XBMCbuntu no HDMI audio
Hi guys,
Been running Windows Media Centre for ages and been happy with it until someone suggested XBMC, tried an install of it within windows and it worked fine, however i thought why not just run it on Ubuntu and have a system that's a bit more responsive as I've been getting slowdown..

All good in theory, but for whatever reason I don't seem to be able to get sound over HDMI, I can get analog in a fashion, just need to tweak the speaker setups as it trying to play to speakers that aren't there but that's not my issue..

I've been into alsamixer and checked the auto mute isn't on but that about my limit as far as checking stuff goes..

AMD 4050e
2gb ram
Shuttle SN68PTG5
NVIDIA 7050/630a chipset

Anyone any clues?
I am no expert but from trial and error under setting for Audio there are setting for DTS, Dolby and TrueHD. If the source cannot convert any of those and you have it selected then what you will end up with is no audio and maybe poor video performance.

I am running HDMI to an LG Monitor with Openelec and I had no adio until I turned off all of the above. Of course a monitor does not decode DTS Smile

Your setting have to match your hardware in Linux unlike Windows turn it all on and if it doesn't decode it will choose the correct format.
Gave up, went back to windows 7 with xbmc on top, works fine now...
Would of thought it would of been a semi simple setup/driver thing, hardly uncommon hardware surprised it didn't work out of the box tbh..
(2013-07-14, 20:07)Trig Wrote: Gave up, went back to windows 7 with xbmc on top, works fine now...
Would of thought it would of been a semi simple setup/driver thing, hardly uncommon hardware surprised it didn't work out of the box tbh..

Trig. I just went through the same thing. Built a new system with a gigabyte brix. Tried Ubuntu+XBMC and had no audio. Then OpenElec which worked really well but could not get the system to wake from the usb remote. Now running win7 and everything works as it should.

I might suggest you try OpenElec - that was by far simpler then ubuntu and you do not have to install it, just run it "Live" off of a jump drive so you can see if it works. Like I said above, if it wasnt for the remote thing it would have used it - it may work better for you since you have different hardware.

Ernie
Theres a plugin for the Win version that allows you to map the remote I have, it did just work straight out though on XBMCBuntu but at the end fo the day sounds a bit more important than remote :lol:

If I can do a live drive and make sure it works then I might just do that to test it and then go from there..
Moved to general support

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu no HDMI audio0