• 21(current)
Release Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)
Hi there, has anyone had any luck with the "Restart XBMC" hotkey? I programmed it to be F7 and then have it be a button on my Harmony remote. It quits the program, but doesn't restart. I have to wonder if it has something to do with it still being called XBMC?

Edit: I can see RestartApp is a thing and I DO have Windows 7. Wonder why it's not working 0_o
Edit 2: Ah, I see it's something not actually supported it seems. Not the editor's fault, but Kodi's
Great program add-on.

I see you're able to set keys to open any video add-on. I probably looked right by it. But there a key to open up the whole add-ons section?

Thanks
Is there a way to assign a button to rate songs?
I don't see anything related to that in "Item actions" or "Music".
I'd like to be able to go to library/songs, list all my songs and rate them by pressing a remote button.

Currently it is very inconvenient and afaik, there only these 2 possibilities:
1) Play the song in fullscreen mode and press up/down to increase/decrease rating
2) Press info on song, navigate to rating, increase/decrease

Is it even possible to change the rating just by "hovering" over the song and pressing a remote button?
New to this add-on. Do you need to be able to mess around with the key map file to use this add-on as I see a lot of people mentioning that. Also can this add-on help me to reconfigure my Xbox remote?

Sent from my HTC One_M8
(2016-07-01, 19:23)mwake Wrote: New to this add-on. Do you need to be able to mess around with the key map file to use this add-on as I see a lot of people mentioning that. Also can this add-on help me to reconfigure my Xbox remote?

Sent from my HTC One_M8

"Keymap Editor is a GUI for configuring mappings for remotes, keyboard and other inputs supported by xbmc. Note: existing user defined key mappings will be removed."
Not having to mess around with xml files is kinda the point of it.

If your KODI system/box recognizes key presses with your remote, then it'll work.
Simply try out the addon.
(2016-07-02, 10:00)VelvetKevorkian Wrote:
(2016-07-01, 19:23)mwake Wrote: New to this add-on. Do you need to be able to mess around with the key map file to use this add-on as I see a lot of people mentioning that. Also can this add-on help me to reconfigure my Xbox remote?

Sent from my HTC One_M8

"Keymap Editor is a GUI for configuring mappings for remotes, keyboard and other inputs supported by xbmc. Note: existing user defined key mappings will be removed."
Not having to mess around with xml files is kinda the point of it.

If your KODI system/box recognizes key presses with your remote, then it'll work.
Simply try out the addon.
When learning, I'm more of a visual person, is there any helpful YouTube walkthroughs for this add-on? Many thanks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
On screen directions don't help?

You start the app then press buttons when told to.
How does one map the "hide watched" function to a key?

Thanks
Are the reconfigured commands saved when doing a back up? Will I be able to back up my box to use on another box?

Thanks
New to this on my Nvidia Shield with SPMC.

It saved the modified config initially, but when I restarted my Shield it went back to default keymaps.

Any ideas?
<global>
<keyboard>
<numpadminus>Noop</numpadminus>
<minus>Noop</minus>
<volume_down>Noop</volume_down>
<f9>Noop</f9>

</keyboard>
<remote>
<volumeminus>Noop</volumeminus>
</remote>
<appcommand>
<volume_down>Noop</volume_down>
</appcommand>
<joystick name="Harmony">
<button id="22">Noop</button>
</joystick>

</global>

HELP - I cannot find a command to do this and I cannot find a way to write manually to work. The passthrough does NOT work and the volume goes up and down whenever the family pushes it by accident. Please help!

Jarvis 16.1

* this is the current keymap*

<keymap><global><keyboard><key id="61525">activatewindow(subtitlesearch)</key><key id="61521">subtitledelay</key><key id="61516">nextsubtitle</key></keyboard></global></keymap>
I'm trying to set a button on my remote to trigger the "Movie information" window that is available from the context menu from the list of video files. The only problem is that I can't find the video context menu in the Keymap editor. Is it included?
Ubuntu 16 - Kodi 18
Global-Navigation-Show info
Works for movie info, file info etc.
Shows video info during playback.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
Thanks VK - much appreciated!

The only other command I need on my remote now is one to reset the volume when it goes silent. I don't know why, but I have to reset the volume regularly when a little audio icon appears in the top right-hand corner of the screen (not the mute icon). I do this with with F10 on my keyboard, but apparently it's usually F8...
Ubuntu 16 - Kodi 18
Hi, tried a couple of days ago to remap a key for pvr window, but instead it has no effect. Wiki page below describes that some pvr windows were made more specific since Helix, is it possible to update keymap editor to include these changes?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Window_IDs
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap Editor (configure remote in GUI)7