• 619(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
hi luna how can a addon developer (skin developer?) hide opening stream window to better integrate with ptvl you asked it here but bromix told me that he didnt change his yt plugin here

thank you
Luna did you have the opportunity to have a look at my issue posted in the bug report section
From which repo should you install FTV to get it working with Pseudo TV?
Here is "Simply" skin.It's a light skin containing just the basics.I updated from an old custom pseudo tv skin made by @Barney stinsen.
You can find it among with my other custom skins: https://github.com/tromyl

OVERLAY

EPG
autotune doesn't work anymore? i don't get any channels aside from my ustvnow ones
(2015-04-04, 16:21)Kalebbroo Wrote:
(2015-04-04, 15:36)stephendt Wrote: This Add-on is super cool, but I'm having two main issues:

1. The UI for PseudoTV live is totally different to the UI for the inbuilt PVR for Kodi. Why? Having to use two different UIs within the same program with their own way of working just seems silly, and confuses the hell out of my parents.
2. There doesn't appear to be any way to select or disable subtitles. Many of my TV shows and Movies have subtitles in various languages and it's very annoying that I can't change or disable them.

If anyone has any ideas on how to address these concerns I've love to hear them. Otherwise I might give it a miss for the sake of WAF.

You can set subtitle settings in the main Kodi settings. Or you can click the select button while watching a video and choose to disable subtitles each time.

I can't seem to find the select feature here. Outside of PSTV I can hit "m" and get the menu to change audio tracks and subtitle option but nothing happens when I hit "m" but a flash when in PSTV and a lot of my videos are playing commentary tracks instead of the regular track and I have not figured out how to switch it because shortcuts I have created for outside PSTV don't work in PSTV. Is there a list of shortcuts that work in PSTV...so far I know Play and Pause seem to work the same and "x" stops/exits for me. "s" brings up the shutdown dialog and "i" brings up info and enter takes you to he EPG. That's all I know.
(2015-04-12, 01:48)japes Wrote:
(2015-04-04, 16:21)Kalebbroo Wrote:
(2015-04-04, 15:36)stephendt Wrote: This Add-on is super cool, but I'm having two main issues:

1. The UI for PseudoTV live is totally different to the UI for the inbuilt PVR for Kodi. Why? Having to use two different UIs within the same program with their own way of working just seems silly, and confuses the hell out of my parents.
2. There doesn't appear to be any way to select or disable subtitles. Many of my TV shows and Movies have subtitles in various languages and it's very annoying that I can't change or disable them.

If anyone has any ideas on how to address these concerns I've love to hear them. Otherwise I might give it a miss for the sake of WAF.

You can set subtitle settings in the main Kodi settings. Or you can click the select button while watching a video and choose to disable subtitles each time.

I can't seem to find the select feature here. Outside of PSTV I can hit "m" and get the menu to change audio tracks and subtitle option but nothing happens when I hit "m" but a flash when in PSTV and a lot of my videos are playing commentary tracks instead of the regular track and I have not figured out how to switch it because shortcuts I have created for outside PSTV don't work in PSTV. Is there a list of shortcuts that work in PSTV...so far I know Play and Pause seem to work the same and "x" stops/exits for me. "s" brings up the shutdown dialog and "i" brings up info and enter takes you to he EPG. That's all I know.

You will need to use the keymap editor addon. You have to set the key as a global key in keymap editor to get it to work in PTVL. I have set the T key for subtitles and an unused key for audio. So although the T key will already enable subtitles while watching a video in Kodi normally, you will have to set it as a global key for it to work in PTVL. Same goes for audio.
(2015-04-03, 01:11)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-04-02, 23:28)locomot1f Wrote: peace @LuNaTiX,

thanks for this great add-on.

having trouble with the EPG and USTVNow.
I'm getting the error that:
Code:
Guide-data from ptvlguide is currently unavailable.

at first launch, i would get the error:
Code:
XMLTV Error: Improper Formatting

funny thing is, i could have sworn it was working -- just before the update.
not sure what all of this means.
thanks in advance for any help with this.

Do you have xmltv service enabled?
Try Misc/Clear system cache, then General/Force Channel Reset, Then re autotune ustvnow or verify each channel in the configuration manager.

okay, i'm getting this error again.
i've even gone so far as to remove the addon / and the user addon directory. started completely fresh, and it still gives me this error.

here's a log file: http://pastebin.com/DDrrJSAE

i also noticed that under the channel configs, it says:
Code:
IMPROPER FORMATING
for the Channel ID:
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Hey guys, this is my first skin for PseudoTV and XBMC, I'm a graphic designer so I'm trying to make it really clean and modern, I'm thinking I will go more with a material design (think Android phones & modern apps). Currently it is a work in progress but here it is so far.

Note: I've also used the theme suggestion in a few pages back for this idea, so hopefully it's something you all would enjoy.

My goals:
  • Provide all PSD (Photoshop) source files for the background screens so others can edit the colors
  • Create custom logos similar to the HBO one that match the EPG very well and provide PSD source files so you can make your own logos.

Also, this theme is being built using the BOX Kodi theme. I love the font on it and overall it's a very great skin that would go well with this.

Actually I do have some questions on skinning...

1-Is there anyway to change the font sizes in a PseudoTV Skin or is this setting 100% overridden by the KODI Theme?
2-Is there anyway to position the Time Bar on the guide?

Thanks!
Wow! that's a really great look!
Great job so far!
(2015-04-13, 07:26)krave Wrote: Hey guys, this is my first skin for PseudoTV and XBMC, I'm a graphic designer so I'm trying to make it really clean and modern, I'm thinking I will go more with a material design (think Android phones & modern apps). Currently it is a work in progress but here it is so far.

Thanks!

Where can we get the theme in its current state?
(2015-04-13, 19:15)reekotubbs Wrote:
(2015-04-13, 07:26)krave Wrote: Hey guys, this is my first skin for PseudoTV and XBMC, I'm a graphic designer so I'm trying to make it really clean and modern, I'm thinking I will go more with a material design (think Android phones & modern apps). Currently it is a work in progress but here it is so far.

Thanks!

Where can we get the theme in its current state?

You do not want it just yet, there is still work to be done on it and within a few days I'll have it available.

Present state of TV Guide screen:

And the SHOWINFO screen still hasn't been modified at all, it uses the default PTVL layout so I'm going to really focus on that tonight:

Here is my question to you all, do you like the Channel Icons / Listing Backgrounds from the original Pic I posted last night or the new ones in the above photo?
(2015-04-10, 01:23)phsyraxion Wrote:
(2015-04-08, 16:31)snesmaster40 Wrote:
(2015-04-08, 13:01)phsyraxion Wrote: I have one I am stumped with so hope someone can help.

All youtube channels that were working now do not load because I can see this in the LOG:

20:22:42 T:8016 ERROR: Unable to find plugin plugin.video.bromix.youtube
20:22:42 T:8016 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 28, path [plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/play/?video_id=Ka-Wu1jYY9U]

I have the youtube addon from the official Kodi repository and the version when I look is 5.1.0~beta7 (2015-04-06).

I have tried removing and installing youtube again as well as the addon data.

The addon is installed to: "plugin.video.youtube" but not sure that makes a difference.

Just not sure why it worked a few days ago and not now.

The latest version is 5.1.0~beta 8. I tested the video and it plays just fine, that update should fix it.

This has not fixed my issue

I opened the generated M3U playlists and they pointed to : plugin.video.bromix.youtube which does not exist. I installed the Bromix repository and installed the plugin from there instead of the Kodi repository and it still installed to plugin.video.youtube.

So I deleted all playlists and now I get nothing generated for any youtube playlists only local content.

I have been bothered by this behavior since Christmas that was when Helix was release and the Bromix plugin replace the old one and became the new official plugin. Back then I had install both the old plugin and Bromix Alpha 29, the last alpha before becaming the official one.

I update Kodi, install the new Youtube plugin, disable the alpha and my playlists didn't play no more. So I reenable the alpha and 4 months have gone by and I was more interested in my live channels (getting stable onesAngel) until I see you're inquiry. I decide today to make some tests. Like you, in the log appears to be looking for plugin.video.bromix.youtube and me having the plugin.video.youtube (version 5.09)

So I create a copy of one of my channels (a live latin music playlist) with the in-app configure channel script and now it plays!

The original channel was as follows :

Code:
<setting id="Channel_192_type" value="10" />
    <setting id="Channel_192_1" value="PL9BuVNK2yYCgopH1c6DS6tZhFyVZXvC_W" />
    <setting id="Channel_192_2" value="2" />
    <setting id="Channel_192_3" value="25" />
    <setting id="Channel_192_4" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_192_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_192_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_192_rule_1_opt_1" value="Live! 4" />
    <setting id="Channel_192_changed" value="False" />
    <setting id="Channel_192_time" value="165342" />

The new channel is as follows :

Code:
<setting id="Channel_200_type" value="10" />
    <setting id="Channel_200_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_200_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_200_rule_1_opt_1" value=" Live 4" />
    <setting id="Channel_200_1" value="PL9BuVNK2yYCgopH1c6DS6tZhFyVZXvC_W" />
    <setting id="Channel_200_2" value="Playlist" />
    <setting id="Channel_200_3" value="50" />
    <setting id="Channel_200_4" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_200_changed" value="False" />
    <setting id="Channel_200_time" value="942" />

Notice here that the old second rule value was 2, now it is "Playlist".

Hope it helps...
(2015-04-13, 19:34)krave Wrote: Here is my question to you all, do you like the Channel Icons / Listing Backgrounds from the original Pic I posted last night or the new ones in the above photo?

You seem to be asking us if we like the flat look versus the original more rounded look, am I correct in understanding? Personally I had a hard time finding the show with the new look but I'm not sure if that was just the choice of colors and where the show itself was in its playback time.
(2015-04-13, 19:34)krave Wrote: Here is my question to you all, do you like the Channel Icons / Listing Backgrounds from the original Pic I posted last night or the new ones in the above photo?

I personally like the rounded logo. I think the skin would, in my opinion, look better overall if the program description was moved to the right of the screen and the epg moved to the left.
  • 619(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45