• 12(current)
Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)
A quick note to say I too am experiencing the extra returns saved into the gen.xml and that need to be manually removed before it will then work (repeating every time the key editor is used).

100% repeatable (two separate machines) using Kodi 14.1 (64-bit) on OSX 10.10.2 (Yosemite).

Hopefully the author will be able to correct this soon. Thanks in advance.
I'm sure this has already been asked and solved, but I can't seem to find it. I have a generic Hama MCE remote control and it's working fine except for one or two things. The volume up down button sends a repeated signal, but holding it down only increases or decreases the volume one unit at a time. The IR receiver blinks repeatedly to show that the signal is being received but to go up or down I have to tap the volume button. Other functions, however, like holding up or down direction arrows moves through menus until the key is released. How do I alter the repeat rate of volume controls?

The second question is to do with mapping special function keys. The remote is obviously designed with Windows Media Centre in mind but I'm running Kodi on a Raspberry Pi 2. How to I use Keycap Editor so that the shortcut buttons for what would be DVD, Video, Live TV and Pictures instead route to, say, Video Addons, the OpenVPN Program addon, and the Movies folder, for example? I've tried to 'teach' Keycap Editor in the usual way, but the same method which worked to remap the Clear key to instead send the Tab key isn't working for mapping the media shortcut buttons. The IR receiver flashes to show that it is getting a signal from the remote but Keycap Editor just waits for 5 seconds and then times out when no keypress is received.

Thanks for help.
(2015-02-14, 17:46)simonw500 Wrote: A quick note to say I too am experiencing the extra returns saved into the gen.xml and that need to be manually removed before it will then work (repeating every time the key editor is used).

100% repeatable (two separate machines) using Kodi 14.1 (64-bit) on OSX 10.10.2 (Yosemite).

@takoi Just wondering if you have been able to reproduce this bug?
As others, I'm also experiencing the inability to map keys from the Nexus Player remote using Keymap 1.0.8. I want to map the Play/Pause key Globally to the Context Menu. I navigate to Programs Add-ons->Keymap Editor->Edit->Global->Navigation->Context Menu-c->Edit key->Press the Play/Pause key of the Nexus Player within 5 sec->Esc back a couple screens->Select Save and then restart Kodi, but the changes are not saved. The Play/Pause key is recognized by Keymap when I press it within the required 5 seconds during the editing process..

I'm using a Nexus Player (rooted) running Kodi 14.1 x86 with Keymap 1.0.8 (I also tried Keymap 0.9.7, but had the same result). Are there plans to support the Nexus Player remote in Keymap? Are there any "specific" modifications I can make to the current Keymap release to map this key?

Thanks....
(2015-02-16, 18:40)simonw500 Wrote:
(2015-02-14, 17:46)simonw500 Wrote: A quick note to say I too am experiencing the extra returns saved into the gen.xml and that need to be manually removed before it will then work (repeating every time the key editor is used).

@takoi Just wondering if you have been able to reproduce this bug?
Nope. Still waiting for someone who have the issue to reject/confirm if this was an issue in v0.9.7 too. (the xml writer changed after that version)
Thanks for the response. Let me be that person to test v0..9.7 back-to-back and will feedback this evening.
Actually managed to do it straight away (forgot Kodi was also installed on my Mac laptop I use for work and thus have with me!).

Mac OSX 10.10.2
Kodi 14.1
Fresh vanilla Kodi profile created to test (removing any complication/compatibility)

v0.9.7 = works fine
v1.0.8 = on 'save' generates XML files with erroneous line spaces breaking up the XML formatting blocks, both prevents these keymap XML files being parsed (thus any key mappings working) and which next going to 'edit' within Keymap Editor no previous mappings appear (again presumably because the XML cannot be parsed).

..also noting the above was experienced simply by installing v0.9.7 from zip, testing (success), then allowing Kodi to automatically upgrade the addon to v1.0.8, testing again (fail).

As this is the third OSX system I've experienced this on (3 out of 3) I can only assume this is an OSX-specific issue?

Hope this helps.
(2014-12-26, 11:12)activate Wrote: snip
(2015-01-16, 09:37)vivesladron Wrote: snip
(2015-01-16, 10:47)dbenyakar Wrote: snip
(2015-01-21, 14:17)SaEt9000 Wrote: snip
(2015-02-09, 23:40)josep01972 Wrote: snip
(2015-02-11, 14:35)rizjuan1 Wrote: snip
(2015-02-18, 15:45)tamanaco Wrote: snip
All of you and others having the vague "no keys working" problem: try v1.0.9. It that doesn't fix it post a debug log (wiki) and the gen.xml file found in userdata (wiki)/keymaps/

Can't believe this bug has been around since november and first debug log coming up now:/ And thank you simonw500 for looking into the issue!
Confirmed fixed - thanks (superbly quick turnaround)!

..of minor importance I noticed when you do a "Reset to default" it generates a XML with a single line of "<keymap />" which doesn't look right, then again don't suppose this harms anything as there's nothing in the XML to be parsed/used.
(2015-02-18, 15:45)tamanaco Wrote: As others, I'm also experiencing the inability to map keys from the Nexus Player remote using Keymap 1.0.8.

Are there any "specific" modifications I can make to the current Keymap release to map this key?

I am successfully using this app to re-map the buttons - https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...predefiner
Hi Takoi

I'm stuck in Gotham Land right now (and therefore using v0.9.7 of Keymap Editor)... my question is specific to adding a remote command for use ONLY when running PseudoTV Live.

I want to display the CODECINFO overlay by pressing the "Guide" button on my MCE remote. This works when playing video using the standard xbmc player, but under PTVL the command is ignored from both the remote and/or "O" key from the keyboard.

A while back a function to display CODECINFO was added to PTVL, and the instruction was to use your addon, and map the chosen button to the "Show codec info" command. Simple enough.

My problem is if I make this a GLOBAL setting, it prevents me calling up the context menu when scrolling through item lists everywhere else in xbmc (although "C" on the keyboard is still operative).

When I assigned the button under FULLSCREEN VIDEO, it was not recognized within PTVL.

Is there a way to have the custom action associated with the running of PTVL, so it only replaces the "standard" actions of the Guide button when the PTVL script is running ?

Thank you so much for help and advice.
::  LibreELEC 9.2.6 RELEASE - Generic x86_64  ::  Intel 847 NUC  ::  KVR1333D3S9/4G  ::  Kingston SMS200S3/30G mSATA  ::  MS 1044 MCE keyboard  ::  GP-IR02BK remote  ::  Xonfluence  ::  10.9TiB on FreeNAS v11.3-U5 (RAID-Z2)  ::
I'm using Kodi 14.1 on a Raspberry Pi B+, Keymap Editor version 1.09.

I have an SNES gamepad attached to the Pi via a usb adapter, which is recognized in EmulationStation, but once I launch Kodi (I launch from ES) I have to use a keyboard.

Obviously the Pi itself recognizes the gamepad, but when trying to configure with Keymap Editor it just times out like it doesn't detect any button presses. This is confirmed in the log file as there is no mention of the gamepad button presses regardless of me banging on it.

Am I missing some basic step to get the controller initialized in Kodi?

Thanks!
I can't tell you how many hours I messed with manual keymaps over the years, especially way back in the beginning when I was running XBMC in portable mode..but I digress. The point is this is such an awesome addon, thank you so much!!

One thing I am really pining to be able to do though is map more than one key to a function. Do you think this is in the cards to be added?

For example, I have two different remotes that get used, and I'd like to map the context menu on both, but doing one, deletes the other ...

Anyways, thanks for an awesome addon. This has probably saved man-years in lost productivity..
I am using a RC6 receiver connected through usb. My remote is primary working but the buttons are mapped wrong (eg. Left, right, up and down are working).
So I was trying your Addon.

Somehow while trying to map an action to a specific button on the remote, the button press will not be recognised.
Whatever button I press on the remote the button press will not be recognised by the plugin.

I am on openELEC 5.0.2.
I'd like to map a button to pull up the subtitles download window, can you tell me where that particular command would be found?
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)7