• 1(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Brick 
This Thread is outdated and closed
New Thread: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=244889

watch gallery

About:

PseudoTV Live is ONLY available through my repository, all third party installer are unsupported!
Please remember PTVL is designed to work with the latest "Stable Release" of Kodi. Beta's, nightlies and custom builds are not supported.

Resources:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Follow @PseudoTV_Live for exclusive updates, tips and information...

Guides, Tutorials and Miscellaneous Documents and Tools:

Spotlight:

Support:
  • Donations* for this addon gratefully accepted. To receive your login information please email [email protected] with the subject: Donation and include the date and email of donation. Please wait 7-10 business days, Thank You. Please Visit PseudoTVLive.com for details. Do Not! Post in the forum regarding donations and thank you gifts they are voluntary*.
    *Donations do not obligate me to provide a service. This isn't a membership, service or subscription, if you donate, it should be considered as such a "Donation" with no perceived obligations on my part. Your login is a thank you gift, do not confuse it as purchase or goods owed to you.

Installation:
Recommended plugins for autotuning & channel building:

Recommended for enhanced interface:

Key Features:
  • [✓] Emby, Plex, Serviio and UPNP Support.
    [½] Online Channel configurations, Custom Skin's and Community lists, Pseudotvlive.com integration.
    [✓] Full Kodi integration including Context Menu and Artwork.
    [✓] Overlay Sidebar ("On Now") Skinnable quick menu.
    [✓] "Coming Up Next" Skinable Overlay.
    [ ] Enhanced EPG icon flags (rec, new, sickbeard, couchpotato, HD, PG rating).
    [✓] Dynamic artwork for EPG and Overlay.
    [✓] Enhanced Guide Data: "Find Missing Art/Info" using TVDB, TMDB, Fanart.TV
    [✓] Donor Extras - BCT media, PseudoCinema Experience
    [✓] Skin Selector [Temporary Disabled]
    [½] Music Channels.
    [✓] Music Video Channels with Internet Streaming features.
    [✓] EZ channel configuration ("Autotuning").
    [✓] EZ in-app channel configuration
    [✓] Ability to add channels via Kodi favourites list.
    [✓] Hdhomerun Support (Dual/Prime/Extend).
    [✓] USTVnow w/ EPG data.
    [✓] Automatic Bumpers, Commercials, and Trailers w/ Online support ("BCT's").
    [✓] Youtube/RSS Channel types
    [✓] TVDB/TMDB/IMDB/Fanart.TV Integration w/ trakt support
    [½] Sonarr/ Sickbeard / Couchpotato Integration.
    [✓] Error handling (dead link) filter.
    [✓] EPG Color Categories
    [✓] Autostart Service *core created by Steveb1968
    [✓] Channel Manager Tool (Windows Only)
    [ ] Android Companion Tool
    [ ] PVR (Recording Feature)
    [ ] Virtual Movie Poster (Showtime) Integration.
    [½] Kodi web interface w/EPG, Channel editor, Remote Control.
    [✓] Direct Plugin directory channel building (ie. Mylibrary method without the need to build strms).
    [✓] Direct Playon channel building (Requires Playon Software).
    [✓] Direct UPNP channel building.
    [✓] Direct Plugin channel building.
    [✓] Kodi PVR Backend channel building w/epg data
    [✓] Classic Coming Up Next dialog artwork.
    [½] Vevo Music Video Channel w/ EPG Information
    [✓] Settop Box mode, 24/7 Operation w/ self updating channels.
    [✓] Multiroom Video Mirroring.
    [✓] Multiroom Channel sharing.
    [ ] EPG Guide data from Schedules Direct and zap2it.

✓ = Added to master
    ½ = Added to master, but may not be functional.

Topic Rules:
  • I encourage everyone, novice to expert to share information and ideas on how to improve this plugin. You are free to contribute as you see fit... Share your skins, etc... But please respect a few rules.

1. PLEASE READ POSTS BEFORE POSTING, I will update the post to keep information relevant.

2. Do not post illegal internet feeds, or related plugins banned from Kodi's forum.

3. Before posting, try using the search tool to find your answer. Please do not abuse private messaging, the proper way to ask for help is through the forum.

4. Report all bugs with as much detail as possible, accompanied by a link to your log. Please do not post Incomplete or snippets of your log. If you have privacy concerns you can PM me your log.

In Order to post logs, you need to enable both Debugging in Kodi and in PTVL (under Misc settings). Skin issues are not considered a bug, so no log is necessary. If you can include a link to a screenshot it would be appreciated.

5. Follow Kodi's code of conduct.

Special Thanks to:
Code:
jason102, angrycamel, jtucker1972, ARYEZ, peppy6582, earlieb, Steveb1968, kurumushi, twinther, LordIndy, ronie, mcorcoran, sphere, giftie, spoyser, Eldorados, lambda, kickin, bradvido88, Phil65, RagnaroktA

Forgive grammatical mistakes and typo's this was written quickly and I have a lot of information to get out there... I will edit as i go!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Supported Devices and Services*:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

*The devices and services listed above serve to advise compatibility. Links are not here to solicit hardware or services, but merely to acknowledge that either custom code or personal attention has been made to ensure compatibility and function with the aforementioned links .PseudoTV Live works regardless of the above devices or services.

Migration info:
  • If you already have pseudotv installed:
    This version is independent from the original Pseudotv; this will help facilitate the transition between copies. Now you can experiment with this plugin and see if its for you, without any worry. Your userdata (ie cache,playlists,settings.xml,settings2.xml) are all compatible... but outdated. Copy this data over to userdata/script.pseudotv.live/ and be sure to check the settings before running.

If you are new to pseudotv:
    Install, check settings, then run... pseudotv live will automatically build a few channels including some InternetTV channels; see “Autotune” above...
    All configurations should be either manual or through Pseudotv's channel manager...

Recommended Kodi Changes!
Disable Play Next Automatically under XBMC Video and Music Settings
Add "pvr://" and "upnp://" as a Kodi video source.
  • Edit your advancedsettings.xml, add the following:
    Code:
        <network>
            <curlclienttimeout>15</curlclienttimeout>  <!-- Timeout in seconds for libcurl (http/ftp) connections -->
            <curllowspeedtime>5</curllowspeedtime>  <!-- Time in seconds for libcurl to consider a connection lowspeed -->
            <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>  <!-- number of bytes used for buffering streams ahead in memory
            XBMC will not buffer ahead more than this. WARNING: for the bytes set here, XBMC will consume 3x the amount of RAM -->
        </network>

If you are running Kodi on windows? Download this I/O Cache tool and set to "Multimedia".

ATTENTION: If you are running Kodi 15... it's recommended you individually add "pvr://" and "upnp://" as a video source in kodi.

New to PseudoTV?:
  • If you are new to PseudoTV, take the time to read through the forum... try to familiarize yourself with the terms, settings and basic concept of this plugin.
    Before running PseudoTV Live remember to setup and configure any plugins that require additional configurations(ie. USTVnow, etc).

Brief XMLTV Tutorial:

What is XMLTV? XMLTV is a very popular XML based file format for describing TV listings. see XMLTVFormat

How do I get an XMLTV File? there are several ways, I will list two possible ways:

Free: If you want to build a xmltv file for free with very basic info try MC2XML or ZAP2XML

Pay: If you want a more detailed TV listing try Schedules Direct

I suggest you build your XMLTV file with only a few channels, and no more then 3 days data (follow the guidelines listed in the grabbers you have chosen).

*If you build a XMLTV file over 2mb the plugin will take longer to load (smaller file = quicker load times; so chose wisely when building your xmltv file, you don't need info for channels you don't have nor do you need to list more then a week at a time!)

XMLTV must use default encoding format "UTF-8" do not enable "ISO-8859-1"

Please visit XMLTV for more info...

Example XMLTV configurations that work with PseudoTV Live

Code:
zap2xml.exe -u [email protected] -p PASSWORD -o xmltv.xml -i icons -U -I -T -D -A -d 3
Code:
mc2xml.exe -a -f -A -L -s -5 -d 72 -g ZIPCODE -U -D xmltv.dat -o xmltv.xml

Bumpers, Commercials and Trailers (BCT's):
If Auto is enabled for BCT's: PTVL will add one bumper and automatically fill commercials and trailers in order to stay under the "hide short clip" value.

(B)umpers:
Bumpers are short videos TV stations play between shows. If not auto, select your bumper folder and the amount of bumpers you would like between each show. Organize bumpers by channel name, e.g.
  • Code:
    C:\Bumpers\
              \CBS
              \NBC

(C )ommercials:
Commercials are any short video advertisement or promo. Options include:
  • Local folder, Select your folder and If not auto, select the amount of Commercials you would like between each show.

Internet (Donor Exclusive) , Parses various website for commercials filtered by region and resolution. Configure: (Region, All), select preferred resolution.
    Available regions include.

Youtube, Similar to a YouTube chtype. Channels, Playlists, and User Subscriptions are available. Configure: (Name,Type,Limit), example below.

Channel:
    Code:
    MotorTrend,1,50,0
    Playlist:
    Code:
    PL9bsPVRSg1sl0kSa99jrim69esS0lQrkF,2,50,0

(T)railers:
  • Local folder, Select Trailers Folder, If not auto, select the amount of Trailers you would like between each show.

XBMC Library, aka json parse your xbmc library for trailer urls. Option to match genre trailers to genre channel.

Internet (Donor Exclusive) , Parses various website for trailers filtered by resolution.

Youtube, Similar to a YouTube chtype. Channels, Playlists, and User Subscriptions are available. Configure: (Name,Type,Limit), example below.

Code:
    Channel: [code]MotorTrend,1,50,0
    | Playlist:
    Code:
    PL9bsPVRSg1sl0kSa99jrim69esS0lQrkF,2,50,0
    [/code]

How to setup Multi Room Sharing:

Foundation:
Channel Sharing:

Channel Sharing, allows synchronization between multiple XBMC instances. Sharing works by copying a "master" setting2.xml to a "slave" instances while also syncing it's cache and bct folder.
  • Master - Slave Setup:
    • Pick a Master XBMC Instance, this will be your main XBMC with already has a configured settings2.xml.
    • Network Share "master" userdata/script.pseudotv.live/ folder.
    • Go to your "client" instance and enable channel sharing from within PTVL's settings. Point the share folder to the "master" "userdata/addon_data/script.pseudotv.live" folder.
    • While in settings configure PTVL's settings. All relevant settings (BCT's, Startup type ie. real-time, Misc.) should be the same as "master" setup. Visuals, OS type, and other non relevant settings can be configured independently.

When the Client starts and stops it will sync itself to the "master". As long as you don't have any channel rules that overwrite sharing (random, pause) your shows should be within a few minutes of each other.
    If you are using "LiveTV" Each instance of PTVL has to be configured to use the same xmltv file. Easiest way is to network share the folder you keep your xmltv file in, then configure each instance to use that folder.

Multiroom Setup:
    • In addition to the instructions above, Repeat the same instructions on the "master"; Sharing to the "client" instance.
    • Make sure to run the client end at least once before configuring sharing.
    When each (master/client) instances starts they will sync between each other creating a "multiroom" experience.

Video Mirroring:

Unlike channel sharing "Video Mirroring" doesn't require PTVL to run on a client device. It only requires another system running XBMC (future plans include full UPNP support which will eliminate the need for a client to run XBMC).
The "master" instance of PTVL acts as video server, all media played will be forwarded to it's clients. No user control (ie. EPG/Overlay) is available on the client end. It's simply a mirror of the master instance.
Enable kodi's webserver, and enable control via upnp on both master and client systems. Config the clients IP, leaving the default port 9090 (not the same as Kodis webserver port) and enter UserTongueassword information, for up to three client devices...
Supported Tuners:
  • All Kodi LiveTV Backends through XBMC pvr:// protocol
  • HDhomerun - Dual (Strms), Prime/Extent (HTTP/UPNP)
  • USB Tuner -- VLC Stream
  • Ceton -- VLC Stream

Supported Plugins:
  • All Gotham and up plugins "should" work, but are not guaranteed with PseudoTV Live.

MISCELLANEOUS:

Add your own custom PseudoCinema videos!! go to CinemaVision
Wish I could download right now. Great news. Can't wait. Repped.
Click on the + sign below If I have helped you
Can't wait! It is finally here.

Can't thank Lunatixz enough for the hard work he has put into this add on.
Please read http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=199 and mod OP accordingly
Luna my core works.. does not write over settings2.. just selects tuner on the fly based on setting selected in the channel sharing gui.

If we need to rev it to include multiple devices that can be done.. can be based on user interest.
(2013-07-15, 00:33)blazin912 Wrote: Luna my core works.. does not write over settings2.. just selects tuner on the fly based on setting selected in the channel sharing gui.

If we need to rev it to include multiple devices that can be done.. can be based on user interest.

I'm going to modify it... that way its a permanent change... user either wants tuner 0/1/2. Credit already given for initial code (which might not be used, but serves as inspiration).
alienhead95 Wrote:Hey,
First of all wanted to thank you for the effort you have put in for KTV.
I had a question for you. Will KTV support EPG for live streams?

Yes it will... If you have a internet feed of lets say "nbc" and you know the time zone its in, you could setup xmltv with that info...

As for rss feeds that have individual media and info... this will be included in final build but not in beta.
Awesome, can't thank you enough.
(2013-07-15, 04:07)Lunatixz Wrote:
alienhead95 Wrote:Hey,
First of all wanted to thank you for the effort you have put in for KTV.
I had a question for you. Will KTV support EPG for live streams?

Yes it will... If you have a internet feed of lets say "nbc" and you know the time zone its in, you could setup xmltv with that info...

As for rss feeds that have individual media and info... this will be included in final build but not in beta.
Click on the + sign below If I have helped you
Made this in about 10 min, you can use if you want, it's pretty crappy though.

Version 1
Version 2
Thanks for the great icons... keep them coming... "Pseudo Live" has a ring to it, I think that will be the final name... I'll pick a final icon b4 friday (release day)...
I'm working on getting in program channel editing working for my editions, since I'm starting to think some users may be overwhelmed by the amount of manual configuration needed... No promises this will be finished by friday Sad
(2013-07-15, 20:49)Lunatixz Wrote: Thanks for the great icons... keep them coming... "Pseudo Live" has a ring to it, I think that will be the final name... I'll pick a final icon b4 friday (release day)...
I'm working on getting in program channel editing working for my editions, since I'm starting to think some users may be overwhelmed by the amount of manual configuration needed... No promises this will be finished by friday Sad

Thank you - as someone who has never used pseudotv I am feeling a bit hesitant to tread these waters.
edit, donation sent.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45