• 14(current)
Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)
Im having trouble mapping only 2 buttons on my vrc-1100 remote.The internet button with e wont register and the yellow pvr button. Any workaround for this. Ive looked at guides and wikis but i cant figure it out.
Zotac Zbox id41 Intel Atom d525 nm10 1.8ghz openelec
I had this app working just great with Kodi in Openelec, but recently, I can no longer get past the "Edit Key" step. When I select Edit Key, it takes me right back to "Select the action to assign a key" without ever asking me to press a key on the remote.

I suspect this problem started after an Openelec upgrade. I'm running Openelec 5.0.8 Generic .x86_64 which is Kodi 14.2 Helix.

Again, this app worked perfectly until about a month ago. I've tried erasing all .xml files from the keymaps directory and starting all over, but it doesn't help.

There are no errors in the kodi.log around the time I'm trying to Edit Keys.
XP Pro SP3 - Intel G45 - Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz - 2GB RAM - Intel GMA X4500HD Video - MCE Infrared - Adesso WKB-4000US RF Keyboard
So, how do I remove the values that are in here?

It seemed to work best when those fields were blank (like the other fields), but I don't know how to go about clearing a row.

Does anyone know how to clear an entry?
I'm using OpenElec 5.0.8 with Keymap Editor 1.0.9 and a genuine Microsoft MCE remote (with the coloured buttons).

I'd like to map the Context Menu to one of the coloured buttons so that it brings up the Context Menu everywhere, but particularly on entries in the TV "Recordings" window.

However...wherever I set up one of these buttons it doesn't seem to respond as I'd expect i.e.:

Global -> Navigation -> Context Menu (originally "c"): Doesn't work in "Recordings", does work on files in Music.
PVR -> Navigation -> Context Menu (originally unassigned): Does nothing
PVR -> Windows -> Open Context Menu (originally unassigned): Does nothing

I'm probably missing something obvious :-)

How do I map a button to bring up the Context Menu (as "c" on the keyboard does) everywhere, including on a recording in the TV "Recordings" window?
@c128: I'm exactly in the same situation, just with OpenElec 5.95.1 on a Raspberry Pi, but same Remote Control.

Would you mind to share your solution?
I'd like to know how to reset the Keymap Editor.

I can log in as the Administrator on the PC, launch XBMC as Administrator, go to Reset To Default, Save, then Reboot - but my volume keys still do not work.

I would try uninstalling/reinstalling XBMC, but I have about 10 different drives that need to be configured, then I'd have to reconfigure the PVR clients - and I'm still not guaranteed that this is going to fix the problem.
(2015-05-11, 15:58)GhoudiOnPi Wrote: @c128: I'm exactly in the same situation, just with OpenElec 5.95.1 on a Raspberry Pi, but same Remote Control.

Would you mind to share your solution?

I'm afraid I don't have a solution - can't seem to get this to work. I've currently resigned myself to using the separate keys that are mapped by default to do what I want to do (e.g. "Clear" to delete a recording). But, really, I'd like to get the Context Menu mapped globally to a button.
@c128: Is it possible to map the 'Context Menu' for Movies and TV Shows only (not globally)? This two are the most needed places for me, to adjust a wrong entry or just to delete a Movie/TV Show from the library with my Remote Control.
This is really useful. I'd really like to see this able to add a second key to a particular function rather than just edit.
thanks
I would still really like to get someone to work with me on getting the volume controls working on our remote.

They used to work - until I tried to "fix them" using the MCE Remote plug-in (I didn't realize my remote was a non-MCE Remote, or that there even was such a thing). I applied the "Restore to Default" and even uninstalled the MCE Remote plug-in.

Since that point, no amount of editing on the Keymap Editor seems to do any good.
Question 
I'm new to this util but have managed to remap a few buttons (on mce remote), which seemed to have been successful.

Now what I really need to do is, when on live tv, is to remap a button to end time-shifting (paused or rewound) and return to the 'live' program'. Where abouts in the gui do I need to go?

Thanks.
I might just be to stupid to use it but are there any instructions on how to use this?

I'm trying to remap my MCE remote keys for a few buttons

The green button should take me to the kodi main menu
The record button should record the current listing I'm on in the guide
The recorded TV button should take me to the list of recorded TV shows

Just wondering how to do this?
(2015-06-06, 12:16)ipguy Wrote: I might just be to stupid to use it but are there any instructions on how to use this?

I'm trying to remap my MCE remote keys for a few buttons

The green button should take me to the kodi main menu
The record button should record the current listing I'm on in the guide
The recorded TV button should take me to the list of recorded TV shows

Just wondering how to do this?

Not sure if you've sorted this, but...

For green button to home/main menu go to Global->Windows - scroll to 'Open Home'
For Recorder TV button (at a guess) it would be Global->Windows - scroll to 'Open TV Recordings'
As for the record button I'm not sure, but you could try Fullscreen Live TV->PVR->Record
I'm trying to program the green button on my old style HP MCE remote to close a Chrome window opened using Chrome Launcher. I have tried looking for a suitable command within Keymap Editor add-on but can't find one which does this. I've managed to program the green button with a variety of commands so the add-on works fine with the remote - I just need to find the right command to map to it.

Does anyone know if there is a command which does this?

I can use either key combinations Alt-F4 or CTRL-W using a wireless keyboard to achieve this - can the add-on map a key combination to a button? I gather it is possible by editing the keymap.xml file and I realise there are guides for doing this, but would rather do it more simply with this add-on if possible! I can only find a file called gen.xml in Isengard 15.0 - has this replaced keymap.xml?
Question:

I want the PageUp/PageDown buttons on my remote to MoveItemUp/MoveItemDown in music playlists only.

The normal behaviour while browsing using PageUp/PageDown - jumping to the top/bottom of a page - should not be affected.

Can i do this using keymap editor?
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)7