Question using iOS XMBC via NFS with Ubuntu 11.10 as media source
Question 
Hello everyone,

I'm posting here as I may have misplaced my original post here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=168507

Current situation:
Running XBMC 12.1 on iOS 4.4.2
Accessing my Ubuntu 11.10 server via SMB - working fine, occasional studder and difficulty with HD streams.

Desired:
Saw many posts regarding "you on SMB? NFS is better".

So trying my hand at that. To keep it brief for now, not reposting everything mentioned, including my debug file, in the prior thread, but will summarize here.
  1. What I'm gathering here is that the native XBMC on iOS works through NFSv3
  2. When I started, I installed NFSv4, figuring it was better.
  3. Should I uninstall NFSv4 from the machine in order to install NFSv3, or doesn't matter?
  4. Do I need to install NFSv3 separately, and if so would it create a conflict with NFSv4?
  5. Or can I somehow upgrade the XBMC on the ATV2 so it will use NFSv4?
Finally once I get that sorted, any help on configuration would be appreciated, although perhaps configuration wasn't the problem given I wasn't aware XBMC was looking for NFSv3.

Thanks for any help, and to those who already posted in my original thread.

Regards,
-ped5
NFSv4 support is not available in XBMC. The other questions are more linux question i can't help you with. If you got the right server running - read the nfs faq in my signature on what is needed for getting it running with XBMC.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks. That's the crux of my problem. Doesn't seem to be an easy way to know which version is running and how I'm setting it up for v3. Everything I find redirects to v4 and posting on Ubuntu forums yields not a single response after posting over 1 week ago.

So sounds like I may be stuck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question using iOS XMBC via NFS with Ubuntu 11.10 as media source0