How do I delete my database & start over
Hello All,

I have been working with XBMC on a test machine before deploying it to my main media server. Well I finally thought I had i all the kinks worked out, but when I deployed it I ended up with some issues I can't seem to correct. Using Ace skin.

1. On the main screens and when playing movies or looking at photos everything is lined up perfectly, but when accessing the settings menu the menu listings on the left of the screen are partually off the screen.

2. When I added my sources for movies, the system only picks up 505 of my 725 movies, I do have all the sources/drives listed. All these drives are directly connected to the server.

3. The movie data base in XBMC shows multiple duplicates, when there are none on the drives.

4. XBMC listed all my TV shows all the same title and same cover picture, even though there are multiple seasons and different shows.

So how do I correct these issues, which in the case of the TV shows, there are over 500 episodes, so correcting them one at a time isn't a very good option. Or should I delete the current database and start over with some help from experienced users familure with these issues and how to prevent them. How do I delete the currect database so I can start over from scratch?

Thanks for the help.
There is an option under Settings --> Video --> Library that is called "Clean Library" this will delete the contents of your library if that is the path you want to take.

As far as duplicated for movies I have had issues with downloaded content where there is a sample and its not named properly and XBMC adds it as if it is a duplicate.
For the missing movies you need to make sure they are named properly and I would suggest having a structure like this:

-- Share Name -- Movies -- Movie name -- Movie Name.ext

This way XBMC can use the folder name to determine the movie name instead of just the file.

You can select info on the duplicate and it will tell you what file it is using with the full path so you can see what files it things are dup.

Same thing to TV episodes I would suggest:

-- Share Name -- TV -- Series Name -- Season X -- Series Name SXXEXX Episode Name.ext

I have had great results using these formats and XBMC being able to detect them and import into the library.
יונתן בן-חיים
The clean Library option won't delete my movies will it?

(2013-07-07, 21:37)nokdim Wrote: There is an option under Settings --> Video --> Library that is called "Clean Library" this will delete the contents of your library if that is the path you want to take.

As far as duplicated for movies I have had issues with downloaded content where there is a sample and its not named properly and XBMC adds it as if it is a duplicate.
For the missing movies you need to make sure they are named properly and I would suggest having a structure like this:

-- Share Name -- Movies -- Movie name -- Movie Name.ext

This way XBMC can use the folder name to determine the movie name instead of just the file.

You can select info on the duplicate and it will tell you what file it is using with the full path so you can see what files it things are dup.

Same thing to TV episodes I would suggest:

-- Share Name -- TV -- Series Name -- Season X -- Series Name SXXEXX Episode Name.ext

I have had great results using these formats and XBMC being able to detect them and import into the library.
(2013-07-07, 21:55)Highroller54 Wrote: The clean Library option won't delete my movies will it?

No.

If you're not using MySQL, the best way to start from scratch is to remove the following database files and image directory from the Userdata area, then restart XBMC:
Code:
Database\MyVideos75.db
Database\MyMusic32.db
Database\Textures13.db
Thumbnails

If you're using MySQL, you'll need to drop the MyVideos and MyMusic databases using your favourite MySQL administration tool, then also delete Database\Textures13.db file and Thumbnails folder, and restart XBMC.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-07-08, 00:49)MilhouseVH Wrote: No.

If you're not using MySQL, the best way to start from scratch is to remove the following database files and image directory from the Userdata area, then restart XBMC:
Code:
Database\MyVideos75.db
Database\MyMusic32.db
Database\Textures13.db
Thumbnails

If you're using MySQL, you'll need to drop the MyVideos and MyMusic databases using your favourite MySQL administration tool, then also delete Database\Textures13.db file and Thumbnails folder, and restart XBMC.

i'm using a windows machine and I can't find any database files to remove... how can i completely destroy my music database and start again...

i tried removing the source, then cleaning the library... that doesn't remove anything
i tried exporting the database and deleting that... (rather silly suggestion i thought at the time but i did it)... no good
there doesn't appear to be a single file or folder set that i can delete to remove it

help, please
Have you looked in your userdata folder? See here to find out where your userdata folder is on Windows - your Database folder will be within it.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I've had this exact same problem. Removing sources and cleaning DB does not work. Exporting db xml and clearing it and re-importing new db does not work. The fix of deleting the .db files DID work. (on my system there were two, presumably from different Kodi version?) But you don't have to know where on your (windows) system the files are, you can delete them directly from within Kodi's System->File Manager->Profile Directory->Database. On my current system the file is now called MyMusic56.db. Deleting that (or other *Music*.db) file fixed it, finally I had an empty music database and could refresh it.

It's a shame this had to happen, but there was no other way around it, and also a shame because it seems like I am getting a lot of bogus thumbnail cover art replacements from the online lookup, as the database re-populates. I was REALLY enjoying the full screen artist artwork that came up during play, especially Party Mode. Smile
(2016-04-30, 16:09)riebling Wrote: I've had this exact same problem. Removing sources and cleaning DB does not work. Exporting db xml and clearing it and re-importing new db does not work. The fix of deleting the .db files DID work. (on my system there were two, presumably from different Kodi version?) But you don't have to know where on your (windows) system the files are, you can delete them directly from within Kodi's System->File Manager->Profile Directory->Database. On my current system the file is now called MyMusic56.db. Deleting that (or other *Music*.db) file fixed it, finally I had an empty music database and could refresh it.

It's a shame this had to happen, but there was no other way around it, and also a shame because it seems like I am getting a lot of bogus thumbnail cover art replacements from the online lookup, as the database re-populates. I was REALLY enjoying the full screen artist artwork that came up during play, especially Party Mode. Smile

I've deleted my music.db files, as described here.
I then added a new music source and scanned it in, however there has been no new music.db file created.
I've re-started kodi and the complete raspi, to no avail.
There are no subheadings "Album", "Artist", etc under the "Music" heading, and searching for tracks returns nothing.
I think that the music database has not been re-created; please give some clue what I should do to force re-creation of music.db.
thanks
Have a look in your filesystem and see if it has been re-created.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks.
Yes, it did get created after 10 or so minutes.
I didn't expect it to take so long, guess I should be more patient Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I delete my database & start over0