• 675(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Does anybody have ANY information on how to stop movies from starting from the beggining when I change a channel that has a movie that's in theory all ready started?

Log:
http://pastebin.com/JrCUBSeW

It happens 90% of the time, ONLY with movies.

Please tell me what can I do to stop this from happening.
(2015-08-17, 20:16)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-08-17, 06:07)aptalca Wrote:
(2015-08-14, 18:43)Lunatixz Wrote: I use landscape because that's what I prefer and I'm the skins designer Tongue

PTVL is designed to use fallbacks when the primary art isn't found.... Ie. Landscape falls back to fanart.

Has nothing to do with extra hits, sounds more like I broke the fanart caching function... Easy fix
I figured out the issue. Artwork downloader saves the images named as fanart.jpg
Kodi exports images with the name filename-fanart.jpg

PTVL only looks for fanart.jpg and does not see filename-fanart.jpg

I used artwork downloader to download fanart with the overwrite setting turned off. It ended up replacing all my fanart in my library because it ignored the filename-fanart.jpg and thought I didn't have any fanart.

Now PTVL does fall back to fanart but I ended up with messed up artwork :-(

I'm planning on going back to the original ones but could you add support for the filename-fanart.jpg naming convention? Technically it is the official kodi way.

Thanks

No, sorry I only support the conventional naming scheme: http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Artwork_Dow...onventions
Its a pretty standard format, almost all mediainfo utilities I use default to this scheme.

BTW I think you are misinformed.... I do not believe its the default kodi way...
http://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork#Naming_conventions

Ok, fair enough. How about a solution that fixes the root of the problem so we don't even have to worry about naming conventions or even local files? Wink I do have a suggestion that might make it more universal for kodi users.

What if PTVL queries kodi for the fanart like the skins, other addons and android and ios remotes do, instead of looking for files on disk? Any user who scraped their database should have a fanart linked in the the database and a local thumb in kodi's thumbcache. I understand you prefer landscape art and that's fine, as that can be the first choice, but for the fallback fanart, kodi could be queried. The following could be the workflow:

1) PTVL looks for local landscape art (as it is the default and your preferred way) (landscape art AFAIK is not linked in kodi database so no way of querying, it has to be a local file on disk)
2) If there is no landscape art, PTVL queries kodi through json-rpc api, retrieves the fanart and caches it for later use

Pros:
1) No need to worry about local files or naming conventions (people who prefer landscape thumbs can still use them)
2) No need to rely on external add-ons like the artwork downloader (people can still use it to retrieve landscape art if they prefer)
3) Anybody who scraped their library in kodi will have no problems with PTVL artwork as there should already be fanart linked
4) You'll have fewer support requests as it should just work
5) Even people who have all their movies in one folder would be able to use PTVL as is

Cons:
1) It will take time for you to code it (knowing how productive and efficient you are, it should take minimal time Tongue )

I think this would make PTVL more universal in terms of artwork support. What do you think?

Thanks
Ok, I have been hunting through this thread and cant find anything on installing this on the Amazon Firestick. Will it work? I have it on there but it can not populate channels. keep getting an error.

Help is appreciated, thank you in advance
(2015-08-19, 00:32)jsnone1 Wrote: Ok, I have been hunting through this thread and cant find anything on installing this on the Amazon Firestick. Will it work? I have it on there but it can not populate channels. keep getting an error.

It's working for me. Installed from the repo.

A little sluggish, but works nonetheless.
Did you have channels right away, once you install that from the repo? I installed the pseudo library and the pseudotv and then launched and And got nothing about that error

(2015-08-19, 01:27)aptalca Wrote:
(2015-08-19, 00:32)jsnone1 Wrote: Ok, I have been hunting through this thread and cant find anything on installing this on the Amazon Firestick. Will it work? I have it on there but it can not populate channels. keep getting an error.

(2015-08-19, 01:45)jsnone1 Wrote: Did you have channels right away, once you install that from the repo? I installed the pseudo library and the pseudotv and then launched and And got nothing about that error

(2015-08-19, 01:27)aptalca Wrote:

I actually copied over my channels from another install so no I didn't try the auto channel builder on the fire stick
Okay, I've tried everything in my power to figure this out and it is just beyond my knowledge so why not come here for help!

I have been using PseudoTV Live for about a year now and have not had any problems up until lately. My channels are not being fully populated with videos. They are maxing out at about a hundred videos and just repeating them over and over. I didn't notice before but recently I tried to make a channel of downloaded internet videos that were short enough to see they were all just repeating. I have done all the obvious things like setting max content to unlimited and I have tried using PseudoTV Live Manager to no avail. I'll post my settings2 file below if it is any help.

Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="Channel_1_type" value="0" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_1" value="special://profile/playlists/video/InternetShows.xsp" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_2" value="" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_3" value="" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_4" value="" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="2" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="10" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_2_id" value="16" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_rule_2_opt_1" value="" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_changed" value="False" />
    <setting id="LastResetTime" value="1439963619" />
    <setting id="Channel_1_time" value="56" />
    <setting id="LastExitTime" value="1439963673" />
    <setting id="Channel_3_type" value="3" />
    <setting id="Channel_3_1" value="Youtube" />
    <setting id="Channel_3_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_3_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_3_rule_1_opt_1" value="Internet Genre" />
    <setting id="Channel_3_changed" value="False" />
    <setting id="Channel_4_type" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_4_1" value="YouTube" />
    <setting id="Channel_4_rulecount" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_4_rule_1_id" value="1" />
    <setting id="Channel_4_rule_1_opt_1" value="Internet Network" />
    <setting id="Channel_4_changed" value="False" />
    <setting id="Channel_3_time" value="634" />
    <setting id="Channel_4_time" value="634" />
</settings>

In this one I have just tried to get one channel working correctly until I can diagnose the problem. It is basically the same channel three times done three different ways, playlist, genre, and network.
Hey Marshall, I'm trying to send you something, but my account doesn't have permission to send you a PM, and I can't seem to find your email address. Can you get in touch with me either by PM or email? I have something for you Smile
(2015-08-17, 23:07)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-08-17, 23:06)Angry Ninja Wrote: you didn't read the conversation jctennis. 3 days after i sent my donation, still nothing, so I asked about it and even though he confirmed receiving it, he basically told me to go F myself. Real nice customer support. Anyways, I don't want to complain out in the open about it, which is why I just removed my comment about it, I was hoping before others replied, but not the case. Can you delete the quoted post above. He can just continue to treat his customers like crap, and I'll be quiet about it... just like he expects us to.

one day after you sent your donation you emailed me threatening to contact paypal and say bad things about me if I didn't send you your login... want me to post your emails.... no? then shut up! I refunded you your donation... after you couldn't be reasoned with...

Hey, Luni. Thanks for all you do. I use at least one of your addons every day.
Is possible create channels from Youtube subscriptions, Youtube Channels, Youtube/Vevo artists channels?
Ive been stress testing to try to figure out why a couple things are happening. Im asking if anyone else is haveing or still having these problems:

phantom channel switching: I have no reason why this is happening, i get random channel switches in the middle of tv shows. this happens about 2x a night w 6 hours active watching. I thought it might be some random IR signal or such, but tryed unpluging all input devices, same problems.

Mouse breaking EPG: I have a habbit of using the mouse now and then as I regularly have PSTV in a window. so now and then ill mouse over and select or do something in pstv. then the interface locks w no keyboard, remote or mouse control over pstv. I know and understand that MOUSE is NOT supported.

extended EPG breaks input devices: This is the one Im playing with at the moment. I notice if i leave the EPG channel guide up while the show ends-plays comercial-playes station ID-next show, if I alow this to go on for about 3-4 show changes the program locks out all input devices...

To note, I am using isengard and latest pstvl d i believe..... with totally stock skin.

anyway, Im interested if others are having similar problems and what they have done for them. I dont think this belongs in the bugs forum untill i can confirm im not the only one w the problems....

as always thanks in advance for any responses. and thanks again for the great program.
@wrichards have you looked at the faq about the channel changing stuff?
(2015-08-20, 21:22)bry- Wrote: @wrichards have you looked at the faq about the channel changing stuff?

i thought ive looked pretty much at everything... (tok a bit of time Wink ) ill go back in and re-read. all good thanks for the responses... Smile

Thanks @bry- that makes sense for the channels switching, hells knows what kinda encoding some of my files are.... now i have somthing to check out per file when it happens. Smile
I've been getting improper formatting errors with the xmltv files I've been generating. Anyone have any idea why? I'm using mc2xml
(2015-08-22, 00:47)jiggsaw Wrote: I've been getting improper formatting errors with the xmltv files I've been generating. Anyone have any idea why? I'm using mc2xml
Me too
  • 675(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45