• 5(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Its out. Beta at least
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
newbie qtn... I followed the steps.. and i on windows 7/ 12.2 frodo i can launch pseudo tv.. When Pseudo TV starts.. by default it runs the 'Heart TV'.. how can i see other internet TV's which are configured in settings2.xml.. i see that there is sky news hd, and MTV live as well.. but i dont know on windows how to access the guide.

(I had never used the old PTV)
press enter to access the guide
(2013-07-19, 17:16)saudagar Wrote: newbie qtn... I followed the steps.. and i on windows 7/ 12.2 frodo i can launch pseudo tv.. When Pseudo TV starts.. by default it runs the 'Heart TV'.. how can i see other internet TV's which are configured in settings2.xml.. i see that there is sky news hd, and MTV live as well.. but i dont know on windows how to access the guide.

To access the guide hit "enter" on your keyboard or select "ok" on your mce remote.

To access info screen hit "i" on your keyboard or "info" on your mce remote.

Change channels using "up" "down" on your keyboard or Channel "up / down" on your mce remote.

If you have any suggests on how I could make the instructions clearer let me know... Never thought of adding information for ppl who never used PTV b4 Tongue
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2013-07-19, 17:31)scilz Wrote: press enter to access the guide
:0 tks.. worked
and my settings2 is working 100% i may have uploaded the wrong one here is the one directly from my ptvlive folder it works and ill be adding strms and taking down any that stop working daily

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kx3uy1gyiqossp/settings2.xml

saudagar are the internet strms working for you?
(2013-07-19, 03:50)spyder Wrote: Tried this out, updated librtmp, tried Scilz settings2 file, channels were built, but when PTV Live started I got a blank screen. I got navigation sounds, tried to escape, but I had to force close xbmc. I tried a few things, but only got it working after disabling internet streams. I am thinking maybe I'm missing an addon one of the streams uses, but I thought I'd get an error, or be able to change channels or view the guide. Does Scilz settings2 file need a set of addons to work?

no plugins are needed for this settings2 file. try the new link i think i uploaded the wrong one the other day. and i plan on making another settings2 file that does use justintv and veetle plugins later
I just checked all the dropbox links all those settings2 are dead... not talking about links working... talking about something wrong with file structure that is causing ptv not to load. the smallest mistake will cause list not to work... which is why i'm trying to add in ptv channel managers for livetv and internettv...
(2013-07-19, 17:33)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-07-19, 17:16)saudagar Wrote: newbie qtn... I followed the steps.. and i on windows 7/ 12.2 frodo i can launch pseudo tv.. When Pseudo TV starts.. by default it runs the 'Heart TV'.. how can i see other internet TV's which are configured in settings2.xml.. i see that there is sky news hd, and MTV live as well.. but i dont know on windows how to access the guide.

To access the guide hit "enter" on your keyboard or select "ok" on your mce remote.

To access info screen hit "i" on your keyboard or "info" on your mce remote.

Change channels using "up" "down" on your keyboard or Channel "up / down" on your mce remote.

If you have any suggests on how I could make the instructions clearer let me know... Never thought of adding information for ppl who never used PTV b4 Tongue

Some of the plugins ex: Mashup etc will show information dialog before launching plugin.. (probably) only 1st time... It may be good idea to cover their.. But right now you would be busy with all users qtns.. since its released just now. Great work.

One more suggestion: If settings2.xml is incorrect (for any reason) then the screen comes black.. and what i am doing is removing my changes from xml. It will be better if some error is thrown for user to understand ex: tag name which has the issue so that one knows where the problem is.

Another suggestion: Some plugins like Livestream can show from http links as well as rmtp links.. I am using one of the livestream xmls and trying to move it to PTV-Live for indian channels, and came across this.
rmtp should work fine and is in post 2... i'll look into other stuff when i get free time

I encourage you to sharing your settings2.xml after you setup your internet feeds Smile

BTW Final version will automatically build channels off livestreams XML files...
@Lunatixz Question for you. If there is a 24x7 link, what is the right syntax to specify the link? Cause some links play only in the following format strm/live streams addon:
rrtmpxxxx playpath=xxxxx swfUrl=xxxx.swf live=true pageUrl=xxxx.html/php timeout=10

I tried one, Pseudo live doesnt seem to like it. Any suggestions?
Click on the + sign below If I have helped you
ptv uses a string not url in settings2.xml... so you need to enter the link as is (spaces and odd formatting included).. As long as the link normally plays in xbmc then it will be played in ptv... just test outside of ptv first to avoid crashes.

so just make sure
value = "rrtmpxxxx playpath=xxxxx swfUrl=xxxx.swf live=true pageUrl=xxxx.html/php timeout=10"

also make sure your running latest upload from this afternoon... had a small typo in the code that really messed things up...
Thanks for responding. I tried it on last night's build, I will try it again against the latest build.
One more question/suggestion/request. Is it possible to put the settings2.xml in a different folder?
The reason I am asking is, I use the same setup on a different machines, some are not in the same network. Initially setup is not a problem, copy paste will do it. But more from a maintenance point of view. If I could place the settings2.xml in a local dropbox folder, that will be freakin sweet. Is it possible?
(2013-07-19, 20:34)Lunatixz Wrote: ptv uses a string not url in settings2.xml... so you need to enter the link as is (spaces and odd formatting included).. As long as the link normally plays in xbmc then it will be played in ptv... just test outside of ptv first to avoid crashes.

so just make sure
value = "rrtmpxxxx playpath=xxxxx swfUrl=xxxx.swf live=true pageUrl=xxxx.html/php timeout=10"

also make sure your running latest upload from this afternoon... had a small typo in the code that really messed things up...
(2013-07-19, 20:49)alienhead95 Wrote: Thanks for responding. I tried it on last night's build, I will try it again against the latest build.
One more question/suggestion/request. Is it possible to put the settings2.xml in a different folder?
The reason I am asking is, I use the same setup on a different machines, some are not in the same network. Initially setup is not a problem, copy paste will do it. But more from a maintenance point of view. If I could place the settings2.xml in a local dropbox folder, that will be freakin sweet. Is it possible?
(2013-07-19, 20:34)Lunatixz Wrote: ptv uses a string not url in settings2.xml... so you need to enter the link as is (spaces and odd formatting included).. As long as the link normally plays in xbmc then it will be played in ptv... just test outside of ptv first to avoid crashes.

so just make sure

As for different folders that will never be a feature.
You could try a symbolic link to dropbox... can't say I've ever tried it... Don't see why it wouldn't work
!!but you can't run two ptv's on two different systems at the same time using one settings2.xml!!, it would be like a nuke went off!)

When channel sharing is fulling working for my mods, it will sync all feeds.

As for multiple XBMC instances with or without PTV my best advice is to designate a server.

My setup has a server with mysql db, all local media and also all strm files and the xbmc sources.xml configuration file including any custom playlists (this is important if you want to share ptv with other instances).
On your server in the sources.xml you need everything to link to your server... all paths using your servers ip not hostnames).
On your clients use advancedsettings to pathsubstitute to ip location of source.xml and video playlists... and use mysql settings to server.

then your set to share to any clients including android, atv, etc...
Thanks. I am not looking to use the same settings2.xml. I just want to keep them in sync, so i can publish the changes to all audiences without having to manually update each and every file.
I guess I will go with symbolic link. Thanks for the suggestions. Really appreciate it.
(2013-07-19, 21:18)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2013-07-19, 20:49)alienhead95 Wrote: Thanks for responding. I tried it on last night's build, I will try it again against the latest build.

so just make sure

As for different folders that will never be a feature.
You could try a symbolic link to dropbox... can't say I've ever tried it... Don't see why it wouldn't work
!!but you can't run two ptv's on two different systems at the same time using one settings2.xml!!, it would be like a nuke went off!)

When channel sharing is fulling working for my mods, it will sync all feeds.

As for multiple XBMC instances with or without PTV my best advice is to designate a server.

My setup has a server with mysql db, all local media and also all strm files and the xbmc sources.xml configuration file including any custom playlists (this is important if you want to share ptv with other instances).
On your server in the sources.xml you need everything to link to your server... all paths using your servers ip not hostnames).
On your clients use advancedsettings to pathsubstitute to ip location of source.xml and video playlists... and use mysql settings to server.

then your set to share to any clients including android, atv, etc...
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45