Richland APU WIN7-64 XBMC crashes
Hi

I recently built a HTPC for my TV with the Richland A8-6500 APU, the motherboard is Gigabyte A85XM-D3H, 2x4GB DDR3 1600 RAM, 128G ADATA SX900 SSD as system drive, Antec 450P PSU. The system is a Win7 p 64 bit installed with AHCI option on. The system seems fine except that it crashes when I try to click "rate my computer" in "my computer"->"properties". This is still another issue. I have upgraded all drives including MB BIOS to the most up-to-date version and it still exist.

Most of my media files are in my main desktop which is located in the same subnet/under a cisco router. So I set up the folders that contain media files in my main desktop without password protection. I can open these media files from the HTPC and play movides in a couple of players.

So I installed the XBMC 12.2 in my HTPC and try to set up some video files through SMB drives. During the setup process, the entire HTPC will crash. Basically no video signals anymore and the Power button even not respond. I have to shut off the PSU with its switch. -.- It is really annoying and I can not figure out why. Any suggestions?

I'm going to try to get a PCIE GT-610 just to bypass the integrated 8570D graphics even though from specs the integrated 8570D seems more powerful and better than GT-610. If that does not work I might have to throw away the MB and the AMD APU and get a intel i3/i5 with B85 MB...

Thanks~

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Richland APU WIN7-64 XBMC crashes0