• 13(current)
Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)
See all control options here - http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls
Where is the wiki or directions on how to use this?

I want to edit my VolumeUp and VolumeDown settings.

When I first open it, obviously I want to Edit:

So, now where do I go? Global?

That is what I tried, but there are still no keys to edit.

Where do I go to make sure I am editing the correct key, Audio?

Once I am there, how do I enter this VolumeDown value?

ShowKey tells me I need to use "174" for VolumeDown and "175" for VolumeUp (without quotes), but I don't know how to enter that.

I tried clicking each setting in the Audio screen, then pressing the keys (+), (-), and (mute) on my remote. As you can see below, however, they all map to the same numerical values.

Back in XBMC, all of my keys (+), (-), and (mute) now function as a MUTE button.

Sad

What am I doing wrong?
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I did search around and couldn't find an answer. Where are the 5 digit key id codes (like 61510) that are used in this add-on documented? For example I mapped the "f" key to open the favorites window which resulted in the following entry to the gen.xml file:
Code:
<keymap><global><keyboard><key id="61510">activatewindow(favourites)</key></keyboard></global></keymap>
Where can I see all the valid key id codes and there corresponding value? Ideally I would like to see a convenient way to list my current custom key mappings in a format that is easy to read/understand. The gen.xml that is generated by this addon would be fine if I knew what the 5 digit key ids were. Perhaps adding a list or show menu choice to the main menu of the add-on to display the current custom key mappings would be useful. Thanks.

Jay
anyone knows how i can run scripts in raspberry pi with this addon ?
I've tried everything but the scripts wont execute.
Right now i have :
<keymap><global><keyboard><key id="2159104">System.Exec("/etc/init.d/vncboot start")</key></keyboard></global></keymap>

where 2159104 is my win key on the keyboard
(2015-03-11, 14:30)jp2code Wrote: Where is the wiki or directions on how to use this?

I want to edit my VolumeUp and VolumeDown settings.

When I first open it, obviously I want to Edit:

So, now where do I go? Global?

That is what I tried, but there are still no keys to edit.

Where do I go to make sure I am editing the correct key, Audio?

Once I am there, how do I enter this VolumeDown value?

ShowKey tells me I need to use "174" for VolumeDown and "175" for VolumeUp (without quotes), but I don't know how to enter that.

I tried clicking each setting in the Audio screen, then pressing the keys (+), (-), and (mute) on my remote. As you can see below, however, they all map to the same numerical values.

Back in XBMC, all of my keys (+), (-), and (mute) now function as a MUTE button.

Sad

What am I doing wrong?

I have the exact same problem, did you find a solution for this?

/Marcus
I've been getting some help in this thread:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=126978

But, it is not solved yet. It sounds like I may need to use the Harmony software to configure my non-Logitech remote (an ORtek VRC-1100).

This thread seems to be dead ...well, other than the 2 of us! Smile
(2015-03-13, 15:32)jp2code Wrote: I've been getting some help in this thread:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=126978

But, it is not solved yet. It sounds like I may need to use the Harmony software to configure my non-Logitech remote (an ORtek VRC-1100).

This thread seems to be dead ...well, other than the 2 of us! Smile
Because it's overwhelmed with question about general remote problems. Yours is probably one of those too where xbmc recognize all the 3 buttons as the same one, therefore it will show with the same key in the editor. You can check all the different key codes in the debug log. They will be printed with each key press.
Just discovered this add-on and had to stop in and say thank you. After receiving my new RPi 2, and since OSMC is still in beta, I was stuck without my GPIO receiver for my Harmony One. CEC has never cut in in my book, but after a little modification with this add-on everything works perfect again. Thanks again for your work on this. Smile
(2015-03-13, 17:44)takoi Wrote: Yours is probably one of those too where xbmc recognize all the 3 buttons as the same one, therefore it will show with the same key in the editor. You can check all the different key codes in the debug log. They will be printed with each key press.

I can check that log now.

Even if the log shows different keystrokes, though, what do I need to message so that the Keymap Editor recognizes the different key presses?

When the Keymap Editor sees all as the same key, they also act as the same key in XBMC. Did I explain that OK?
Is it possible to add: Search ?
It`s this command I think: SendClick(8)

If this is in the Editor, I can`t find it.

Thanks, in advance.
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
Works great under openelec but is there a way to nullify a key? For instance, the input button displays the weather or deletes a show/movie. Is it possible to add a null keymap in your plugin?
Is it possible to link this tool w/lirc? I've managed to configure lirc to work w/all the keys in my remote, but I've been banging my head for a week w/remote.xml, Lircmap.xml and Keyboard.xml to get Kodi to recognize the events. Right now I'm fixating on getting this button to bring me to the home page, but I don't quite see how to get the KeyEditor to do that.
Possible to Add Different Favorites as Buttons?

I use USTV Addon and want to make channel 5 goto the Live Stream of CBS, etc.

Thanks
I am getting failed to load keymap file how do I fix it ? Have tried reinstalling...deleted my keymap file fixed now
Thumbs Up 
takoi, I just wanted to thank you for this incredibly useful add-on. I've been tweaking my remotes with it for a while and it saved me a lot of time and aggravation.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)7