• 126(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Your'e right, everyone should read through 1875 posts rather than you just taking the moment to add the link in the first post. This is a forum, not your front porch. He asked a question and I provided an answer. If you take issue with people being condescending towards you perhaps you should try not to be towards them first.
(2013-12-27, 21:56)redhalo Wrote: Your'e right, everyone should read through 1875 posts rather than you just taking the moment to add the link in the first post. This is a forum, not your front porch. He asked a question and I provided an answer. If you take issue with people being condescending towards you perhaps you should try not to be towards them first.

You've had a chip on your shoulder toward me for awhile, I don't' get you... I'm no saint but if your going to call me out... Do it when i'm at least wrong!!

I've spent countless hours writing and updating the first three posts, and answering question in extreme detail so when a "noob" does his diligence and search's this thread with that neat little button "search thread" all their answers are at their fingertips. I don't expect anyone to read all the pages, but a simple search for "log" or "debug" would have yielded his answer!!.. but you except some type of special service...

You should judge less on the negative and more on the positive... but then again you must be entitled to this special service!

I except one thing from a user at any technical level!! read first, ask second!!

When I was a noob, I would have been excited at the opportunity i'm trying to give users by having complete input on features being added, and technical support directly from the Dev... but I would never sh#t on the opportunity to ask how to send a log!! Not speaking to you directly chrixod, you just got thrown in the middle!!

I'm always willing to squash issues... so its in your court!!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Look man, the only chip is that this is a great piece of software and the one thing that seems to be getting in the way is your elitism. I'm not saying people shouldn't read or research thier issues first, but there's no need to talk down to everyone that is new to this. You have to admit, this isn't the most user friendly software to use.

I know you want a lot of logs and a lot of users to fine tune the bugs, but people get insulted and turn away from PTVL. I'm just suggesting you rethink your approach, like putting log instructions in the OP as I've said before. Searching may narrow down the thread, but hundreds of posts of other peoples logs rather than the answer still turns people away as well.

As for a chip. I only pointed out your hostility the first time I wrote to you and got put on an "FU" list in your readme and ignored. Classy. Since then I have politely inquired about bugs and functionality, offered input, and assisted a skinner on compliance with your addon. But it doesn't matter anyways, you'd just rather be in the dark rather than improving upon PTVL.
I'm sorry to have started a row. I really love PTV, and wanted to move to PTV live for youtube integration., I did search logs, I couldn't see any help in this thread. Now I'm assuming you meant the whole of xbmc.org Which I didn't do. I had a power cut while I was installing Xbmc Log uploader. Now it wont install and I feel like I'm two steps backwards, LOL

This is my log, I hope http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=102467
(2013-12-27, 22:23)redhalo Wrote: Look man, the only chip is that this is a great piece of software and the one thing that seems to be getting in the way is your elitism. I'm not saying people shouldn't read or research thier issues first, but there's no need to talk down to everyone that is new to this. You have to admit, this isn't the most user friendly software to use.

I know you want a lot of logs and a lot of users to fine tune the bugs, but people get insulted and turn away from PTVL. I'm just suggesting you rethink your approach, like putting log instructions in the OP as I've said before. Searching may narrow down the thread, but hundreds of posts of other peoples logs rather than the answer still turns people away as well.

As for a chip. I only pointed out your hostility the first time I wrote to you and got put on an "FU" list in your readme and ignored. Classy. Since then I have politely inquired about bugs and functionality, offered input, and assisted a skinner on compliance with your addon. But it doesn't matter anyways, you'd just rather be in the dark rather than improving upon PTVL.

There is no elitism, I just have no patience for users who post over and over again asking the same questions over and over and over again...
Do you think this topic would be so large if users didn't ask the same question over and over again?

Its easy for you to pass criticism because you don't come here daily and read every post!!
While I read every post... and have to weed out what is user error or an actual bug!! (which I don't mind, but should I really have to waste my time requesting a log or explaining how to?)

Its honestly turned from an enjoyable hobby, to a job!! why? because users don't do their part!!
Asking questions that have been answered or explained in a lengthy three part post!! Some flat out ask a question on top of the answer their searching for, not even reading the post above theirs!!

Its no shocker why almost every good plugin is abandoned or the Dev never replies back... do you really want that to happen here?
if me being labeled a D#*k means that posts here will include a log, SO BE IT!!

This topic is labeled "PsuedoTV Live" not "How do I do this or that" do you really feel the proper place to ask basic xbmc setup is here? now if you have a problem with my plugin there is no dumb question, I will answer anything twice!! after that you need to search the posts, most of which are updated after a good question is asked!!

You're on the FU list because U jumped in on something you weren't a part of... go back and read those post from the beginning!! do you really think what you said was warranted?

Well my time was wasted, no BCT's today... this was a good uses of my time...

"I'd rather be in the dark then improve my addon" WTF you really come away with that!! in the dark how? what is it i'm missing? what relevant information am I missingHuh
It was just a mis understanding I thought ptv live had its own logs. Love the program and im happy to donate if it makes life easier for you.
(2013-12-27, 19:19)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm going to be removing any planned features to support "livestream" thestreamdb.xml source lists... XBMC OPs deem this content piracy, and they are closing plugin threads that support those lists...

Any suggestions for a replacement feature are welcome...

Luna, sorry I don't understand what you mean here and just now figured out what the thestreamdb.xml is. Are you removing all Livestream support from PTVL or Autotuning from thestreamdb.xml?
(2013-12-27, 17:35)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-12-27, 17:00)ARYEZ Wrote:
Quote:also, is it possible to replace guide data for channels that display a continuous "Three Dots ..."? as an example, the Movie Trailers Channel. Can the guide be made to just say "Currenlty in Theaters" of "coming soon"

Select the option "hide very short videos and set it to 360...that will make The trailers channel display a single continuous bar that says the name of the channel.

I use it for trailers and music videos...much cleaner then all the ...'s IMO.

@ ARYEZ Are u still noticing EPG slow downs only when hide short is enabled?

Hey I just got out work and saw this...Ill check it out when I get home. I built a new server on Christmas and everything runs about 1000% smoother. It's possible that the "hide short videos" slowdown was happening on my end, so I'll test it out and let you know what I find.
I can not get Youtube to work.
Here is my log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=102497
And here is how my settings2.xml is set up http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=102498

What am I doing wrong? ;(
is anyone else having issues with TV Show Smart Playlists? I read something to make sure mine was set to TV Shows and not Episodes, which it is. I created a smart playlist of 4 shows for a custom channel, I cannot get the channel to load at all. The shows are showing in the smart playlist, but the channel does not exist when I use the Custom Playlist option.
(2013-12-28, 01:13)baken1925 Wrote: is anyone else having issues with TV Show Smart Playlists? I read something to make sure mine was set to TV Shows and not Episodes, which it is. I created a smart playlist of 4 shows for a custom channel, I cannot get the channel to load at all. The shows are showing in the smart playlist, but the channel does not exist when I use the Custom Playlist option.

You want it set to Episodes, not TV Shows.
(2013-12-28, 00:13)Indy_star Wrote:
(2013-12-27, 19:19)Lunatixz Wrote: I'm going to be removing any planned features to support "livestream" thestreamdb.xml source lists... XBMC OPs deem this content piracy, and they are closing plugin threads that support those lists...

Any suggestions for a replacement feature are welcome...

Luna, sorry I don't understand what you mean here and just now figured out what the thestreamdb.xml is. Are you removing all Livestream support from PTVL or Autotuning from thestreamdb.xml?

Yes, XBMC considers it piracy...

(2013-12-28, 01:13)baken1925 Wrote: is anyone else having issues with TV Show Smart Playlists? I read something to make sure mine was set to TV Shows and not Episodes, which it is. I created a smart playlist of 4 shows for a custom channel, I cannot get the channel to load at all. The shows are showing in the smart playlist, but the channel does not exist when I use the Custom Playlist option.

You should be using episode not TV shows
(2013-12-28, 01:00)chrixod Wrote: I can not get Youtube to work.
Here is my log http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=102497
And here is how my settings2.xml is set up http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=102498

What am I doing wrong? ;(

I may have broke youtube... looking into it now...

::UPDATE::
I was in the middle of adding BCT's before, since I was side tracked. I left some bad code lingering around...
Youtube should be working now; either download latest master or just this updated file...
https://github.com/Lunatixz/script.pseud...nelList.py
(2013-12-28, 02:17)Lunatixz Wrote:

I've actually been having the same problem and I do have the playlist set to 'Episodes'. Trying to play with a bit more now to see if I can narrow down why the channel isn't loading. I do see *a lot* of this in the logs:

Code:
16:41:52 T:2333993792   ERROR: close failed in file object destructor:
16:41:52 T:2333993792   ERROR: IOError
16:41:52 T:2333993792   ERROR: :
(2013-12-28, 02:45)bbaldino Wrote:
(2013-12-28, 02:17)Lunatixz Wrote:

I've actually been having the same problem and I do have the playlist set to 'Episodes'. Trying to play with a bit more now to see if I can narrow down why the channel isn't loading. I do see *a lot* of this in the logs:

Code:
16:41:52 T:2333993792   ERROR: close failed in file object destructor:
16:41:52 T:2333993792   ERROR: IOError
16:41:52 T:2333993792   ERROR: :

Why not post a log?
  • 126(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45