• 629(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2015-05-13, 17:59)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-05-13, 16:55)mnjm9b Wrote: to be honest I too am experiencing a crippling slowdown with epg. however before I post any logs or request assistance I am currently trying to troubleshoot it myself.

I will either post my findings and hopefully help others with the same problem or
I will at least post my logs when I can no longer figure out the problem.

I don't doubt it... but no logs = no fix...
I just can't bring myself to ask for help until I try to fix it myself....

Kodi can be installed on anything from a super computer to a tin can...
Some of you have acquitted memory, others don't... Some of you use SSD drives, or modern HDD's; others don't even use class 10 flash!
just some dumb android stick and an android box.... but they worked great on prior versions.

I know the code in question...
overlay.py?

it just requires fine tuning... what fixes some users issues... creates issues with others.
I know that all too well...
after going through some history for epgwindow.py I decided to try adding back in the removed lines for def setArtwork1 &2
(if LOWPOWER == True...) etc...

and so far it seems to be dramatically better.

I will play with it for a bit and report back if it seems like a real fix.
(2015-05-13, 20:30)mnjm9b Wrote: after going through some history for epgwindow.py I decided to try adding back in the removed lines for def setArtwork1 &2

There is nothing to report back on, you are disabling artwork... if that's what you want you might as well install PseudoTV Lite.

Your not going to find a fix by backtracking... you are looking through obsolete code... LOWPOWER mode doesn't even exist in recent builds.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-05-13, 20:52)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-05-13, 20:30)mnjm9b Wrote: after going through some history for epgwindow.py I decided to try adding back in the removed lines for def setArtwork1 &2

There is nothing to report back on, you are disabling artwork... if that's what you want you might as well install PseudoTV Lite.

Your not going to find a fix by backtracking... you are looking through obsolete code... LOWPOWER mode doesn't even exist in recent builds.

yep, I just noticed that I wasn't getting artwork...

I only tried backtracking because it worked before (although I had artwork working before too...)

I tried PseudoTV Lite but it doesn't support a lot of what I am using.
(2015-05-13, 20:57)mnjm9b Wrote:
(2015-05-13, 20:52)Lunatixz Wrote:

I only tried backtracking because it worked before (although I had artwork working before too...)

hence the "Lite"... I've tweaked some code, so give the epg a try after the next update... if its still slow you really need to send me a log...
(2015-05-13, 21:02)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-05-13, 20:57)mnjm9b Wrote:
(2015-05-13, 20:52)Lunatixz Wrote: There is nothing to report back on, you are disabling artwork... if that's what you want you might as well install PseudoTV Lite.

hence the "Lite"... I've tweaked some code, so give the epg a try after the next update... if its still slow you really need to send me a log...

thanks...will do.
I am apparently in over my head with this.... but I like to try Smile
I found a bug. (I guess it's already known.. but wont hurt to check it again)
On plugin settings -> Channel configuration -> adding advance rule to a channel

When trying to add renaming rule and adding Not English name.
What happen it will save half of the name, It's seems that it has a really short length for name in other language except English.

I checked it with Hebrew, Can anyone verify it in his Add-on?

Kodi: 14.2
PseudoTV Live: latest version

Thanks!

REALLY GREAT ADD-ON!

will Donate soon Smile Nod
(2015-05-12, 18:33)7fever Wrote: Anyone running into issues with EPG locking you out during and after artwork spool for up to 5mins?

yes I had/have? this problem I clicked defaults in the PTVL setting disabled artwork and cleared all caches and it looks like it is working now...
(2015-05-13, 17:59)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-05-13, 16:55)mnjm9b Wrote: to be honest I too am experiencing a crippling slowdown with epg. however before I post any logs or request assistance I am currently trying to troubleshoot it myself.

I will either post my findings and hopefully help others with the same problem or
I will at least post my logs when I can no longer figure out the problem.

I don't doubt it... but no logs = no fix...

Kodi can be installed on anything from a super computer to a tin can...
Some of you have acquitted memory, others don't... Some of you use SSD drives, or modern HDD's; others don't even use class 10 flash!

I know the code in question... it just requires fine tuning... what fixes some users issues... creates issues with others.

Luna, I posted in the bug report section with logs and screenshot on the 8 April 2015 their has been two updates since I posted those logs and I still have no fix for my problem, I do appreciate all your hard work which is why when I have a problem I always post logs and screenshot. I just took down my logs and screenshot shortly after the last update came out. I figure if I still want any help I would have to post new logs but my problem remains the same for what ever reason I cannot get the in app manager to open in HELIX it works fine in GOTHAM and is lightning fast and this is on the same machine. Sad
My epg freezes every time it tries to load any new channels as I try and scroll down (KODI freezes up....can't even exit PTVL). I uploaded the log using the Kodi Log Uploader addon, but had to force reboot kodi, then use the addon to submit the log b/c of said freeze issue above. In other words, I'm not 100% sure it the link below is to the correct log.

KodiLogEPGfreeze1

Please let me know if this is in fact the wrong log, and I will find the file in the file browser and upload it w/out using the super useful (but not in this case) kodi log uploader addon.

thanks for all you do.
Has anyone had any luck with LiveTV channel types through PlayOn using either UPNP or PlayOn Browser Plugin?
i.e. I've tried adding Disney Channels live tv to PTVL and am not having any luck. UPNP channel isn't loading in EPG and PlayOn Browser Plugin seems to try to load and then exits PTVL when trying to load channel.
https://twitter.com/PseudoTV_Live/status...0691928064
(2015-05-16, 01:48)Lunatixz Wrote: https://twitter.com/PseudoTV_Live/status...0691928064

Looks good. I like the integration of on demand and addons into the epg. I feel like they fit cleaner into the epg as opposed to the info overlay as I believe they did originally.
Just wanted to say that I was experiencing the slow EPG and upon researching saw that EPG colors could be at fault. Once I turned off the colors, it was amazing how much better things got!

EDIT: I am aware that Lunatixz knows about and is doing what he can about the Youtube situation, already having been on record that the new API will require a rewrite. Has anyone done a postmortem while we wait for that of what is now broken and what can be used still along with options on how to temporarily replace some of what is now gone?

For instance is the Pseudo Theater part of what is broken? I am able to see the IMAX videos, a trailer, then a Welcome to our Theater video before I get a youtube message about invalid parameters--was that in relation to the trailers or some other video or was that in place of the movie that would run previously?

Is there a list somewhere of plugins that are still working and good to go?

I've gotten rid of most of the youtube listed options in autotune but most of the RSS feeds are failing for me too--were these also Youtube dependant?
(2015-05-16, 01:48)Lunatixz Wrote: https://twitter.com/PseudoTV_Live/status...0691928064

Looking good my friend. Can't wait to get it implemented into my Sky skin.
  • 629(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45