Linux wireless keeps trying to connect
like the title says, im connected through ethernet,but about every 15mins the wireless box pops up asking to connect,im on frodo,its a real pain when im watching a movie and ive got to keep turning it off. never been a problem before
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Maybe you can disable your wireless adapter in your operating system?
im not that great with linux tbh but ill have a look about and c what i can do, cheers
Check out the /etc/network/interfaces file and look for any lines such as "auto wlan0". If you see them then remove them as they tell the OS to try to auto connect the wireless. Don't remove an lines such as "auto eth0" as eth# is the wired connection and wlan# is the wireless.

If you are using openelec then you just need to look at the openelec settings and remove anything related to wireless. No need to jump in a shell.
if the wireless box pops up i suspect you are not running xbmc in standalone mode but just on a desktop ?
Go to networkmanager (right top menu) and disable the wifi.
ok guys will have a play tonight,i think its unbunto xbmc i just just click media player to watch tv/films etc, thanks for the replies Smile
I guess you are using this pc as a desktop pc then ? In that case you would need to just disable that pc in the desktop environment you are running, in your case Ubuntu.

The 'special' thing about XBMCbuntu is that it is easy to start XBMC in standalone mode (without a desktop behind it). If you would like to try that, just logout and back into the XBMC standalone session.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wireless keeps trying to connect0