• 18(current)
Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)
(2015-12-31, 05:40)kniazio Wrote: I pilight use software to control the wireless devices.
My question:
Is it possible to assign a key to execute the command?
The command to execute
Code:
sudo pilight-send -p kaku_switch -i 19330026 -u 15 -t
or
Code:
sudo /usr/local/bin/pilight-send -p kaku_switch -i 19330026 -u 15 -t
I would like eg. This command to turn on the Key "1"

pilight-send is the command issued from the console SSH which includes my socket Wireless
My keymap gen.xml
Code:
<keymap><global><keyboard><key id="213">xbmc.runplugin(plugin://plugin.video.surveillanceroom?action=all_cameras)</key><key id="206">xxxxxxxx</key></keyboard></global></keymap>
What I would have to enter in place of xxxxxxxx

Does not anyone know how to do it?
Hi, when I start the keymap editor, I get the "Failed to remove old keymap file".
How can I solve this issue?

(I installed the latest version)
I cant key in fullscreen music section because not. Fullscreen video and fullscreen live tv okey. Where is fullscreen music section? İ mapped keys in fullscreen video and live tv. working like a charm but when i played music fullscren this keys not working.
bump
Probably the simplest way would be to access your system via SSH (wiki) (if required) and then manually delete the file from the keymaps (wiki) folder.

Quite why you're getting the error is a bit strange, probably an access privileges issue with Kodi and that folder/file stopping it being able to do the deletion. Which OS are you running?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-01-12, 09:58)DarrenHill Wrote: Probably the simplest way would be to access your system via SSH (wiki) (if required) and then manually delete the file from the keymaps (wiki) folder.

Quite why you're getting the error is a bit strange, probably an access privileges issue with Kodi and that folder/file stopping it being able to do the deletion. Which OS are you running?

Hi DarrenHill, thx for the qucik reply, the OS is Win 8.1 (64bit) and the latest stable version of Kodi
Just go into the keymaps folder then (with Kodi not running) at %APPDATA%/Kodi/userdata/keymaps and remove it manually (it will probably be the only file in the folder - I forget the exact name but it's a .xml file).

I'd guess there's an access permission issue or similar with that folder tree and your user somehow which is preventing Kodi doing it itself.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi, I looked for this folder (%APPDATA%/Kodi/userdata/keymaps) but the folder was empty.
What else can I do?
Try creating an empty dummy file called gen.xml in that folder. I think that's the file that the add-on uses.

All I can think if I'd it's somehow trying to delete a file that doesn't exist and so failing. Maybe giving it something to delete and then recreate may cure the issue?

Kodi Blog Posts
I try this method, but it failed again Sad
I tried to change the folders' permissions but nothing changes Sad
Any help?
Thx again for the quick replies!
Can you gather, upload and post a link to a debug log (wiki) of the error please?

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-01-13, 22:55)DarrenHill Wrote: Can you gather, upload and post a link to a debug log (wiki) of the error please?

OMG, I found the problem. When I wanted to upload the log, I checked it and I found something weird.
The error was at the python library, the add-on can't access it because (wait for it) there was a problem with the encoding. Yes, the encoding Smile
When you create a new user in Windows 8.1, you can't setup the users' folder name. Only you can add is your name, and windows will automatically create a folder from your name. I'm hungarian and my name's János Tóth and my users folder name was "János". When I created another user and installed the Kodi with a "general" fake name, the add-on had works fine. When I created another problematic, hungarian name, the add-on failed again.

So all of the problem was the access of the pythons' library, because the encoding Smile
Thx DarrenHill all of the helps, if you hadn't help me I can't find it out!
I'm fairly new to Kodi and this is a great add-on. I was searching everywhere on how to remap keys and trying to create/edit xml files and use irw (which doesn't work because my remote is recognized as a keyboard).

I was wondering if there is a way to make a remote button map to a homescreen library (like TV Series which links to an SMB share). I have a Harmony remote and would like to use the custom labeled buttons to map to each of my homescreen main menu items.

I saw manual methods, but since irw doesn't tell me what button I've pressed I got lost.
Not sure if I am using this correctly. I loaded cyanogenmod onto my Ouya so I could install Jarvis. Now, the Ouya remote doesn't seem to work fully. For example, the Y button no longer toggles fullscreen and I am unable to bring up player controls. I have tried changing settings, but they always show the same as if my settings are not being saved. I'd love to get this working, since manually editing files is a little daunting, especially on an Android device.
Hi, I have a very annoying problem with the back button. I can't program any action to my USB controller's back button. When I tried to program the back button it just get back to the previous menu.

Maybe when I push the back button, it's not programing but exit from the programming?
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)7