• 678(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Hopefully someone will help me with this clean log:

"Here's the new log with everything and debugging enabled. Fresh install of Kodi 15. No other addons except for PTVL and its required files
And to update everyone on the issue. It's not playing anything from the 7 channels on USTVNow or adding any channels from Youtube or any other addons for Live TV. Youtube and Local media options are greyed out and unavailable."
http://xbmclogs.com/ptgybex82
(2015-08-28, 15:29)jxke Wrote: Hopefully someone will help me with this clean log:

"Here's the new log with everything and debugging enabled. Fresh install of Kodi 15. No other addons except for PTVL and its required files
And to update everyone on the issue. It's not playing anything from the 7 channels on USTVNow or adding any channels from Youtube or any other addons for Live TV. Youtube and Local media options are greyed out and unavailable."
Dumb question... Did you sign up for ustvnow?
(2015-08-28, 15:35)jctennis Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 15:29)jxke Wrote: Hopefully someone will help me with this clean log:

I did. Tried with several accounts actually.
(2015-08-28, 15:38)jxke Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 15:35)jctennis Wrote:

Did you try going directly to the US TV NOW addon and playing a channel? I'm not a dev and I don't know how to read logs, but if we get the obvious questions out of the way we might be able to find an easy solution.
(2015-08-28, 15:44)jctennis Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 15:38)jxke Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 15:35)jctennis Wrote: Dumb question... Did you sign up for ustvnow?

Did you try going directly to the US TV NOW addon and playing a channel? I'm not a dev and I don't know how to read logs, but if we get the obvious questions out of the way we might be able to find an easy solution.

That's not working as well. Nothing happens at all when I click on a stream now.
(2015-08-28, 15:49)jxke Wrote: That's not working as well. Nothing happens at all when I click on a stream now.
If you can connect to your box via ssh or samba, delete the addon folder for ustvnow from the userdata folder. Reboot kodi and re-enter your login details in the ustvnow addon. Let me know what happens via PM so we stop cluttering up the thread.
(2015-08-27, 03:08)fairplay89 Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 21:09)fairplay89 Wrote: I have been following this project for 2+ years in hopes of a stable build but each time I install, I get a complete lockup of Kodi when opening the guide.

Can't say I'm asking too much of it. All I want in my list are TV channels and movie genres. From the config menu, looks like ~80 channels.

Things I've done:
- Moved devices from Rpi 1 > AFTV > AFTV Stick > Rpi 2... issue remains on each device
- Set device type as Android and or Pi depending on device... no effect
- Completely uninstalled Kodi and PTVL, defaults work on first boot... guide freezes again on next run
- Gave up on my old .xml and had PTVL build its own... still locks up
- Disabled almost every PTVL setting that would take CPU/mem/internet... same issue
- Dropped playlist items from 100+ down to bare minimum... no change
- Switched up connection types, locations, etc... same issue

It'd be great if I could get this working on the AFTV considering I have several off them which I had hoped to use for this setup.

Current Device:
- Rooted AFTV w/ rbox OS
- Kodi 15.1 for ARM
- Wired/Wireless to network
- Media located on SMB share (mounted by IP)

What gives with this plugin? Is it not stable?

1. Downloaded Kodi Log Uploader
2. Enabled Kodi Debug Logging
3. Enabled PTVL Debug Logging
4. Shutdown Kodi & Rebooted AFTV
5. Re-launch Kodi followed by PTVL
6. Launch PTVL, wait for channel to start playing.
7. Open guide... complete lock up of PTVL (can still pause Kodi video but no way out of PTVL).
8. Attached my log here: http://xbmclogs.com/pcgla9bfl

Please advise on next steps or if further info is needed.

Thanks!

Anything else needed on these logs? Thanks!
1st of all, I want to thank the developer for having the time to develop this great addon!!

I'm new to kodi, and I use it to watch live TV (iptv), usually using PVR Simple Client, and everything works great! But here is where PTVL stand off, for me, it really gives the experience of live tv, with the simple and easy to use menu and EPG.

Now, the problem... I have a RPI2 with openelec (kodi 15.1), and It allways says "unable to populate channels". I''m a newbie, and I've been working on this for 2 days, and tried the following that found searching web:
- Clean Installation
- Deleted settings.xml and settings2.xml
- Remove and reinstall addon
- Added upnp
- Added pvr:// (although I don't know if it is working properly, because when I added UPNP, kodi itself gave the name of the source, witch doesn't happened with pvr://)
- Checked webserver enabled

I have a m3u list with channels witch is working ok in Simple Client, and if I understand right, PseudoTV will fetch those channels from pvr:// source right? Or is there a way to insert directly the m3u file to populate channels??

Thanks in advance for all help.
(2015-08-28, 15:54)jctennis Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 15:49)jxke Wrote: That's not working as well. Nothing happens at all when I click on a stream now.
If you can connect to your box via ssh or samba, delete the addon folder for ustvnow from the userdata folder. Reboot kodi and re-enter your login details in the ustvnow addon. Let me know what happens via PM so we stop cluttering up the thread.

JCTennis, I do not have root access to my Fire stick so I am unable to ssh or samba. Also, this has happened 3 times so far with fresh installs of Kodi after a complete factory restore of the Fire Stick so that userdata folder would've been wiped out each time as far as I know.
(2015-08-29, 14:30)jxke Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 15:54)jctennis Wrote:

JCTennis, I do not have root access to my Fire stick so I am unable to ssh or samba. Also, this has happened 3 times so far with fresh installs of Kodi after a complete factory restore of the Fire Stick so that userdata folder would've been wiped out each time as far as I know.
Fair enough. That's all I've got. All I know is that the issue isn't with Pseudotv Live if the stream doesn't work in the US TV NOW addon. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
I'm getting an error with 0.6.6e when it tries starting up:

Code:
11:25:53 T:140064621311744   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(20, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.pseudotv.live/default.py): setting the Python path to /storage/.kodi/addons/script.pseudotv.l
11:25:53 T:140064621311744   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(20, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.pseudotv.live/default.py): entering source directory /storage/.kodi/addons/script.pseudotv.li
11:25:53 T:140064621311744   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(20, /storage/.kodi/addons/script.pseudotv.live/default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.pse
11:25:53 T:140064621311744   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--                                          
            - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!                                                                                    
        Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>                                                                                          
        Error Contents: No module named unittest                                                                                            
        Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                                  
            File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.pseudotv.live/default.py", line 22, in <module>                                                
            from resources.lib.Globals import *                                                                                              
            File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.pseudotv.live/resources/lib/Globals.py", line 21, in <module>                                  
            import Settings, pyfscache                                                                                                      
            File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.pseudotv.live/resources/lib/pyfscache/__init__.py", line 11, in <module>                        
            import tests                                                                                                                    
            File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.pseudotv.live/resources/lib/pyfscache/tests/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>                  
            from unittest import TestSuite                                                                                                  
        ImportError: No module named unittest                                                                                                
        -->End of Python script error report<--                                                                                              
11:25:53 T:140065457182592   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------                                                                                              
11:25:53 T:140064621311744    INFO: Python script stopped
Was automatically updated to 6.6E and now it won't run. I get a plug in error. Can't configure channels either. Get same error.

log
I've been waiting to give my feedback for 0.6.5+ for a few weeks now. I usually give a glowing review and eventually find a bug a few days later but this isn't the case anymore. The past few updates have been phenomenal! The improvements made to USTV integration and the overall reliability of the program makes me believe that PTVL is getting close to becoming stable. Also, the set reminder function that just came out a few hours ago (0.6.6f) works incredibly well. I know you don't hear it enough but THANKS!
Brevity should never equate to rudeness.
After the latest updates PLTV works fine in my end and everything runs normal.I am just waiting to see the final version including all the windows(apps,dvr....)
and the option to use custom skins
Thanks Lunatixz for all the work so far!

Here are some pics of my custom skin I use right now(hackingTongue the default skin)

watch gallery
(2015-08-30, 17:44)tromy Wrote: Here are some pics of my custom skin I use right now(hackingTongue the default skin)

+1 That looks amazing!
Brevity should never equate to rudeness.
  • 678(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45