll update it. I use the Aeon Nox skin.

Full Debug Log: I couldn't figure out how to do this even after reading the instructions Sad
Compare the differences in your file names for the show episodes that don't scrape correctly (Les Vampires) and the ones that do (Fawlty Towers). Note that you only have the episode number (E01) in the file names of the former show; whereas, you have both the season and episode numbers (S01E01) in the file names of the latter show.
The XBMC wiki Wrote:XBMC requires each TV show to be in its own folder, and for each file to contain a pattern from which XBMC can determine the season and episode number (e.g. "S01E01").

More information and examples are in the wiki page at Video_library/Naming_files/TV_shows (wiki)
I'm having exactly the same problem running Frodo 2.2 on both Lion and Mountain Lion, I've also tried installing the most recent nightly build from the 7th July but with no luck. I've tried a complete re-install, deleting my user folder in application support but to no avail. All of my media conforms to the required naming convention as I have just moved from Plex and everything was and still does index.

I've spent a good while now trying many different configurations and skins but nothing appears to work. Is there a way to output a log file for someone to examine?

Cheers
Welcome to the XBMC forums, TidySi.

Please start your own thread and provide examples with the exact folder and file names of your TV series and episodes that aren't being added to your library. Please provide a debug log (wiki) that shows you scanning your library to attempt to add these shows.

These types of problems, while outwardly appearing to be identical, usually boil down to naming issues that are specific to the particular user scenario. In other words, your problem is not exactly the same as the OP's unless you used the same folder/file names for the same shows as the OP. It's too confusing (for the OP as well as for those offering assistance) when a thread is hijacked and people aren't sure which user's problem is being addressed by any of the replies. Thanks.
(2013-07-08, 22:55)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forums, TidySi.

Please start your own thread and provide examples with the exact folder and file names of your TV series and episodes that aren't being added to your library. Please provide a debug log (wiki) that shows you scanning your library to attempt to add these shows.

These types of problems, while outwardly appearing to be identical, usually boil down to naming issues that are specific to the particular user scenario. In other words, your problem is not exactly the same as the OP's unless you used the same folder/file names for the same shows as the OP. It's too confusing (for the OP as well as for those offering assistance) when a thread is hijacked and people aren't sure which user's problem is being addressed by any of the replies. Thanks.

Thanks for the prompt response, I shall create a new thread tomorrow with the details required.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Correctly named TV Shows won't appear under "TV Shows"0