• 17(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2013-07-30, 19:29)saudagar Wrote:
(2013-07-29, 23:16)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-07-29, 22:43)henbone11 Wrote:
[quote='saudagar' pid='1473066' dateline='1375131396']
Dont know if its with me... but when i downloaded settings2.xml and merged with my existing file... blank screen comes up for PTV (which means error in file).. so i replaced my file with settings2.xml as-is.. still i get same result.. do i need to massage the file before i can use?

You should delete your cache folder when switching or making major changes to your settings2.xml

I cleaned cache etc.. still same issue. When i added it channel by channel, i can see the issue of not able to parse the xml happens when i have the rtmp channel... if i remove this type of channel then the settings2.xml works fine... any idea why me only?

<setting id="Channel_973_2" value="rtmp://edge.isearch.to/edge playpath=pe94wt2bo03n4rt swfUrl=http://player.ilive.to/player_ilive_2.swf pageUrl=http://www.ilive.to/embedplayer.php?width=480&height=360&channel=45208&autoplay=true live=1 timeout=15" />

Ok so r u saying u had to remove rtmp from every channel within the xml by deleting it every line it appears?

Lunatixs:

As u saw before my log showed no kind of issues yet when xbmc gets to the end of locking in channels it crashes, can i post a log from my mac instead of xbmc?

Also would u mind if i posted a video of what happens when i load the file?
(2013-07-30, 18:29)Lunatixz Wrote: No plans for adding touch

Fair enough. Thank you
(2013-07-30, 19:41)j2048b Wrote:
(2013-07-29, 23:16)Lunatixz Wrote: You should delete your cache folder when switching or making major changes to your settings2.xml

I cleaned cache etc.. still same issue. When i added it channel by channel, i can see the issue of not able to parse the xml happens when i have the rtmp channel... if i remove this type of channel then the settings2.xml works fine... any idea why me only?

<setting id="Channel_973_2" value="rtmp://edge.isearch.to/edge playpath=pe94wt2bo03n4rt swfUrl=http://player.ilive.to/player_ilive_2.swf pageUrl=http://www.ilive.to/embedplayer.php?width=480&height=360&channel=45208&autoplay=true live=1 timeout=15" />

Ok so r u saying u had to remove rtmp from every channel within the xml by deleting it every line it appears?

Lunatixs:

As u saw before my log showed no kind of issues yet when xbmc gets to the end of locking in channels it crashes, can i post a log from my mac instead of xbmc?

Also would u mind if i posted a video of what happens when i load the file?

If you're telling me it's having problems parsing your settings2.xml; PTVL will generate a debug log that can help me.
Your previous log indicated that PTVL wasn't even starting correctly so no helpful debug info was added. There are only two possible reasons for your last log, you have LiveTV enabled and no xmltv selected or your missing setting info which is why you need to enter settings at least once before running.

Let me ask you is PTVL building fine without adding Scilz settings2.xml?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Video 
Luna...

Yeas i just installed ptv again, it loads fine and gives me vevotv and sky news!

And when i delete the cache folder and load scilz settings2, it loads and locks the channels and then says rule 1, and waits 3 seconds and crashes

Im gonna try and add videos of both, it working and after i try to load scilz settings file with the subsequent crash after

PTVL WORKING FINE AFTER INITIAL INSTAL, AND SETTINGS CHECK

AFTER INSTALLING SCILZ SETTINGS
(2013-07-30, 19:39)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-07-29, 23:16)Lunatixz Wrote: You should delete your cache folder when switching or making major changes to your settings2.xml

I don't see a log......
Sorry... here's snippet of log file:

4:24:35 T:9948 DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-Channel: Added rule - Rename Channel to VevoTV
14:24:35 T:9948 DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: runActions 1 on channel 900
14:24:35 T:9948 DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-FileAccess: trying to open C:\Users\srivasab\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.pseudotv.live\settings2.xml
14:24:35 T:9948 DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: makeChannelList 900
14:24:35 T:9948 DEBUG: script.pseudotv.live-ChannelList: Building InternetTV Channel 5400 rtmp://vevohp2livefs.fplive.net:1935/vevohp2live-live/ playpath=stream2272000 swfUrl=http://cache.vevo.com/livepassdl.conviva.com/ver/2.64.0.68610/LivePassModuleMain_osmf.swf...
14:24:35 T:9948 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError'>
Error Contents: not well-formed (invalid token): line 217, column 50
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\srivasab\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\lib\Overlay.py", line 174, in onInit
if self.readConfig() == False:
File "C:\Users\srivasab\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\lib\Overlay.py", line 254, in readConfig
self.channels = self.channelList.setupList()
File "C:\Users\srivasab\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 115, in setupList
self.setupChannel(i + 1, False, makenewlists, False)
File "C:\Users\srivasab\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 396, in setupChannel
if self.makeChannelList(channel, chtype, chsetting1, chsetting2, chsetting3, chsetting4, append) == True:
File "C:\Users\srivasab\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 570, in makeChannelList
fileList = self.buildInternetTVFileList(setting1, setting2, setting3, setting4, channel)
File "C:\Users\srivasab\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.pseudotv.live-master\resources\lib\ChannelList.py", line 1433, in buildInternetTVFileList
event, root = context.next()
File "D:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 937, in next
self._parser.feed(data)
File "D:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py", line 1245, in feed
self._parser.Parse(data, 0)
ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 217, column 50
-->End of Python script error report<--
14:24:36 T:6568 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogProgress.xml) ------
14:24:36 T:636 DEBUG: ### [Qlock] - Delaying 3 secs
@saudagar, Please edit your post, remove snippet and post full log on pastebin... is this with default generated settings2.xml? are you outside the U.S.?

@j2048b, I don't support problems using the preconfigured settings2.xml...

There is a growing problem with users having difficulty getting scliz settings2.xml to work correctly (User error/Dead Links).
If PTVL is working fine with the default settings2.xml it's a clear indication where the problem is, and you're responsible for fixing it...

My program works (out of the box) It's up to the user to configure it correctly. I can't help each user configure there set up, its up to you! which is why I spent a lot of time writing the first three posts...

Right now i'm left with two choices; Remove this helpful file, and leave users responsible for building their own.
Or ask politely if your using scliz settings2.xml, Please don't post your problems!!

If however when using the default generated settings2.xml or your custom built list with known working feeds... feel free to post...
(2013-07-30, 20:28)Lunatixz Wrote: @saudagar, Please edit your post, remove snippet and post full log on pastebin... is this with default generated settings2.xml?

There is a growing problem with users having difficulty getting scliz settings2.xml to work correctly (User error/Dead Links).
If PTVL is working fine with the default settings2.xml it's a clear indication where the problem is, and you're responsible for fixing it...
My program works, but your not configuring it correctly... sorry I can't help each user configure there set up, its up to you which is why I spent a lot of time writing the first three posts...
Which leaves me only two choices; Remove this helpful file, and leave users responsible for building their own.
Or ask politely if your using this settings2.xml and you're having problems getting PseudoTV Live working,
Please don't post your problems!! If however when using the default generated settings2.xml or your custom list feel free to post...

for me... PTVL works fine without using settings2.xml posted in initial posts...

For error above.. i see in settings2.xml was using & .. which is special character for xml.. so i removed it it went fine.. but it keeps on failing on "some" not all rtmp links... which i dont understand why..

I appreciate your efforts.. and understand you dont want to spend time w/out logs and other details... can you modify one of the initial posts
and specify requirements and procedure to updload the log file? i looked at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy for the process.. but problem with PTVL is once it fails we cannot move to another screen usually i kill the xbmc session and next session log should probably append and can be uploaded. I will do so and paste the link.. in case you are interested in fixing with settings2.xml from scilz?

I am using win7/xbmc 12.2

Update: Just checked when i restart XBMC, it restarts the log so next session log is not useful.. should i upload log to site like mediafire etc?
Lunatixz,
understandable.. ill see what i can do when time permits.. just mind boggeling to me why his 65 year old dads works fine, and i cant get mine to work at all? ill try some stuff and see what i can do, i posted videos above just in case someone had the time to look at them?
(2013-07-30, 20:48)saudagar Wrote:
(2013-07-30, 20:28)Lunatixz Wrote: @saudagar, Please edit your post, remove snippet and post full log on pastebin... is this with default generated settings2.xml?

My program works, but your not configuring it correctly... sorry I can't help each user configure there set up, its up to you which is why I spent a lot of time writing the first three posts...
Which leaves me only two choices; Remove this helpful file, and leave users responsible for building their own.
Or ask politely if your using this settings2.xml and you're having problems getting PseudoTV Live working,
Please don't post your problems!! If however when using the default generated settings2.xml or your custom list feel free to post...

for me... PTVL works fine without using settings2.xml posted in initial posts...

For error above.. i see in settings2.xml was using & .. which is special character for xml.. so i removed it it went fine.. but it keeps on failing on "some" not all rtmp links... which i dont understand why..

I appreciate your efforts.. and understand you dont want to spend time w/out logs and other details... can you modify one of the initial posts
and specify requirements and procedure to updload the log file? i looked at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy for the process.. but problem with PTVL is once it fails we cannot move to another screen usually i kill the xbmc session and next session log should probably append and can be uploaded. I will do so and paste the link.. in case you are interested in fixing with settings2.xml from scilz?

I am using win7/xbmc 12.2

Update: Just checked when i restart XBMC, it restarts the log so next session log is not useful.. should i upload log to site like mediafire etc?

Don't worry about the log... I will post the correct info for posting logs... I don't need yours since we know it works, just not with someone elses settings2.xml...

Hope you are able to configure your own settings so that you can enjoy the program...
After hit and trial.. i think there were only 10-15 channels that i needed to remove from scilz list and removed & from 2-3 channels... the settings2.xml loads correctly. I can share the modified version of scilz'z xml.. in case someone is interested
Id love to see what u have taken out in hopes of it helping me
(2013-07-30, 21:01)saudagar Wrote: After hit and trial.. i think there were only 10-15 channels that i needed to remove from scilz list and removed & from 2-3 channels... the settings2.xml loads correctly. I can share the modified version of scilz'z xml.. in case someone is interested

up to you... I encourage sharing info...
all 100 channels worked last time i updated the xml. i know there is like 10-15 down now but the ones with & in them worked for me.
example 923 msnbc has & in it and i just checked it works. and the ones that are offline will most likely be back on later or tomorrow thats why i gave up on removing them. i found myself adding them back the next day not even knowing they where the same ones. there is no way to keep all channels up 100% of the time unless i remove all of the popular ones. 98% of them do come back on tho and its a few hours later most of the time.
(2013-07-30, 21:03)j2048b Wrote: Id love to see what u have taken out in hopes of it helping me

(2013-07-30, 21:28)scilz Wrote: all 100 channels worked last time i updated the xml. i know there is like 10-15 down now but the ones with & in them worked for me.
example 923 msnbc has & in it and i just checked it works. and the ones that are offline will most likely be back on later or tomorrow thats why i gave up on removing them. i found myself adding them back the next day not even knowing they where the same ones. there is no way to keep all channels up 100% of the time unless i remove all of the popular ones. 98% of them do come back on tho and its a few hours later most of the time.

I have placed modified version of scilz's xml at : https://www.dropbox.com/s/odv14x9mhk8ebtp/settings2.xml
If someone wants to check this one.
no go for me! i need to switch to lion and install xbmc and see if this still happens? something is def wrong on my end of the software... im running a mac by the way...
wanted to get this working before i muddle up my openelec builds but i guess ill switch to lion and see what happens!
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45