• 2(current)
Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)
(2013-10-03, 13:13)T800 Wrote: It tried this this morning on a Pivos Linux and set the 'OK' to pause/play. After I did this the 'OK' wouldn't work to access anything even on the home screen. How do I restore the button? Can I delete the keymap folder in userdata and restart the box?

Well of course. what did you expect to happen? Delete the file in userdata (wiki)/keymaps/ and reboot to reset to default. If you want to reuse the same key select an appropriate window from the list. If you select "global" it applies everywhere.
Thanks,
I thought I picked playback, maybe I didn't. Rolleyes
Hi, I just tried installing this on my Raspberry Pi and I get a script failed error. Does it work on the Pi?
I tried to use this addon, but It seams it is editing the keyboard.xml, with no way of making it edit the remote.xml instead.
I just started using my TV's remote trough the USB CEC adapter, and want an easy way to remap the buttons.

BTW, I tried hook some keys in the editor with the remote and it seams to work, but I am afraid that the program is changing the keyboard.xml instead so I havent saved. It would be a shame if the keyboard stopped working, even though I do not intend to use (want to have as a fallback option)
(2013-10-24, 01:00)ziggurat Wrote: I tried to use this addon, but It seams it is editing the keyboard.xml, with no way of making it edit the remote.xml instead.
I just started using my TV's remote trough the USB CEC adapter, and want an easy way to remap the buttons.

BTW, I tried hook some keys in the editor with the remote and it seams to work, but I am afraid that the program is changing the keyboard.xml instead so I havent saved. It would be a shame if the keyboard stopped working, even though I do not intend to use (want to have as a fallback option)

No, that's not how it works. Where did you get this from? It doesn't edit any of those files, and it doesn't matter what the name of the file is anyway. Unless you saved none of the new mappings are loaded so how could you know? Also, if you opened the addon your old keyboard.xml and remote.xml are already removed (backup in the keymaps dir. don't worry), it clearly says so in the description. Maybe that's what you're experiencing

(2013-09-24, 18:50)curlyjs Wrote: Hi,

I tried it and it's really cool, should be there in the settings by default. Ned, is this something that could be pushed?

One feature that I couldn't find "System.LogOff", I used to map this to one button to switch between my two libraries. Now I've mapped to XBMC restart, but it's not quite the same and takes a bit more time. There could be an option to manually add something.

Thanks,

JS

Added. Let me know if there's anything else missing
Hi there takoi,
I'm after doing damage there to the xml that controls the apps for Android and now my xbmc is locked in an apple tv and I cant use it. I can SSH inside, could you tell me where I could find the xml to delete it or something?
Managed to fix it myself. Used a chrome extension remote, to change a small part of its keymap and it delete the older one I had messed up earlier! PHEW!
(2013-10-26, 12:56)takoi Wrote:
(2013-10-24, 01:00)ziggurat Wrote: I tried to use this addon, but It seams it is editing the keyboard.xml, with no way of making it edit the remote.xml instead.

No, that's not how it works. Where did you get this from? It doesn't edit any of those files, and it doesn't matter what the name of the file is anyway. Unless you saved none of the new mappings are loaded so how could you know? Also, if you opened the addon your old keyboard.xml and remote.xml are already removed (backup in the keymaps dir. don't worry), it clearly says so in the description. Maybe that's what you're experiencing

(2013-09-24, 18:50)curlyjs Wrote: Hi,

I tried it and it's really cool, should be there in the settings by default. Ned, is this something that could be pushed?

One feature that I couldn't find "System.LogOff", I used to map this to one button to switch between my two libraries. Now I've mapped to XBMC restart, but it's not quite the same and takes a bit more time. There could be an option to manually add something.

Thanks,

JS

Added. Let me know if there's anything else missing

I am sorry for not understanding how your application worked. I made my own remote.xml file instead, but thanks anyway Smile
Is it possible to remap the keys of the iphone's application: "Remote Control for XBMC"?
I thought it's could be related to virtual keyboard... any ideas?
I am using Keymap Editor in openelec (most up to date version).
This looks interesting. Might need to experiment.
I can't get it to work with openelec on my raspberry pi. It installs fine, but when I try to run it, nothing happens. Does it have any dependencies?
Hi, I've used this plugin a few times now and its WONDERFUL! Recently bought the inlaws an Apple TV as they live in the Apple universe so perfect for them - I was pretty impressed with the device's ability to map keys and might I recommend you implement that?

Essentially - it takes the most common keys such as Play, Pause, Stop, Fast Forward, Rewing, Next, Previous, Select, Menu and has you enter them in one by one wizard style. You could make in option when you launch the addon:

Wizard: Lanuch wizard to learn your remote and then ask at the end if they would like to go to the advanced setup for any keys.
Advanced: Existing setup.

Just think it would make it user friendly Smile

Thanks,
(I've filed this on the GitHub repo for completion-sake)
I'm running this plugin on OpenELEC, Raspberry Pi, controlled from TV via CEC.

This plugin is a great addition & something that has been sorely lacking - thanks for the contrib.

I've loaded the plugin to remap the default (otherwise pointless) teletext keys on the remote to take me to Movie Titles (red), TV Titles (green), Favourites (yellow) & Home (blue).

The config seems to be generated OK & creates the file:
~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/gen.xml
with the contents (as-is, no cr/lf):
Code:
<keymap><home><keyboard><key id="253">activatewindow(favourites)</key><key id="251">activatewindow(videos,movietitles)</key><key id="252">activatewindow(videos,tvshowtitles )</key><key id="254">activatewindow(home)</key></keyboard></home></keymap>

It seems to work OK for the 1st of the buttons pressed, but then defaults back to the default config after.

--- update ---

I've found the following post (#79).

I've created a symlink of: `ln -sv gen.xml remote.xml`
& changed the config to reflect the following:
Code:
<keymap>
<!--
  <home>
    <keyboard>
      <key id="251">activatewindow(videos,movietitles)</key>
      <key id="252">activatewindow(videos,tvshowtitles)</key>
      <key id="253">activatewindow(favourites)</key>
      <key id="254">activatewindow(home)</key>
    </keyboard>
  </home>
-->
  <global>
    <remote>
      <red>activatewindow(videos,movietitles)</red>
      <green>activatewindow(videos,tvshowtitles)</green>
      <yellow>activatewindow(favourites)</yellow>
      <blue>activatewindow(home)</blue>
    </remote>
  </global>
</keymap>

After reboot it seems to function OK.
I think I may have found an odd little bug in XBMC's remapping functionality.

The above works OK, but when I'm in the [Favourites] window (yellow button), the keys don't seem to take.
In all other cases it all seems fine.

I've modified the mapping to reflect the following (taking a hint from the relevant wiki page), but issue still seems present:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
    </remote>
  </global>
  <favourites>
    <remote>
    </remote>
  </favourites>
</keymap>

Can anyone please confirm this?
nah - changes are still getting overloaded with defaults....

my current config looks something like this & nothing is honored:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
      <clear>Info</clear>
      <data>ContextMenu</data>
      <sub_picture>Playlist</sub_picture>