Errors on SDcard
running dmesg throws up EXT4-fs error (device mmcblk0p2): ext4_find_dest_de:1645: inode #494: block 8486: comm XBPyThread: bad entry in directory: rec_len is smaller than minimal - offset=0(0), inode=0, rec_len=0, name_len=0

Can I stick this in a pc/mac and fix the issue and if so whats the procedure.
I'd recommend you reformat the second partition using MiniTool Partition Wizard or similar. Did you power off the rpi without shutting down the system first? This can cause data corruption.
Not sure tbh, a few times the pi has frozen in the past, so i'm attributing that to the problem. formatting tho will delete all my data tho ?
True that formatting the EXT4 partition may delete some of your data but your OS resides on the FAT32 partition not the EXT4 partition. If there is data you wanted to save then I recommend you do that first. I guess you could use a different SD card and load it up with XBMC and then copy any files to it you wanted to retain. I know I'm new at this forum but I do have experience with this type of electronics and I've been reading the forums and have seen a lot of corrupt SD card issues, primarily when the system isn't shut down properly which is what yours sounds like.

Wish I had a better answer. Good luck.
Actually the OS is on the EXT partition, the FAT partition only contains the files needed to boot. You can run fsck from the command line on a Linux box and it MAY fix the card depending on how bad the corruption is. I have had good luck with it, I have had no success using the Gparted gui.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Errors on SDcard0