• 510(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
I asked earlier. But previously pstvl used to scan my live channels once and then it would only rescan them when I forced a refresh. It takes a long time since I'm using a lot of tv streams. Is there a way to tell the computer not to refresh and use the information it previously download the last time? That's the way it used to work. But the way it works now it takes about 2 minutes every time I load pstvl.

mrpcpro
Can you interleave 2 playon channels?I haven't had much luck.
I am a huge Looney Tunes fan. Is there a way to create several playlists that generate up to seven SPECIFIC episodes (I would specify the episode names), and then create a channel that pulls a random selection of those specific playlists?

For example... is there a way to create one playlist that pulls the episodes "Devil May Hare", "Hook, Line and Stinker", "Room and Bird", "Ducking the Devil", "Thumb Fun", "An Egg Scramble", and "You Were Never Duckier"... then create several other playlists which also contain SPECIFIC episodes... then have a channel that will play those playlists in a random order? And then possibly interleave that channel among other channels to create the ultimate Saturday Morning Cartoon channel?

Hopefully I was clear in what I'm trying to do... Thanks in advance!!
(2014-12-18, 18:38)mrpcpro Wrote: I asked earlier. But previously pstvl used to scan my live channels once and then it would only rescan them when I forced a refresh. It takes a long time since I'm using a lot of tv streams. Is there a way to tell the computer not to refresh and use the information it previously download the last time? That's the way it used to work. But the way it works now it takes about 2 minutes every time I load pstvl.

mrpcpro

No there isn't a way to accomplish this as far as I can tell. When PSTVL starts channels of type '8' are immediately flagged as needing a reset so they go through a channel refresh each time it starts. I took a look at the change history on the ChannelList.py file where this flagging occurs and it used to only work this way if settop mode was FALSE. It was changed to always work this way regardless of settop mode setting so there's likely a reason for the change.

Long story short, nope, it will rescan live channels every time.
Is there anyway to add a channel from a plugin with a slash character in the name?
The plugin source i am trying to add is the 'Video.Vevo' plugin and i am trying to add the EDM channel which is named 'Electronic/Dance'

so Vevo->Videos->Electronic/Dance->Most Viewed.

when i add the source:
<setting id="Channel_16_1" value="plugin://plugin.video.vevo/Videos/Electronic/Dance/Most Viewed/Most Viewed All-Time/" />

PTVL doesnt seem to like that Electronic/Dance has a slash in its name as it assumes its part of the directory structure. I've tried adding it as an escape character but that doesnt work either.

From the xbmc logs, it accesses :
Code:
http://api.vevo.com/mobile/v1/video/list.json?genres=electronicdance&order=MostViewedAllTime&offset=0&max=100&extended=true
is there maybe anyway to add that to PTVL

Thanks
Still no epg data.
(2014-12-20, 21:11)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: Still no epg data.

I'm not having any issues. It's something going wrong on your end. Save your setting2 file and try to autotune a few channels. If that does not work there may be something wrong with your xmltv build.
playon is on sale, so maybe some of you experienced users can help can I watch live tv from the channels that offer it? AMC, TBS, TNT come to mind. Will pstvl get epg information and play the live streams? Then this would be like having an extra cable box without paying for it

mrpcpro
(2014-12-21, 21:57)mrpcpro Wrote: playon is on sale, so maybe some of you experienced users can help can I watch live tv from the channels that offer it? AMC, TBS, TNT come to mind. Will pstvl get epg information and play the live streams? Then this would be like having an extra cable box without paying for it

mrpcpro

I did not really like playon when I was using it. Some people may have different experience but it didn't really offer me anything I wasn't getting free from ustvnow and plugin channels on ptvl. The things it did add were low quality and laggy.

Now I just went back to buying cable and buying a HDhomerun to stream my cable on my network. It works great with ptvl.
(2014-12-20, 17:48)GoofyJeff Wrote: I am a huge Looney Tunes fan. Is there a way to create several playlists that generate up to seven SPECIFIC episodes (I would specify the episode names), and then create a channel that pulls a random selection of those specific playlists?

For example... is there a way to create one playlist that pulls the episodes "Devil May Hare", "Hook, Line and Stinker", "Room and Bird", "Ducking the Devil", "Thumb Fun", "An Egg Scramble", and "You Were Never Duckier"... then create several other playlists which also contain SPECIFIC episodes... then have a channel that will play those playlists in a random order? And then possibly interleave that channel among other channels to create the ultimate Saturday Morning Cartoon channel?

Hopefully I was clear in what I'm trying to do... Thanks in advance!!
Are they in your library as short films already? Or are they actually episodes of a TV show?
If the episodes are part of your library, you can go in and edit the genre (either through PTVL Manager or just by editing the mymovies or whatever it is) to something specific (Looney Tunes 1 or whatever). Then, you just create your playlists and set up your channels, etc. Once you've created the genres its pretty easy.
I think PTVL has a limit on playlists (or did or I'm wrong), but ther is no limit on genres I've seen.
(2014-12-21, 22:08)Kalebbroo Wrote:
(2014-12-21, 21:57)mrpcpro Wrote: playon is on sale, so maybe some of you experienced users can help can I watch live tv from the channels that offer it? AMC, TBS, TNT come to mind. Will pstvl get epg information and play the live streams? Then this would be like having an extra cable box without paying for it

mrpcpro

I did not really like playon when I was using it. Some people may have different experience but it didn't really offer me anything I wasn't getting free from ustvnow and plugin channels on ptvl. The things it did add were low quality and laggy.

Now I just went back to buying cable and buying a HDhomerun to stream my cable on my network. It works great with ptvl.

Thanks. I'm leaving cable. Using IPTV instead. But I have access to a login for things like TBS, TNT, AMC, ESPN and if I get can get those channels incorporated into my pseudotv live experience that would be awesome. But not if it's low quality

mrpcpro
playon is a great service i have had premium for years but i have stopped using it because xbmc provides everything i need without playon. but if you have a xbox360 or ps3 hooked up to a tv with no other devices it is still great to use that way other then that i really see no reason xbmc can't give you everything playon does.i guess if you have hulu or netflix playon+xbmc+pstv live would be great but i don't use either of those.
(2014-12-22, 00:48)mrpcpro Wrote:
(2014-12-21, 22:08)Kalebbroo Wrote:

mrpcpro

Thanks. I'm leaving cable. Using IPTV instead. But I have access to a login for things like TBS, TNT, AMC, ESPN and if I get can get those channels incorporated into my pseudotv live experience that would be awesome. But not if it's low quality

mrpcpro

It really all depends on you home network. This is how playon works:
Quote:PlayOn runs in the background on your PC over your home network. It uses standards called UPnP and DLNA to communicate with networked gaming consoles,TVs, and mobile phones working both as an internet browser to access online media and as a UPnP media server to serve videos to UPnP compliant devices.

So it just takes whats on your PC and transcodes it to other devices. If your PC is on wifi it suffers connection issues (personal experience).

Quote:Transcoding just means converting the format of some media to another format. PlayOn is a transcoding media server. PlayOn takes media from online websites, which is often in formats like Windows Media, Flash Video, or H.264, and converts it to a format that your video player can understand, like MPEG because this is a reliable standard.
Some devices have more advanced codecs -- this just means that they can play the fancier Flash and H.264 videos. The PlayOn server will know in these cases if it can just pass the video along as is, without transcoding it to another format. When we say "real-time transcoding", we just mean that the PC is downloading the video from a site like Hulu, and converting it on-the-fly to another format, and then sending it to your device. It sounds simple, but it's really not.
This is why PlayOn's video streams a "live" video streams. In this case, "live" does not refer to a live broadcast, but rather to your PC transcoding and streaming the video in real-time.

again just my personal experience but the quality was not what I was expecting for a service i payed for. The bigger issues were with netflix and hulu. If i took the extra few seconds to open the standard app I had HD quality streams with no quality or lag issues.
updated my hdhr tutorial post thats linked on the first page. nothing major just added dhcp reservation and strm changes for the upnp functions.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-12-22, 15:04)bry- Wrote: updated my hdhr tutorial post thats linked on the first page. nothing major just added dhcp reservation and strm changes for the upnp functions.

Thanks bry- for your contribution!
  • 510(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45