Bug Recording without audio
Hi,

I discovered, that tvheadend sometimes records a program without audio, just video. This happens randomly, I have no idea how to provoke this behaviour for debugging. Recently I recorded 3 following tv shows on one channel without audio.

Any suggestions ? I'm using latest tvheadend build and xbmc 12.2.

Greetz

Lastcoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Are you recording in .ts or .mkv? Have you tried demuxing the file to see if it's just broken somehow and the audio is really there? Haven't had this issue myself.
Sometimes this happens on recordings in .mkv. This is rarely but its happens. There is indeed no audio in the mux (checked with TSDoctor).
Sounds like a bug in tvheadend, have you checked their bug tracker?
I believe this is a known issue although not sure if officially logged as a bug. It has to do with the broadcasters switching audio streams e.g. when there is an ad. break and then the programme starts with a different audio stream. It may also be affected by multiple audio streams on the same broadcast.
I think it's only a problem recording in the .mkv format and can be worked around by using .ts
I've experienced this problem. Audio was fine before the programme began. Then the titles started and audio disappeared. However the alternate audio track was available - in this case the audio description for sight impaired people

Pretty sure this is discussed somewhere on the tvheadend site.
Hi,

okay .. yes, I'm using .mkv format .. it is easily handled by handbrake video encoder .. not sure, if .ts is supported too .. will check tvheadend forum / bug tracker ..

Greetz

LCS
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Try recording in .ts format first so you know where the bug lies (the whole recording subroutine or just the MKV muxer).
(2013-07-16, 22:37)negge Wrote: Try recording in .ts format first so you know where the bug lies (the whole recording subroutine or just the MKV muxer).

I guess it's the MKV muxer, since my experience was confirmed by other users above .. but obviously the mkv muxer does a really great job - today I tried recording .ts files and converting it via handbrake .. handbrake is able to handle .ts files, but there are known issues with "bad" - error containing - .ts files - so my recording couldn't be converted (and compressed); conversion was aborted due to errors .. I've never had any issues with the created mkv files ! Unfortunately there is no workaround for .ts files - the suggestions using projectx to demux files before converting doesn't work, since projectx doesn't support h.264 (HD channels) ts streams .. and I don't know any ts-repair program for linux ...

I guess I stay with mkv files, 99% they are fine, maybe the bug is found one day ..

Greetz

LCS
UNCHAINED Demo Group
There's an incredible tool called ProjectX that can remux .ts files into a new .ts file no matter how messed up they are. I've used it on multiple occasions to be able to encode raw caps that otherwise fail miserable.
(2013-07-17, 22:11)negge Wrote: There's an incredible tool called ProjectX that can remux .ts files into a new .ts file no matter how messed up they are. I've used it on multiple occasions to be able to encode raw caps that otherwise fail miserable.

yeah, I know - but not for HD streams (h.264)

Quote:At the moment, Project-X does not include support for H.264 (HD video) content.

Greetz

Lastcoder
UNCHAINED Demo Group

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording without audio0