Solved XbmcRemote
I just downloaded this from the Apple Store.

It says It's the official remote app for Xbmc.

Has anyone tried it? Is it good?

Also It asks for some server info - "New XBMC Server"

Host / Port / TCP port.
Mac Address
Where do I find this info for the app?

Also it asks for username and password. I don't have a UN or PW for XBMC - or do I just make one up?
(2013-07-13, 02:52)Fennec Wrote: I just downloaded this from the Apple Store.

It says It's the official remote app for Xbmc.

Has anyone tried it? Is it good?
I moved this thread to the correct subforum (it has nothing to do with Windows)

Quote:Also It asks for some server info - "New XBMC Server"

Host / Port / TCP port.
Mac Address
Where do I find this info for the app?
This pertains to your XBMC system. You should a be able to obtain this via: System > System info > Network

Quote:Also it asks for username and password. I don't have a UN or PW for XBMC - or do I just make one up?
See section 3 here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Settings/Services
Still can't get this to work. Must be missing something simple -

1.) I turned on "remote control sends keyboard presses" in XBMC
2.) Activated wifi on iPhone ( I guess this matters ? )
3.) Gave my remote a description
4.) Host: port / TCP port - The first box is my IP address? Second box over is 8080? Third is 9090?
5.) UN and PW I just left default XBMC / XBMC
> Tried to "save" and connect. Didn't work. Tried to "Find XBMC" didn't work.
> Went to system > settings > internet access and played around with the stuff in there but still can't get it to work.

Ideas?

Edit: Tried a few more things -

Settings > Services
Launch XBMC and go to Settings > Networks
1.) Turned on UPnP
2.) Webserver > Turned on "Allow control of XBMC via HTTP"
Port 8080 / UN / PW XBMC
3.) Remote Control - Allow other users.
4.) Zeroconf - Announce these services to other systems via Zeroconf

Now when I click "Find XBMC" in the application - XBMC (Computer name) turns blue as does my IP address and 8080.
I click "Save" Click on XBMC (My PC) in the application and it says "Authentication Failed" "Incorrect Username or Password" "Check your settings"

Sigh... Spent like 2 hours on this so far >_>
Help greatly appreciated guys.

Edit: Ok, figured it out. There's such a very easy way to do this lol.
FENNEC - How did you get this to work? Am having the same problems of not getting the remote to connect and work.
(2013-11-15, 22:39)ktjensen Wrote: FENNEC - How did you get this to work?,,,

I love it when people go through the trouble of a lengthy explanation of their problem then come back with a hit and run, "Got it working", and don't bother explaining what made it work. Kind of defeats the purpose of the forum don't you think Huh
Intel Core i7 3.3Ghz | GTX 1660 | Windows 1909 | 8GB | 32TB RAID1
138" 2.35:1 Elite Lunette Curved Screen | Epson 6050ub Projector | Marantz SR-6014 | Emotiva XPA-11
yeah Fennec please explain how did you fix the issue. having the same problem..
Hey eko, I'm joining your club of having issues with this. Are you using a windows pc?

Edit* Figured it out, I was at the same point that the op described above where he was able to see that system on the iOS device, but was unable to connect. For some reason my PC decided that it wasn't going to allow any in/out connections from XBMC on a private/Home network.

From a 64bit windows 7 machine running windows firewall try this.
go to Control Panel --> System and Security --> Windows Firewall (Second option)
Click on the option on the left pane that says "Allow a program or......."
Scroll Down to the bottom of the list and verify that XBMC is allowed on the type of network that you are using (Home/Work or Public)
~*While this is specific to windows firewall the process would most likely be similar in any type of firewall. Don't quote me on that one, it is a very mildly educated guess.*~

I'm using XBMC version 12.3
This fix helped me out. Also when you are setting up the app if you don't change the username in the webserver tab or don't put in a password the username/password fields should be left blank on your iDevice. The username/password boxes in the app are for ones designated from the webserver tab within xbmc not windows password.
Pdizzleccc thanks for the reply. And yes it was the firewall. Using Win 8.1. Yes I knew the webserver user/pass was connected to the iDevice xbmc app user/pass. Thanks a ton !
I've been following this thread for a few days now, and perhaps I'm a bit less tech savvy than your average user. For some reason, I just can't figure this out. Perhaps there's a solution out there that I just don't understand. Can I tell you where I'm at and if anyone can give me an idea (in dumb people words) that'd be helpful...thanks:

-Using XBMC Frodo 12.0 on my PC
-Recently downloaded "Official XBMC Remote" for iOS
-On my XBMC program in PC, I've gone into settings, services, made all the dots blue in UPnP, webserver (and did not change username/password), remote control, zeroconf, and airplay (except use password protection)
-In my XBMC remote on iOS, I've added a host, plugged in my IP address, and the username/password match what is in XBMC webserver. The app found my XBMC program.
-within the app, when I click any of the commands (listen to music, watch your movies, watch your tv shows, etc) nothing is in there.
-when I use as a remote control, it works. I can look at my PC and the remote control performs actions on the PC

I've also looked at the windows firewall programs allowed. XBMC was allowed on a home network, so I also allowed it on a public network.

Any suggestions? I'm guessing there's something obvious I'm missing, so I appreciate any advice. Thanks!
I am using the same remote on my iPad, has anyone figured out how to add favourites?
Hi all,
I'm posting in this thread because it is directly related to my issue, so I thought it would be better than to open a new thread.

So here it goes:

I'm trying to use either XbmcRemote/Constellation to control XBMC on a living room mini-pc machine via my iPhone 5.
I'm using static ip's on my network LAN. The mini-pc's ip is 10.0.0.2 and is connected via wifi.

Currently neither apps will even detect my XBMC instance.

on XbmcRemote I have entered all possible details:
ip, port/tcp port, MAC address, username (empty), password (empty).

iOS version: 7.0.4

In Windows Firewall: Inbound + Outbound ports 8888,9090 are allowed.

XBMC version: Frodo 12.3
On Services -> Web Server: Allow control of XBMC via HTTP - ON
Port: 8888
UN: <empty>
PWD: <empty>

On the mini-pc when using Chrome to go to: http://10.0.0.2:8888, the web server is up and running., but when trying to access it from any other pc/device on the network, the page is not found.
I've installed WireShark and tried capturing the attempt on port 8888, but nothing was detected when I tried connecting to it, neither from my desktop PC nor from my iPhone 5.

I thought maybe my router is blocking the ports, so I added a port forwarding rule for TCP/UDP on ports 8888 and 9090.

Still the situation is the same, no detection of the XBMC instance by the remote control apps whatsoever.

I would very much appreciate any ideas as mine are starting to run out.

Thanks in advance!
XBMC settings:

home -> services -> remote control
Allow programs on this system to control the XBMC (X)
Allow programs on other systems to control the XBMC (X)

home -> services -> webserver
Allow control of XBMC via HTTP (x)
Port: 8080
Username: xbmc
Password: 222
Web interface: Default

home -> services -> Zeroconf
Announce these services to other systems via Zeroconf (x) <- would not work without this enabled

Ipod touch settings:

Fill out the ip address of the xbmc server: 192.168.1.120
Fill out the username: xbmc
Fill out the password: 222
I ignored the mac address.

Search for your network, press save, and click the ipaddress and hostmask to connect.
Wink 
Hi,

I had the same problem, it would work with my Firewall Mcaffee when off. It would not even work once i added the exception to the firewall to allow all inbound and outbound connections on all ports.

I search online "TCP port for McAffe" and the official website of the software suggested me port TCP 80, I setted that port in the connection settings of Kore with the other parameters and it is working now with my firewall.

Which is pretty cool like this software is Smile

I also usually only read and not post.

Thanks
Bye
Fabri

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XbmcRemote0