• 633(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Luna, is the OnDemand section currently a work in progress type thing? I tried to use it, but it just shows me the show info (I tried it with a show that I have in my Kodi Library) with no option to watch any episodes. So I'm just curious...

It looks awesome, by the way, I haven't looked at the xml files but will this be skinnable for other custom skins in the future?
(2015-05-23, 17:42)harpua1982 Wrote:
(2015-05-23, 17:16)snesmaster40 Wrote:
(2015-05-23, 16:40)harpua1982 Wrote: Great Job! PTVL EPG is lightning fast now on my end as well. Took a Kodi and system reboot, but it runs very smooth now.

I am having trouble loading all of my Youtube channels, however. YT Playlist, Channels, ect. (anything YT related). Not sure why they're not working now. They have been working in previous versions. (i.e. Channel_81 - JamCast YT) - It does seem as though my User Subscriptions are working, tho.

Also, I've never had any luck getting my Music Video (Concerts) Playlist Channel to work. I have multiple concerts stored on SMB and set the channel up using the PTVL configuration option (as well as settings2.xml edits from previous versions), but I've never had any luck generating a channel for them. Directories work, but doesn't display info and artwork like the PL does. That channel is: Channel_82 - JamCast.

LOG

Edit: I noticed that the Music Video PL channel (82) was somehow missing after the log was submitted, so log may not indicate an error for that particular channel. I did see a "Music Video (coming soon)" option in the channel configuration menu. Once this option becomes available, this channel may be able to be built?

Anyway, thanks Luna for all your hard work!

The log suggests it's a permissions error. For some reason PLTV can't access and rename the EPG files it's trying to make. I guess it's the Android OS denying Kodi.

Hmmm. I'm rooted and Kodi should have superuser permissions. At least, that's what I see when I open Kodi (superuser access granted on multiple levels). All previous versions of PTVL have been able to load the YT Playlists w/ no problem before.

Thanks for the response. I'll try to do more troubleshooting...

I'm not familiar with Kodi 14.2 for Android, but I'm seeing some stuff about superuser not working on Google. Maybe the access is being taken away after Kodi has loaded up?
Hi Lunatixz.

I created a new add-on called YouTube Collections.
It takes a bunch of YouTube channels/playlists and combines all their videos into one directory/playlist, aka a collection.

In the next update I would like to add the ability to create collections from other Kodi addons. This requires a functionality similar to the direct plugin feature in PTVL. My add-on needs to be able to browse other add-ons and get lists of videos directly from them. I currently have no idea how to do this and was hoping you could gives me some idea where to start.
(2015-05-26, 16:54)snesmaster40 Wrote:
(2015-05-23, 17:42)harpua1982 Wrote:
(2015-05-23, 17:16)snesmaster40 Wrote: The log suggests it's a permissions error. For some reason PLTV can't access and rename the EPG files it's trying to make. I guess it's the Android OS denying Kodi.

Hmmm. I'm rooted and Kodi should have superuser permissions. At least, that's what I see when I open Kodi (superuser access granted on multiple levels). All previous versions of PTVL have been able to load the YT Playlists w/ no problem before.

Thanks for the response. I'll try to do more troubleshooting...

I'm not familiar with Kodi 14.2 for Android, but I'm seeing some stuff about superuser not working on Google. Maybe the access is being taken away after Kodi has loaded up?

Wow. I just don't know. Every time I load up Kodi I get the regular SuperUser permission messages. Updated the SuperSU app and rebooted...still no youtube channels at all. I'm stumped. It's too bad. Most of my setup consist of youtube channels and playlists lol.
(2015-05-26, 23:04)SportySpice Wrote: Hi Lunatixz.

I created a new add-on called YouTube Collections.
It takes a bunch of YouTube channels/playlists and combines all their videos into one directory/playlist, aka a collection.

In the next update I would like to add the ability to create collections from other Kodi addons. This requires a functionality similar to the direct plugin feature in PTVL. My add-on needs to be able to browse other add-ons and get lists of videos directly from them. I currently have no idea how to do this and was hoping you could gives me some idea where to start.

After some digging I have figured out how to do this using the JSON-RPC API.
Hopefully I will get everything working soon.
I have two questions

Is anyone else having issues downloading the donor logo packs? I have all the donor features updated but everytime i try and download both the color and mono logos they never download. What does happen is in the location where the logo folder path is set in visual setting, it creates a path for the downloaded zip file. Its directed to the cache folder of user addon data. When I navigate to that actual location no such file exists. Is anyone else seeing this happen? Help and guidance is much appreciated.

Also have a question about sizing of channel logos. I have created some custom PNG files and sized them to the 161x91 as per Milkmans guild. I not sure why this happens but some of the logos come out perfect when finally added to logo folder and loaded into PTVL but some seem way to big. I attempt to resize them and make them smaller in the EPG but it never seems to work. Is there something Im missing when making the logos or is there a unique trait in PTVL EPG that would cause some logos to be the perfect size and other to look way to big. And just to be clear all logos I have created have the same sizing ratios so I don't understand how when the logos are in PTVL EPG some are the perfect size and others way to big. Any guidance or help would be appreciated.
(2015-05-27, 04:19)kristina27 Wrote: I have two questions

Is anyone else having issues downloading the donor logo packs? I have all the donor features updated but everytime i try and download both the color and mono logos they never download. What does happen is in the location where the logo folder path is set in visual setting, it creates a path for the downloaded zip file. Its directed to the cache folder of user addon data. When I navigate to that actual location no such file exists. Is anyone else seeing this happen? Help and guidance is much appreciated.

Also have a question about sizing of channel logos. I have created some custom PNG files and sized them to the 161x91 as per Milkmans guild. I not sure why this happens but some of the logos come out perfect when finally added to logo folder and loaded into PTVL but some seem way to big. I attempt to resize them and make them smaller in the EPG but it never seems to work. Is there something Im missing when making the logos or is there a unique trait in PTVL EPG that would cause some logos to be the perfect size and other to look way to big. And just to be clear all logos I have created have the same sizing ratios so I don't understand how when the logos are in PTVL EPG some are the perfect size and others way to big. Any guidance or help would be appreciated.

I found the "stock" logos are 161x109, for my custom logos I uped them to 300x109, they seem fine with Comcast or Default 1080.... over time Ive uped most of my stock logos to the 300x109. Again this is ONLY for my system i have no idea what they would look like on others. hope that helps. all logos seem to fit all displays, epg, info, side bar etc....

I am noticing random freezes about 20 min in to any show. Im figureing its a cache glitch, Ill report back after I track it down, just mentioning it in case others are noticing the same thing with the new patch. Another thing im noticing is Ill get locked out of my remote controler if the channel isnt avail and it skips a couple channels till it locks into a working channel. once it locks into a channel after seeking through a bad channel The remote wont work, a reboot is needed, again just a notice in case others are having the problem...
(2015-05-27, 21:08)wrichards Wrote:
(2015-05-27, 04:19)kristina27 Wrote: I have two questions

I found the "stock" logos are 161x109, for my custom logos I uped them to 300x109, they seem fine with Comcast or Default 1080.... over time Ive uped most of my stock logos to the 300x109. Again this is ONLY for my system i have no idea what they would look like on others. hope that helps. all logos seem to fit all displays, epg, info, side bar etc....

I am noticing random freezes about 20 min in to any show. Im figureing its a cache glitch, Ill report back after I track it down, just mentioning it in case others are noticing the same thing with the new patch. Another thing im noticing is Ill get locked out of my remote controler if the channel isnt avail and it skips a couple channels till it locks into a working channel. once it locks into a channel after seeking through a bad channel The remote wont work, a reboot is needed, again just a notice in case others are having the problem...

You mention Comcast and default 1080... am I to understand you are currently using those skins with the current build of PTVL?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
"You mention Comcast and default 1080... am I to understand you are currently using those skins with the current build of PTVL?"

I PSed Default of your current build. just purely cosmetic. I dont use comcast anymore since last build release. but yes Default, the ONLY thing Ive done to the code is change some colour texts and moved the video window to the right upper corner, just my preference.. Ill be happy to sent you the files if you want...
(2015-05-28, 00:36)wrichards Wrote: "You mention Comcast and default 1080... am I to understand you are currently using those skins with the current build of PTVL?"

I PSed Default of your current build. just purely cosmetic. I dont use comcast anymore since last build release. but yes Default, the ONLY thing Ive done to the code is change some colour texts and moved the video window to the right upper corner, just my preference.. Ill be happy to sent you the files if you want...

I just need you to know... since I don't provide support for modified versions of PseudoTV Live, nor do I provide support for "custom" or "modified" skins... Any problems your having could be related to such modifications... I only provide support for the latest unmodified build... Saves us both time to be upfront about such matters...
(2015-05-28, 00:51)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 00:36)wrichards Wrote: "You mention Comcast and default 1080... am I to understand you are currently using those skins with the current build of PTVL?"

I just need you to know... since I don't provide support for modified versions of PseudoTV Live, nor do I provide support for "custom" or "modified" skins... Any problems your having could be related to such modifications... I only provide support for the latest unmodified build... Saves us both time to be upfront about such matters...

Very much understood, if I have a problem, I ALWAYS revert to stock default to track it down. I should have qualified my response better.... and forgive me if i post like I do, I think Im getting better at not posting garbage.. let me know if/when I get annoying. have zero ego so...
(2015-05-28, 00:56)wrichards Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 00:51)Lunatixz Wrote:

Very much understood, if I have a problem, I ALWAYS revert to stock default to track it down. I should have qualified my response better.... and forgive me if i post like I do, I think Im getting better at not posting garbage.. let me know if/when I get annoying. have zero ego so...

Hey any post not shit talking my program is welcome... I just don't have free time and almost all of it is spent on PTVL! I need to keep debugging relevant to what isn't user error... Hope everyone is enjoying the new features.. Smile
(2015-05-28, 01:00)Lunatixz Wrote: I need to keep debugging relevant to what isn't user error... Hope everyone is enjoying the new features.. Smile

Is there any way to test if PTVL is "forgetting" my donor status? It seems like I'm having to constantly activate the status and seeing features which should be available not marked as available unless I hit the button to activate, then quickly configure everything I want in Autotune. This isn't a problem if that's the way it works; I'm beginning to wonder if the reason I keep missing channels (showing about 500 channels in my Settings2.xml but only seeing 117 in PTVL) might be because the program misses the donor status and deactivates features on me?

I am aware I am prone to user error, so I am asking: is there a way to check if I am mis-configured? Is it possible for the donor status to be forgotten somehow? Something else likely to be happening?

Have posted a log in the bug thread.
(2015-05-28, 02:14)bornagainpengui Wrote:
(2015-05-28, 01:00)Lunatixz Wrote: I need to keep debugging relevant to what isn't user error... Hope everyone is enjoying the new features.. Smile

Is there any way to test if PTVL is "forgetting" my donor status? It seems like I'm having to constantly activate the status and seeing features which should be available not marked as available unless I hit the button to activate, then quickly configure everything I want in Autotune. This isn't a problem if that's the way it works; I'm beginning to wonder if the reason I keep missing channels (showing about 500 channels in my Settings2.xml but only seeing 117 in PTVL) might be because the program misses the donor status and deactivates features on me?

I am aware I am prone to user error, so I am asking: is there a way to check if I am mis-configured? Is it possible for the donor status to be forgotten somehow? Something else likely to be happening?

Have posted a log in the bug thread.

PM me with a clean log, meaning, reboot xbmc, load ptvl, click activate donor, exit xbmc and send me that log... thanks
Hello I saw a post a few hundred pages back asking about Disable Watched Flagging not working and Lunatixz replied it may require tweaking, should it be working already? It isn't for me, even though it's also enabled in the settings file just like the previous poster. I really hope this would work since I use the addon LazyTV and when I try pseudotv it messes up my list bad, so watching pseudotv really isn't an option if Disable Watched Flagging doesn't work. Thanks for the addon and all your work!
  • 633(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45