WIP Alaska HD (WIP)
The effect is because there's no background image loaded and that error is from Xperience+ not Alaska HD though.
(2013-07-07, 10:36)Hitcher Wrote: The effect is because there's no background image loaded and that error is from Xperience+ not Alaska HD though.

<backgroundcolor>0</backgroundcolor>

Is misbehaving on some platforms and does not work nicely with all animations. (I still think it should not be used)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Either way the background image isn't being loaded for some reason.

I'm using -
Code:
$INFO[Skin.CurrentTheme,special://skin/backgrounds/,/background.png]

Which should become -
Code:
special://skin/backgrounds/SKINDEFAULT/background.png
(2013-07-07, 10:36)Hitcher Wrote: The effect is because there's no background image loaded and that error is from Xperience+ not Alaska HD though.

i know that Big Grin but i use alaska hd !! why is xbmc looking for xperience`s background ?
Skin.CurrentTheme seems to be incorrect sometimes... just select a theme in alaska hd to reset it.

@pecinko
It's only misbehaving if there isn't an opaque fullscreen background all the time. If you can't make sure that there is, you shouldn't use that option but if you can, it can be faster with it.
(2013-07-06, 00:45)liquidskin76 Wrote: Plan is to finally crack on with Welo and get something released, then complete Alaska.

Goooood. Goooooooood.
(2013-07-07, 22:32)`Black Wrote: It's only misbehaving if there isn't an opaque fullscreen background all the time. If you can't make sure that there is, you shouldn't use that option but if you can, it can be faster with it.

I was using it way back in first version of Quartz, however real-world testing shown marginal speed gains and problems on some platforms and in some scenarios. Sure, it probably was because of bad video drivers or due to some platforms being in development but that's the way things are most of the time. As soon as the code makes it to Confluence, I'll reconsider (provided speed gains are measurable) adding it back.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-07-06, 00:45)liquidskin76 Wrote: With the blessing of Hitcher, I've taken on the development of Alaska (cheers Hitcher Wink)

Plan is to finally crack on with Welo and get something released, then complete Alaska. Enjoy Hitcher's attached wip for the time being! Big Grin

Cheers

Most excellent news, Welo 2 will tide me over until Alaska HD is complete Rofl Good luck in taking this one on, I'll be keeping my eyes glued on this thread.

Also, thanks to Hitcher for the work you've completed to date, Alaska Revisited was one of my favourites.
Cant wait to have this running on my xbmc again! Smile)
shoud Alaska be white.... Wink

I've updated the gallery to include useful notes on unique features and design decisions.
Hi ! This skin is awesome !!!!
But I have two questions :
- How I can activate the wall view for music ? (I have only "List" in choice :/ )
- Where the skin is located ? I want too had some little picture Tongue

PS : I've test this skin on the RPi and it run perfectly (quickly between different menu, ...).

Great Job !
does it have live tv?
(2013-07-17, 17:09)AfendaN Wrote: Hi ! This skin is awesome !!!!
But I have two questions :
- How I can activate the wall view for music ? (I have only "List" in choice :/ )
- Where the skin is located ? I want too had some little picture Tongue

PS : I've test this skin on the RPi and it run perfectly (quickly between different menu, ...).

Great Job !
  • Your albums need to be scanned to the library before wall view is available.
  • Your userdata folder.
(2013-07-17, 18:08)hfmls Wrote: does it have live tv?
Never got that far.
hi mate, i am testing this skin but how do i put this... skin is unusable, it gets all crazy and i almost couldn't see what i was doing reverting to other skin Big Grin

is this normal? i downloaded link in first post.
using latest beta/alpha xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alaska HD (WIP)4