Win -My experience with the One For All URC7962 Smartcontrol Motion Remote
My experienceOne For All URC7962 Smartcontrol Motion Remote

After months using my Ps3 BD remote on win, mac and linux I finally realized
that despite the fact this is an amazing remote, with an amazing responsiveness and
a great design it lacks of some features that for me are important, like automatic standby mode
and wake up from sleep, thats why since some weeks I started looking for new solutions
to achieve those goals.

This post is half review half tutorial I hope can help others!

I bought this IR receiver: Philips® RC6 Ir receiver Modell OVU411000
to use it together with my logitech harmony 200, this remote has also all the features I wanted but
because his perceptible lag It felt uncomfortable to use it everyday.

Then I started again looking for a good and affordable remote, after some research I found that the
One For All URC7962 could be the remote for me because of his:

• Great design
• Good autonomy
• Easy setup
• Wake up from sleep feature
• Responsiveness
• Illuminated keys
• Compatible with other devices
• Good value for money

After having it in my hands I confirmed all of this, so far Im really happy with it
the setup was really easy I would describe it briefly:

1) To Configuring the remote as a Microsoft MCE remote, I needed to enter the code :1272

2) Install XBMCCustomregis , this add some extra features to the mce remote under windows, be aware
that this is gonna overwrite your keyboard.xml, make a backup before installation.
to know more in detail go to link

3) Personalize the keys using MCERemoteMapper or Windows Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool, with this tools can't be more easy.

This is my current setup:

Link

For any question or suggestion please let me know!
Hy, how can I enter thé code for mce remote?
Now if only it had a full QWERTY keyboard on the back. :/
(2013-12-23, 16:24)wolfodeiwolfy Wrote: Hy, how can I enter thé code for mce remote?

1.Find the code for your device, Microsoft MCE remote= 1272
2.Press and hold the magic key for 3 sec. (All keys will light up twice)
3.Select the corresponding device e.g. tv ( I use the Media Button)
4.Enter the code= 1272 (All keys will light up twice)
5.Press the power button or pause button.

Extract from the User Manual available online.
I had a ps3 remote too but the short battery life was a pain. It was great for range and you could map just about every function under the sun and then some with its multitude of keys. I found I'd forget what half of them did after a while though! Doesn't help when the labels don't represent what the function does. The deal breaker with it though was the fact I had to re-pair it in windows every time the batteries went. And that meant deleting the device and searching again. Not sure if there was a way around that but I took it as another micro$oft "quirk".

I've opted for the urc7962 after seeing it on eBay for a steal at 99p. My friend has the 7960 and I was impressed by the quality of it. Looks great and feels great too. I like the idea of the smart motion in mine but so far I'm finding it more of a hindrance than a help. If I knock it or throw it on the sofa it will switch to TV mode for some reason and pause playback occasionally. I can't get the power macro to work and the smart mode is a bit weird too. Why would I want to have half a remote to control the TV and the other a stb? I think it's a classic example of over engineering and a bored R&D team IMO. In any case the smart motion can be disabled with the only drawback being it will no longer light up when picked up, a nice feature! I've paired mine with a flirc USB ir and its range is amazing. Can customise it pretty well and with the kodi keymap editor add-on I can assign buttons to do as I wish, even having buttons changing dependant on the area of kodi I'm in. I've looked at a lot of remotes and think this one is hard to beat for my needs. If anyone has any better suggestions, fire away! For me this is the best budget media centre remote out there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
-My experience with the One For All URC7962 Smartcontrol Motion Remote0