Atom N230, should I upgrade?
Hey guys, I thought my LAN port was broken on my Zotac Ion Atom N230 so I just ordered the BIOSTAR NM70I-847 Intel Celeron 847. Well it turns out I just had a bad switch. Now my question is do you think I should keep the new mobo/cpu or just stick with my current setup? I've been running XBMCbuntu but recently converted to OpenELEC.
I guess the question to ask yourself is if you satisfied with the performance of the Zotac ION Atom N230.
True, that's what I've been thinking to myself as well . I'm just wondering how much faster the menus will be I guess. I don't really have any complaints on my current setup but I only paid $90 for the new one and it came with 8GB ram for free. Have you used both before?
Haven't used either, so I'll have to defer to others to offer real-world experiences with these. However, if the $90 isn't a big deal to you and if you can redeploy the Zotac for some other use, then just proceed with your plan. Sometimes you don't need to fully "justify" your purchasing decisions, especially if it's for your hobby/enjoyment. Wink
A ssd could speed up the menus.
I would keep the Zotac if it plays everything you want and is fast enough in the menus. If you

I don't plan on upgrading my Atom/Ion systems until I require HEVC playback. A Celeron 847 would not be enough so I would need to upgrade again anyway.
Just an update. I went ahead and put in the board and ran openelec with it. Well worth the money just for future forum browsers with the same question.
I still like and use daily my passive Atom/ION 330- 2GB RAM - 40GB SSD with the latest OE 3.1.3.
(2013-07-18, 15:58)live4ever Wrote: I still like and use daily my passive Atom/ION 330- 2GB RAM - 40GB SSD with the latest OE 3.1.3.

Mine was the 230 and while it was perfectly acceptable it did need a little extra oomph, I wish I had spent the money before and went with the 330. The only reason I even ordered anything new though was because I thought my lan port was bad. Either way, they blow my ATV2 with xbmc out of the water. That thing is slow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atom N230, should I upgrade?0