• 8(current)
Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)
So does Keymap Editor work with the Green Start button on my remote or not?

http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Control-In...407&sr=8-1
(2014-12-03, 20:03)gate1975mlm Wrote: So does Keymap Editor work with the Green Start button on my remote or not?
The addon doesn't 'support' or 'not support' any specific remotes, it's merely a front end. If you see a new button id next to the action name in after assigning it, the remote/button is supported.
(2014-12-02, 02:37)Rogue26 Wrote: I have seen that it can be mapped to a keyboard command but I didn't see it in the add-on.
Tell me how..
This is what I found while researching it. The post said to add this to the keyboard.xml file

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<b>SendClick(25,14)</b>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Where the 'b' would be the letter of your choice on the keyboard.
I am trying to assign a specific XBMC Home Favorite to a key.
Is there an XML hack I could use?
Or, how difficult would it be to add Keymap editor to the context menu? This way any addon, section of an addon or favorite can be assigned to a key

Thanks

VERY useful Addon. Thanks for your work on it!
Just tried remapping some keys on my boxee remote with this and something seems to have gone wrong. I remapped my left, right and select key for during video playback. Now none of the 3 seem to work outside of video playback.

Is there anyway to go back to the default layout so I can start over?

I removed my usb that is running kodi and plugged it into my computer and checked the \userdata directory but there are no keymap or keyboard.xml files there. I've also tried recopying the entire \system\keymaps directory to the usb but that doesn't seem to change anything.

Do I need to somehow force a refresh of the keyboard mapping?

Thanks for any help.
When you open the key map addon you have the option to edit, reset to default, and to save. I would try to reset to default.
(2014-12-14, 00:31)Rogue26 Wrote: When you open the key map addon you have the option to edit, reset to default, and to save. I would try to reset to default.

Unfortunately I can no longer navigate to the keymap add-on without the use of those very important buttons...
Figured it out - looks like there is a /portabledata folder that has a keymaps folder. I created a new keyboard.xml file with all the data I wanted and placed it in there. Back up and running now.
(2014-11-20, 14:04)takoi Wrote: Those are just default keys. You can already go to a few pvr specific windows (in "Windows" category). Will add the rest before helix, but be patient!

Hi takoi,

did you find the time to make it?
(2014-12-15, 23:48)pete0007 Wrote:
(2014-11-20, 14:04)takoi Wrote: Those are just default keys. You can already go to a few pvr specific windows (in "Windows" category). Will add the rest before helix, but be patient!
Hi takoi,

did you find the time to make it?
Yes! It was added quite some time ago now, in v1.0.8. Sorry I forgot to let you know!
(2014-12-16, 16:26)takoi Wrote: Yes! It was added quite some time ago now, in v1.0.8. Sorry I forgot to let you know!

Oh, great. When will it be into Kodi's repos? So by now I think I have to compile it from the source, right?
suprise, suprise, they are no in the (Kodi) repos. Thanks a lot.

But I did not find the promised keys to be assigned. Neither in "windows" nor elsewhere.

Or did I miss something?
New helix actions are:

Open TV Channels
Open TV Recordings
Open TV Guide
Open TV Timers
Open TV Search
Open Radio Channels
Open Radio Recordings
Open Radio Guide
Open Radio Timers
Open Radio Search

You find them in 'windows' group. What else did you miss?
(2014-12-21, 17:45)takoi Wrote: New helix actions are:

Open TV Channels
Open TV Recordings
Open TV Guide
Open TV Timers
Open TV Search
Open Radio Channels
Open Radio Recordings
Open Radio Guide
Open Radio Timers
Open Radio Search

You find them in 'windows' group. What else did you miss?

Thanks a lot, these had been the main things missing.

As I had some probs with Hexlis RCs and went back to Gotham: could you please implement your new version to Gotham also?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)7